TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows

Let's be honest, at a park like Great Adventure, does "theming" really come into play? Enough to really make someone "disappointed?" Really???

I mean, what is El Toro themed to?

What is Kingda Ka themed to?

What is Zumanjaro themed to?

What is Nitro themed to?

And most importantly... WHO CARES?!?!?

Even the Batman, Green Lantern, Bizarro, etc, rides, you're looking at minimal theming that is mostly cut-outs and a few statues. Does the theming really affect those rides...AT ALL!!?!?!

After I posted it, I thought about that point peep the edit

Edit: Nitro is in fact themed to a junkyard, you can't tell from the queue line?

^^^Those first three actually have pretty decent areas/stations surrounding them. Nitro's station blows chunks though - to be honest, I think it makes a difference. Not in the ride at all - Toro could be in the damn Sahara for all I care - but in the park just being an enjoyable place to spend time.

I didn't expect a theme, period, so I'm not disappointed at all. I'm really excited to ride this - the video definitely makes it look ugly as crap with the colors they chose (can we hire the people from HGTV next time or something?) but the reviews from Batman are all super positive so I expect nothing less here.

As a wise man at Cedar Fair once said, the less money spent on theming that doesn't enhance the ride experience, the more money we can spend on the ride. I'm all for a minimalist theme if it means more money can be spent on my overall park experience.

Except this is Great Adventure, and the money they saved will go nowhere - including the ride.

I mean, what is El Toro themed to?

Ride the bull!

What is Kingda Ka themed to?

The legendary mythological coasterlionjunglebeast!

What is Zumanjaro themed to?

Zoom! Also, Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcanic mountain!

What is Nitro themed to?

Metal! Industrial! Bad things! Rust!

And most importantly... WHO CARES?!?!?

Certainly not me. I have to go to bed, this thread is too much.

Guess we have to see in a few hours if it's real or not. Honestly it looks great, I'm currently stuck in Europe for the next few years but the East Coast starts to call me with this, Just adds more confusion where to start America of when the time is there. I like the color scheme allot, if the Joker leak of SFDK is real Six Flags sure knows how to use 2 colors for a ride.

WOW some of you guys seriously need to chill out. It's a new coaster, and most are saying it's a good one. I heard some (on other sites) complaining about the possibility of a 10-element model because it would be too nauseating, then complaining this version is too short. There's really no pleasing everyone, especially when it comes to Six Flags.

Speaking of, this is totally sow thing I could see Six Flags doing. Personally I think it's real, whether or not it's the final version. The website is a bit sketch, but it did mention season dining passes for use at every SF park which pretty much makes up for this

Anyways, if you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. Ride it before you complain and at LEAST wait for the official announcement.

The theming does not matter because seriously when has Six Flags does theming well in the last decade? It might be a cheaper route, but I'd rather something unique and interesting than say an X-Flight clone.

Ahh, and just because it's a clone (potentially) DOES NOT mean it isn't a unique ride for 99% of park visitors. Will you enjoy the ride less because there's the same ride in Texas? If so, find a new hobby and stop posting here.

Honestly I'm underwhelmed but still it'll be a great ride (hopefully). I would've thought that since it's been 10 years since our last headliner, we would've gotten something huge. This isn't really huge but it's still something thrilling that I'll ride. And for whoever said the enthusiast name, it should be TWW (Twister With Wheels)

Since the ride appears to have the FuII Throttle tent at the front, I wonder of they'll have a FuII Throttle stage with performers as well. Believe it or not, it's one of the best things MM has added in recent years. It gets guests attention, and the dance competitions are fun to watch. People love live entertainment, regardless if it's cheesy and/or campy.

You're correct, Great Adventure will be getting a live show experience similar to Full Throttle Nights at Magic Mountain. Personally, I find the show a lot of fun! (Although I'm incredibly biased)

Haven't been to Great Adventure in quite a few years, but this new coaster looks pretty neat. Anything besides a Six Flags neutered Zac Spin is a good thing!

