Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby CanadaCoasterKid » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 pm

FYI, Goliath opened at around 8pm tonight. Awesome ride, way more intense than I expected! :b
Mom, can we have B&M's for dinner?

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Good to see it back up and running. I was disappointed it wasn't open on the day of my visit though. One of my favorites in the park.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:49 am

Yeah, same... I would have loved to been able to add that one to my count. Oh well -- gives me an excuse to come back next season! :)
That coaster dad [331] and that coaster kiddo [176]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:23 am

Ha, they're returning Bizzaro to Superman. That's hilarious.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:38 am

12th Coaster “Fireball” Coming to Six Flags New England in 2016

Coaster Capital of New England Introducing Seven-Story Looping Roller Coaster

AGAWAM, Mass — September 03, 2015 — Six Flags New England, the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced plans to add a giant looping roller coaster to its already impressive lineup of thrills. The Fireball will offer the ultimate in adrenaline and thrills as the theme park continues to introduce the latest in ride technology for its guests in New England.

“We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind ride experiences for our guests here at Six Flags New England,” said John Winkler, Park President. “Every year, we are excited to offer something new for our guests and this year is no exception. Our team is beyond thrilled to introduce our 12th coaster, Fireball, opening in spring 2016.”

Fireball adds a unique ride experience to Six Flags New England featuring:

 An exciting looping coaster seating 24 passengers in face-to-face positions;
 A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360⁰ revolutions;
 An additional 360⁰ revolution when the train reverses mid-course;
 Heights of over seven-stories tall;
 An approximate two-minute ride time.

The giant, looping coaster will be located in the Rockville area of the park. Fireball is expected to open in late spring of 2016, and riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news

The park is also thrilled to announce a change to the iconic steel coaster, Bizarro. The ride will be relaunched as Superman™ The Ride in spring 2016. The iconic coaster has been named 2015’s Best Roller Coaster by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best and is the winner of five Golden Ticket Awards. To create an even better ride experience, Superman™ The Ride will offer Super Hero music and theming throughout this epic coaster. Riders will feel like Superman™ as they climb over 20 stories into the air and race down like a speeding bullet at 77 miles per hour. Guests will also experience twists, turns and weightlessness along the coaster’s one mile of track. Thrill-seekers will not want to miss this heroic coaster as Superman™ The Ride regains its title at the Coaster Capital of New England

Six Flags New England is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 65% off on 2016 Passes! September 3 through September 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags New England, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits to Fright Fest® at Six Flags New England in 2015 and all of 2016.

Pass holders may also purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2016 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.
2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.jpg
Superman Logo.jpg
Superman Photo 1.jpg
Superman Photo 2.jpg
Superman Photo 3.jpg
Superman Photo 4.jpg
Superman Photo 5.jpg
Superman The Ride Key Art.jpg
Fireball Key Art.jpg
Fireball Logo.jpg
Fireball Photo 1.jpg
Fireball Photo 2.jpg
Fireball Photo 3.jpg
Fireball Photo 4.jpg
Fireball Photo 5.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:58 am.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:39 am

Hooray...I think? Is this the first ever coaster to be a flip-flopper? :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Wes » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:43 am

Good! The purple looked dumb on this.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:43 am

Cool.
Last edited by John Peck on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:10 am.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Hero » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:02 am

YES they're returning S:ROS! I hope this means perhaps new trains because the audio system is no longer needed, and it will return to it's former glory!
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:04 am

Ha, maybe they still have Superman's trains in a yard somewhere. Polish 'em up and refurb the chassis and back to #1 it goes
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!