TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Hi everyone I am going to visit SFNE for the first time in the fall and I had a few questions before I go.

1. Are SFGADV season passes valid at SFNE? I heard they were but I just want to make sure since SFGADV is my home park.

2. What lines can I expect and if they are long, is Flash Pass worth it?

3. In SFGAdv there is a "route" that you can take to get in all the popular rides before the park gets crowded. Is there something similar in SFNE?

I'm only going to be there for 1-2 days so I'd appreciate if I get some advice on what to ride as well.

I rode Mind Eraser in the back. Oy.

One of my friends came up with the title "Worldstar: The Ride" because riding it if you're not tall is basically like being on the wrong end of a beating. I can do SLCs without any real pain, but anyone below 5'8" is in for a very unpleasant time.

I don't think it's a height problem as much as it is a SLCs suck in general problem.

Well, that too, but I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'2" (officially the former but I was taller than a former coworker who was charted at the latter, so who knows) and can ride it without an absurd amount of discomfort. I still generally don't feel great after getting off of it, however.

It's not just height. I'm 6'0 but have very broad shoulders. The restraints come down and squeeze my shoulders together, causing a great deal of pain before I even leave the station.

Honestly, SLCs are awful. Just awful.

Hi everyone I am going to visit SFNE for the first time in the fall and I had a few questions before I go.

1. Are SFGADV season passes valid at SFNE? I heard they were but I just want to make sure since SFGADV is my home park.

3. In SFGAdv there is a "route" that you can take to get in all the popular rides before the park gets crowded. Is there something similar in SFNE?

I'm only going to be there for 1-2 days so I'd appreciate if I get some advice on what to ride as well.

1. Your season pass does work at SFNE. If you have the Gold pass you will have free parking. If not, be prepared to pay either $25 for regular, $30 (I believe) for preferred parking, or $5-$10 for parking at a bunch of lots that line the street.

2. If you are going in September, then lines should not be too bad as it's a slow time for parks in general, as well as there is the Big E about 20 mins away and that will draw most of the crowds. Beware of traffic jams that may be caused from the Big E though. If you want to ride Wicked Cyclone a lot, be advised that it is only on the Platinum Flash Pass (about $90), not the other two versions.

3. My advice would be to join the rush and go to Wicked Cyclone and New England Sky Screamer first. They are two of the most popular attractions, NESS's line moves slow due to capacity, so get it out of the way early. WC will consistently be around 35-45 mins throughout the day, avoid it during the peak 12pm-4pm hours though as it can get to over an hour. Pandemonium is also near those two rides and gets a big line fast, so do that third. Bizarro is the other top ride, but with two trains the line won't get too bad as long as it's not a Saturday in mid-late October.

Other popular rides are Scream, Goliath, Thunderbolt, Batman, and the Bumper Cars. Personally, I would wait to ride those until a little later in the day, once the crowds die down. If you go back for a second day, try doing Bizarro first, in the front row, before it gets the additional 30 min front row wait.

SFNE is a much compact feeling park than Great Adventure, but provides a lot of thrills. Have fun!

1. Your season pass does work at SFNE. If you have the Gold pass you will have free parking. If not, be prepared to pay either $25 for regular, $30 (I believe) for preferred parking, or $5-$10 for parking at a bunch of lots that line the street.

2. If you are going in September, then lines should not be too bad as it's a slow time for parks in general, as well as there is the Big E about 20 mins away and that will draw most of the crowds. Beware of traffic jams that may be caused from the Big E though. If you want to ride Wicked Cyclone a lot, be advised that it is only on the Platinum Flash Pass (about $90), not the other two versions.

3. My advice would be to join the rush and go to Wicked Cyclone and New England Sky Screamer first. They are two of the most popular attractions, NESS's line moves slow due to capacity, so get it out of the way early. WC will consistently be around 35-45 mins throughout the day, avoid it during the peak 12pm-4pm hours though as it can get to over an hour. Pandemonium is also near those two rides and gets a big line fast, so do that third. Bizarro is the other top ride, but with two trains the line won't get too bad as long as it's not a Saturday in mid-late October.

Other popular rides are Scream, Goliath, Thunderbolt, Batman, and the Bumper Cars. Personally, I would wait to ride those until a little later in the day, once the crowds die down. If you go back for a second day, try doing Bizarro first, in the front row, before it gets the additional 30 min front row wait.

SFNE is a much compact feeling park than Great Adventure, but provides a lot of thrills. Have fun!

Thank you this helped me a lot! I have been wanting to go for years and Wicked Cyclone just pushed me over the edge

The Gold passes are. Go to mypass.sixflags.com to see the benefits available with your season pass.

Wicked Cyclone is only available on Platinum Flash Pass, so you may want to get it just for that.

I can't answer this having been to SFNE only once.

DF, what day of the week are you planning on going? I was there yesterday as a single rider and crowds were honestly not bad. Outside of the morning's Bizarro snafu, the longest I waited for any ride was about 40 minutes for Sky Screamer. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for Wicked Cyclone once. Plus, they have a promotion running that if you buy a WC shirt, they will give you a coupon good for one free access through the WC Flash Pass line. I already knew I was walking out of there with a shirt, so that just pushed me past the tipping point. As much as I love WC, I probably wouldn't spend the money on Platinum just to get in unlimited no-wait re-rides on it when I'm not going to get my money's worth out of everything else in the park (many of which were near walk-ons).

