Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby mudvayneimn » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 pm

The unnamed, unknown, possible new element should be called "Laser Snake Horse on Fire." Yeah....
There are only two knowns in life...you were born. and you are going to die. I say F*uck that, lets ride a coaster! :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I think this is the SF announcement I'm most looking forward to hearing about! Planning my first trip out to SFDK for next year already! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:12 am

I literally can't even wait. This is probably gonna be the best ride announcement of my life seeing as it's my Little Marine World getting a badass RMC!!! :lover: *tears of joy* #fangirl
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mudvayneimn » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:15 am

The Joker.....loving the purple and green, the teaser is so.....teasing. I want MOAR. This is a preview for all the rides. The Joker preview starts around the 2 minute mark.

Preview Link

Edit: YAY for the Official post below! :b
Last edited by mudvayneimn on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:19 am.
There are only two knowns in life...you were born. and you are going to die. I say F*uck that, lets ride a coaster! :lmao:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 am

Wood Meets Steel in New Joker Ride Coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
image010.png

Thrilling New Hybrid Coaster, The Joker, Coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in 2016

VALLEJO, Calif. — September 3, 2015 — In Spring 2016, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will open the most-anticipated new roller coaster in Northern California in over 10 years, The Joker. This state-of-the-art extreme coaster will be the “must ride” coaster of the season, adding to the park’s status as Northern California’s most thrilling theme park.

“The Joker will be the most talked about new coaster in 2016,” said Don McCoy, park president. “We are excited to introduce this innovative technology that marries the best of both classic and modern coaster designs to offer our guests an unparalleled and unique experience.”

The Joker ride is the second DC Comics-themed attraction at the park after SUPERMAN™ Ultimate Flight opened in 2012 and the villainous character’s personality is evident in the coaster’s chaotic twists and turns, including a first ever “step-up under-flip inverted roll” that takes riders horizontal. The Joker ride also features the ultimate “fake-out” with a unique breaking wave turn, the only one of its kind on the West Coast.

Additional highlights of The Joker ride include:

· 3,200 feet of dual-colored purple and green track;
· A wild Zero G barrel roll;
· 3 inversions;
· 15 extreme airtime moments; and
· Maximum speeds of 53 mph.

The Joker ride is being transformed from what was the park’s iconic and traditional wooden coaster, Roar, which closed on August 16, 2015. The Joker ride is scheduled to open in Spring 2016. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 65% off on 2016 Passes! September 3 through 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2015, including park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park® and all of 2016.
Passholders may also purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2016 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Follow Six Flags Discovery Kingdom on Facebook and Twitter @sixflagsdk.
1172804.jpg
Joker02.jpg
Joker05 - Breaking Wave Turn.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 am.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 am

:lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:
Tigga, please!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 am

This looks awesome!!!! Really love the colors on it!
Last edited by HARLEYGUYJB on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 am.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 am

that's an amazing video

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 am

This is beautiful

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:22 am

SFDK got the bee's knees this year. Congrats.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!