Where was the six flags trailer music originally from? The starting part always reminds me of the twelfth doctors theme a little bit. Around the 2:20 mark.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by Garet

Total Mayhem Will Ensue in 2016

Six Flags Great Adventure to Debut the Most Insane Coaster in Its History

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 3, 2015 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure will dominate as the king of chaos in 2016 when the world’s largest theme park debuts the 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, Total Mayhem.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below – just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

"We are thrilled to unveil one of the newest concepts in roller coaster engineering with Total Mayhem,” said Park President John Fitzgerald. “Six Flags Great Adventure’s world-renowned coaster collection will expand into the realm of insanity – or spinsanity – with this new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers next generation, cutting-edge thrills.”

The unique design of Total Mayhem features:

Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design

One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track

4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles

Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels

A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift

Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

Total Mayhem is expected to ensue spring 2016, and joins the ranks of legendary roller coasters like El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro and 2015’s El Diablo. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides and attractions, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.

2109751450_KEYART-TotalMayhem.thumb.jpg.041afa49dc9f1efad3b1dfcf011a94fd.jpg

1652941306_LOGO-TotalMayhemcolor.thumb.jpg.c8908b6bfa94bd03e5a1e50b9aa73700.jpg

1819149919_PHOTO-TotalMayhem1.thumb.jpg.47e1e36c32ebdb907583242ea84c30eb.jpg

42202508_PHOTO-TotalMayhem2.thumb.jpg.167b98ad3dd25aae9fa2af299310b02a.jpg

384539435_PHOTO-TotalMayhem3.thumb.jpg.a903a5fbb94d70e47b2531ce3166d784.jpg

804010613_PHOTO-TotalMayhem4.thumb.jpg.90bdad6edc3b9abd3eaf2fd5b4e35666.jpg

856277608_PHOTO-TotalMayhem5.thumb.jpg.9c28d48c0f7f6058f710f75a5861283e.jpg

531193260_PHOTO-TotalMayhem6.thumb.jpg.78ef6fdab6091e5e991ace89b7a4fd5d.jpg

670315526_PHOTO-TotalMayhem7.thumb.jpg.f10be8994a5c2bfdb063f0e0b7b08ac9.jpg

TotalMayhem_thumb1.thumb.jpg.8452fb61a332e2ab626625bb29c41cfe.jpg

Replying first before all of the idiot fanboys of this park do nothing but whine about how they "deserve" something better. A 4D Free Fly is an AMAZING ride and you little bastards are gonna love it, regardless of how butthurt you are. Now shut up.

750 PPH is that stated by S & S, which is already low. in a park that is 2 million and a half and almost a mockery. but I do not think that in this six flags interests.

p.s:without counting the flash pass, that at least halves the capacity

Okay, so this might be the unpopular opinion around here, but I am actually really excited for this. As someone who doesn't really get to travel the country and world on a frequent basis, for the most part, I'm limited to what they have at the nearby parks. So having not set foot on a wing coaster or a free spin before, it'll be nice to finally get to try it out. I think this is a great addition and something that's going to be an unique experience amongst rides in the Northeast. Looking forward to riding it, and hopefully it will do its secondary job as well and thin out lines from the other star attractions at SFGAdv.

^I've heard about it once but I'm not putting any stock in it. It would be really cool because I've heard Maverick's are great, but I don't think that's happening.

I remember everyone was complaining that this thing would look ugly on the lake, but honestly it looks pretty damn good, I can't lie. I'm worried about the lines though... this year has been very crowded so if next year is like this, I expect long lines for this thing. I really like how it opens up views of the lake, the area just looks better now but I'm not going to fully judge from just a render. I'll try it for sure, and I'll try to make this thing spin as much as possible. It's a good addition, different from anything we already have, so why complain?

Oh yeah, I forgot, unless it's a 400ft Intamin Aquatrax someone will always find a flaw and complain to death about it