Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby MagicMountainMan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Since the ride appears to have the FuII Throttle tent at the front, I wonder of they'll have a FuII Throttle stage with performers as well. Believe it or not, it's one of the best things MM has added in recent years. It gets guests attention, and the dance competitions are fun to watch. People love live entertainment, regardless if it's cheesy and/or campy.

You're correct, Great Adventure will be getting a live show experience similar to YOLOcoaster Nights at Magic Mountain. Personally, I find the show a lot of fun! (Although I'm incredibly biased)

Haven't been to Great Adventure in quite a few years, but this new coaster looks pretty neat. Anything besides a Six Flags neutered Zac Spin is a good thing!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Where was the six flags trailer music originally from? The starting part always reminds me of the twelfth doctors theme a little bit. Around the 2:20 mark.

Last edited by Garet on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 pm

boldikus wrote: I have to go to bed, this thread is too much.

This is how I feel right now. I'm going to bed and looking forward to the REAL Six Flags announcement tomorrow.
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Enkil » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 pm

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:43 pm

^ Im happy because I can FINALLY ride a 4D coaster (first on the east coast too).
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Enkil wrote:4-D, free-fly coaster confirmed:

http://njtoday.net/2015/09/03/total-mayhem-expected-in-2016/

I like that part of that article that calls El Diablo a "legendary rollercoaster."
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:04 am

Total Mayhem Will Ensue in 2016

Six Flags Great Adventure to Debut the Most Insane Coaster in Its History

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 3, 2015 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure will dominate as the king of chaos in 2016 when the world’s largest theme park debuts the 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, Total Mayhem.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below – just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

"We are thrilled to unveil one of the newest concepts in roller coaster engineering with Total Mayhem,” said Park President John Fitzgerald. “Six Flags Great Adventure’s world-renowned coaster collection will expand into the realm of insanity – or spinsanity – with this new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers next generation, cutting-edge thrills.”

The unique design of Total Mayhem features:
Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design
One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track
4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles
Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels
A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

Total Mayhem is expected to ensue spring 2016, and joins the ranks of legendary roller coasters like El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro and 2015’s El Diablo. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides and attractions, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.
KEY ART- Total Mayhem .jpg
LOGO- Total Mayhem color.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 1.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 2.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 3.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 4.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 5.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 6.jpg
PHOTO- Total Mayhem 7.jpg
TotalMayhem_thumb1.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 am

Replying first before all of the idiot fanboys of this park do nothing but whine about how they "deserve" something better. A 4D Free Fly is an AMAZING ride and you little bastards are gonna love it, regardless of how butthurt you are. Now shut up.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 am

someone explain to me, why six flags continues to attractions put low capacity per hour?!?
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:15 am

^ IT'S NOT LOW CAPACITY, YOU DOLT! Holy crap, why don't you idiots do some research before whining?!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!