TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Wicked Cyclone is great! I much preferred it as a wooden coaster (rode it 2003 to 2006) though. I'm impressed! Lots of fun.

Can I ask why? If the ride is "great," then what was so incredibly mind blowing about Cyclone that made it better? I haven't ridden either iteration of the ride, but nothing about the old version looks better than the new one to me. Maybe I'm wrong?

Goliath's train is getting out back on today!!!

Ugh... I was hoping they dropped that train off the forklift or something and damaged it beyond repair.

I really really REALLY wish I could've experienced Goliath with its old trains, because the ride was crap when I rode it this past July.

Wicked Cyclone is great! I much preferred it as a wooden coaster (rode it 2003 to 2006) though. I'm impressed! Lots of fun.

Can I ask why? If the ride is "great," then what was so incredibly mind blowing about Cyclone that made it better? I haven't ridden either iteration of the ride, but nothing about the old version looks better than the new one to me. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm sure I'm in the minority of that opinion. I really like Bill Cobb designs; they are full of character and variety. The original first drop was downright frightening. It had the famous Bill Cobb snap to it. I really enjoyed Wicked Cyclone, but I usually prefer classic wooden coasters. Ironically, Thunderbolt is running horrible. I assume it's those new ratchet lap bars that have weighed down the train. Also, seems they don't run two trains anymore, in addition to manual unlock for all the lab bars.

I took Bizarro for a spin. The new(er) lap bars hold my knees in and bend my feet out ( I am 6'1"). It's a strange set up, and not very comfortable. And those silly high wraparound head rests it now has. It also seems to have a lot of vibration to it.

I didn't get on Goliath in it's old location, and I didn't get on it today. It sure does look great in the middle of the park, though. I'm out of here! On my way to Seabreeze

From what I've seen its the new train back on. I rode Goliath shortly before it went down and it only had one rough spot. I absolutely loved it. I've only read rumors about Superman but apparently the shop was blowing out all Bizarro shirts and other souvenirs so it does seem to be heading back to Superman.

From what I've seen its the new train back on. I rode Goliath shortly before it went down and it only had one rough spot. I absolutely loved it. I've only read rumors about Superman but apparently the shop was blowing out all Bizarro shirts and other souvenirs so it does seem to be heading back to Superman.

There's also the Giang Air Race rumors.. More like leak..

I really really REALLY wish I could've experienced Goliath with its old trains, because the ride was crap when I rode it this past July.

Come to Silverwood, Aftershock has the original trains and it's awesome. I haven't ridden the new trains, so I don't know if there's a difference; maybe you'd think it was crap either way. I thought it was super intense, especially going through the loop backward, and the chevron seating gives the two front passengers a hell of a ride!

Aftershock.thumb.jpg.15ae501296b8458048c4f4b2cd040582.jpg

Original trains flying through the station

I'm sure I'm in the minority of that opinion. I really like Bill Cobb designs; they are full of character and variety. The original first drop was downright frightening. It had the famous Bill Cobb snap to it. I really enjoyed Wicked Cyclone, but I usually prefer classic wooden coasters. Ironically, Thunderbolt is running horrible. I assume it's those new ratchet lap bars that have weighed down the train. Also, seems they don't run two trains anymore, in addition to manual unlock for all the lab bars.

Wicked Cyclone is a completely different coaster, and in no way replaces what was lost by closing Cyclone. No matter how great WC I will still always miss Cyclone! It was one of the most unique coasters I have ever ridden.. I ranked it very highly amongst my wooden rankings.

Come to Silverwood, Aftershock has the original trains and it's awesome. I haven't ridden the new trains, so I don't know if there's a difference; maybe you'd think it was crap either way. I thought it was super intense, especially going through the loop backward, and the chevron seating gives the two front passengers a hell of a ride!

Trust me, I absolutely want to experience Aftershock or Stunt Fall. It seems like it would be much better than a regular Boomerang or Invertigo. However, I got the polar opposite experience with Goliath. I've heard it is a little better in the front, but I am not rushing back to SFNE solely to ride it (although I am rushing to get back to Wicked Cyclone and Bizarro)

Having ridden Goliath in both its locations and with both trains, I must say it ran much better before it was moved. It seemed like SFMM had finally gotten it down to run pretty consistently with minimal breakdowns. When it moved to SFNE, it seemed like it was acting just the way it did when it first opened...constantly breaking. Now with the new trains, not only does it seem to be down pretty consistently, but also its not even worth a ride anymore. What is with this park and ruining rides with new trains? I get they wanted to simplify the loading by having a straight-line 4 across seating, but it really didn't seem to complicated to figure out where you are supposed to sit.

FWIW, I'm at the park today, and Goliath is still closed -- the ride ops are telling people it will be open again for the Labor Day weekend. Take it with a grain of salt though.

Also thanks to Mind Eraser, rode my first and probably (hopefully) last SLC. Yikes. My head is still spinning...

I rode Mind Eraser in the back. Oy.

One of my friends came up with the title "Worldstar: The Ride" because riding it if you're not tall is basically like being on the wrong end of a beating. I can do SLCs without any real pain, but anyone below 5'8" is in for a very unpleasant time.

I don't think it's a height problem as much as it is a SLCs suck in general problem.