TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They have pre-made loops, corkscrews, cobra roll, and a few other things already in it! Once you get to where you want to loop, click on the end vortex which is the blue arrow then go to the track tab and hit "add elememt" then you should see them. You can scale amd shape them how you want as well

• 2 months later...

Update 2.1.5.0 is here containing all new scripted rides! This update is free to all NoLimits 2 users. The update adds five professionally modeled and scripted rides.

Features:

- Professionally modeled with multiple LODs for high performance.

- Drop in and play! All rides are scripted with animation and sound effects ready to go. Just add to your park like any other pre-built scenery object.

- All rides can be ridden! Approach the ride and press E when prompted to board the ride.

Enjoy!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

So excited for this update!!! I think I am most excited about the S&S Shot tower. I have been wanting one of those to put in one of my parks!! Also, I love how they recreated "Time Machine" a for the most part forgotten roller coaster. They did a great job with this park, and update!!

• 4 months later...

Version 2.2 is on its way.

They've added both variations on the Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster trains, support for DirectX 11, keyframed scene objects and more. Also, FYI, they're still working on the Mac version, they haven't forgotten about it.

EDIT: For those of you who are seeing frame rate drops after updating your game, there's an ongoing thread about it over at the NoLimits Exchange. http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4412&page=1

Thanks ride_op!

Edited by A.J.

Yes the update looks great! Is it sad I'm most excited about the new supports featuring "track default" connectors? That is always a pain in the neck

Trains look amazing. Definitely going to be creating some unique coasters from this! Also, does anyone think Gerstlauer pays Nolimits to be sponsored or featured in the game? This will be their 4th train type in the game I believe. If so, I wonder why more manufactures haven't done it too.

^ The No Limits team responded to requests about RMC rails and trains saying that they are "on their list."

Personally this has been the best update yet because it dramatically improved the frame rate for me. I also really like the Infinity trains and am playing around with different layouts.

So far for me it seems the update has slowed down my frame rates! Could just be the park but not sure. The detail on the new trains is awesome and also love the cross ties! I really can't wait till I can figure out how to control the ride from an iPhone.

YAY for a new update!!! Can't wait to play with the new coaster types, and all the other new features!! Looks awesome! The NL team never disappoints!

EDIT: Just updated my game, and went to play it, and OMG... the new update not only makes everything else run really slowly, but my mouse is not actually lining up with what I am trying to select. It is constantly selecting the thing above or below what I am trying to select. Anyone else having this issue??

Love the infinity trains! I made a small Euro-fighter with them and it was fun to make! I'll probably post a photo tomorrow.

Also, I ran the Kings Land park (The one included on the game with Intimidator 305 and Anaconda) and I was getting over 60 FPS (Which is about typical for my computer).

I'm very impressed with this update.

EDIT: Took some screenshots.

Overview.jpg.91b14903c9e12dbe9afae62ee5fc1b0e.jpg

FirstDrop.jpg.26edcdb2600632c526a24443726343c7.jpg

Inversion2.jpg.5329b7a207122a2b45c31f41cf3090a4.jpg

2Train.jpg.2dd1bdbd3d3e1301f9bcba8641815d6f.jpg

HillThing.jpg.f8482a46d2805f217fc2f611897ea005.jpg

Edited by GCI Wooden

My FPS has actually dropped quite a bit with this update... On a few of my tracks, FPS drops down to 30 FPS or so from 60 where it usually sticks at all the time. I rarely ever leave 60 FPS at max settings unless there are 2-3 rides and a lot of 3D trees and such.

Sucks my rig took a hit in performance... And I don't really see any benefit from the update quality/rendering wise.

For those reporting frame rate drops after the update, try the instructions listed here to force NL2 back to DX9:

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4412&page=1

(apologies if linking to another site is frowned upon, on mobile and that's the easiest way to post the instructions)

-Ride_Op

You're good, this is important to all players.

Edited by A.J.

Not sure if this will help, but on my original NoLimits game my FPS was below teens. I moved the game to a flash drive and wow what a difference. I'm getting high FPS again. Now I don't have NoLimits 2 yet, so I'm not sure if this will work. Let me know if you try this and share your results

I personally have had success running NoLimits 2 from a USB drive. If I remember correctly, you basically have to set up a folder structure like it is on a normal hard disk (disk name > Program Files and the like) for the game to work properly.

For those reporting frame rate drops after the update, try the instructions listed here to force NL2 back to DX9:

(apologies if linking to another site is frowned upon, on mobile and that's the easiest way to post the instructions)

-Ride_Op

I tried this and it worked great!! Thank's for helping us out!! Loving the update by the way!! The NL team is awesome! Thanks guys!!

-Ride_Op

This fixed my issue... Back locked at 60 FPS. Before the same scene would give me 35-40 and very choppy game play. Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 months later...

I have a question for more advanced users. I finally upgraded to the pro version and I was wondering how the 60fps video recording is used? I am only able to pick 60fps while the setting is set to custom, is there a way to change it for HD? Or how to record in HD while using custom. Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out!