It's not just height. I'm 6'0 but have very broad shoulders. The restraints come down and squeeze my shoulders together, causing a great deal of pain before I even leave the station.

Honestly, SLCs are awful. Just awful.

Im 5-10 and only 175 pounds. Iv never had an issue on an SLC. Hold your head as far forward as it can go

DF, what day of the week are you planning on going? I was there yesterday as a single rider and crowds were honestly not bad. Outside of the morning's Bizarro snafu, the longest I waited for any ride was about 40 minutes for Sky Screamer. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for Wicked Cyclone once. Plus, they have a promotion running that if you buy a WC shirt, they will give you a coupon good for one free access through the WC Flash Pass line. I already knew I was walking out of there with a shirt, so that just pushed me past the tipping point. As much as I love WC, I probably wouldn't spend the money on Platinum just to get in unlimited no-wait re-rides on it when I'm not going to get my money's worth out of everything else in the park (many of which were near walk-ons).

Probably either Thursday or Friday. No later than Saturday. If not I'll probably wait until Monday.

12th Coaster “Fireball” Coming to Six Flags New England in 2016

Coaster Capital of New England Introducing Seven-Story Looping Roller Coaster

AGAWAM, Mass — September 03, 2015 — Six Flags New England, the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced plans to add a giant looping roller coaster to its already impressive lineup of thrills. The Fireball will offer the ultimate in adrenaline and thrills as the theme park continues to introduce the latest in ride technology for its guests in New England.

“We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind ride experiences for our guests here at Six Flags New England,” said John Winkler, Park President. “Every year, we are excited to offer something new for our guests and this year is no exception. Our team is beyond thrilled to introduce our 12th coaster, Fireball, opening in spring 2016.”

Fireball adds a unique ride experience to Six Flags New England featuring:

 An exciting looping coaster seating 24 passengers in face-to-face positions;

 A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360⁰ revolutions;

 An additional 360⁰ revolution when the train reverses mid-course;

 Heights of over seven-stories tall;

 An approximate two-minute ride time.

The giant, looping coaster will be located in the Rockville area of the park. Fireball is expected to open in late spring of 2016, and riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news

The park is also thrilled to announce a change to the iconic steel coaster, Bizarro. The ride will be relaunched as Superman™ The Ride in spring 2016. The iconic coaster has been named 2015’s Best Roller Coaster by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best and is the winner of five Golden Ticket Awards. To create an even better ride experience, Superman™ The Ride will offer Super Hero music and theming throughout this epic coaster. Riders will feel like Superman™ as they climb over 20 stories into the air and race down like a speeding bullet at 77 miles per hour. Guests will also experience twists, turns and weightlessness along the coaster’s one mile of track. Thrill-seekers will not want to miss this heroic coaster as Superman™ The Ride regains its title at the Coaster Capital of New England

Six Flags New England is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 65% off on 2016 Passes! September 3 through September 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags New England, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits to Fright Fest® at Six Flags New England in 2015 and all of 2016.

Pass holders may also purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2016 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.c001967a849dbbebd18274c1f1775308.jpg

1416124515_SupermanLogo.thumb.jpg.40de329c2907ee8f67c7f11a80683dce.jpg

1269055098_SupermanPhoto1.thumb.jpg.cc7466b2c7a56459323f91c4047f1c56.jpg

1497079418_SupermanPhoto2.thumb.jpg.f013e37b5e793457e7466efac54fb507.jpg

1048521069_SupermanPhoto3.thumb.jpg.0c720cfa899a75f8522801c5fb4085e2.jpg

1390891071_SupermanPhoto4.thumb.jpg.cad7dce09d197ad417cdbdfde3e55f03.jpg

800048013_SupermanPhoto5.thumb.jpg.22fd0e50865ec05d558814a359265682.jpg

1433014788_SupermanTheRideKeyArt.thumb.jpg.6f910accd0511d3029c45ef9d5d3d8a7.jpg

1106494207_FireballKeyArt.thumb.jpg.7c983fe178e9ac08b06ed0755a5c82a5.jpg

738810353_FireballLogo.thumb.jpg.75c176d3bff4464084509a3cc9e48246.jpg

1339343510_FireballPhoto1.thumb.jpg.016f3fd4dcb82d6fdc3875a115c9ca2a.jpg

1250711320_FireballPhoto2.thumb.jpg.bad63a3cc542b0e791200b9a6197baef.jpg

1903792679_FireballPhoto3.thumb.jpg.e399117366624b5e408c616f4c7ca51e.jpg

1964198702_FireballPhoto4.thumb.jpg.fff69ca45264b80a11b866e94c713641.jpg

1093716543_FireballPhoto5.thumb.jpg.1827a3af88b9f7e0f0ca4566857ae56a.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

YES they're returning S:ROS! I hope this means perhaps new trains because the audio system is no longer needed, and it will return to it's former glory!

According to the press release, it will have superhero music playing throughout the ride. So sounds just like they're swapping out the 8 track.