TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Screamscape sources tell us that one of the GCI Millennium Flyer trains from the now closed ROAR coaster at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom arrived at Six Flags St. Louis this week. The two trains from ROAR were rumored to be sent out to the two Six Flags parks that could use them as spare trains... or for spare parts, for American Thunder at Six Flags St. Louis and Apocalypse at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I would expect the other train to already have arrived at SFMM by now as well.

Seems like you guys won't be getting MF trains after all. Six Flags really just doesn't care about this park. I know that the trains are being used for parts, but would it hurt to let SFA use the trains for a year or two, then send them out? If they rehab one Roar it would make sense to do both.

Also, where was it heard that SF doesn't have any Ibox contracts next year? Unless they're looking to build another Topper Track coaster like Goliath.

I think I remember reading something saying that after 2016, Six Flags doesn't have any more contracts with RMC.

And I'm sure the source of that information is 100% reliable. Probably the same guy screaming about Busch's dive machine contract in every thread on this forum, or the dude who actually believes B&M designed Drachen Fire.

I think I remember reading something saying that after 2016, Six Flags doesn't have any more contracts with RMC.

And I'm sure the source of that information is 100% reliable. Probably the same guy screaming about Busch's dive machine contract in every thread on this forum, or the dude who actually believes B&M designed Drachen Fire.

Yeah, RMC doesn't have anymore iboxes planned for SF after 2016. I don't remember exactly where it was stated but RMC said that they have 1 last ibox conversion for SF in 2016 (which is true as far as we know with Roar West being converted for 2016) before they raise the price significantly.

I know it's rumored that SFA will only get a waterpark expansion, but what if they got the S&S 4D that is rumored to go into SFGAdv?? That would be a better fit at this park, IMO!

I'm hoping are missing something at this point for this park. After a Larson fireball this year, you'd think they would get more than just a new kiddie area/splash pad. Either a new slide complex, a new flat ride, or even the S&S... Though I think it's unlikely.

What they need are some trees. I'm not going for a laugh, at this point I'm being completely serious. This park needs to invest in a few hundred trees... and maybe a bathroom back by Batwing. Screw new rides, screw new coasters this park needs to announce paint, trees and a bathroom.

What they need are some trees. I'm not going for a laugh, at this point I'm being completely serious. This park needs to invest in a few hundred trees... and maybe a bathroom back by Batwing. Screw new rides, screw new coasters this park needs to announce paint, trees and a bathroom.

They planted about six trees just far enough away from the path to Batwing that don't create any shade this year.

Bathrooms by Batwing have been discussed before, and I think I remember a poster on here maybe a year ago mentioning a conversation he had (how reliable this may be is up for debate) with one of the higher-ups. The word is that they know Gotham City sucks and needs a bathroom, but they have other more pressing issues to work on first before they can tackle that problem. Also there may not be water lines by Batwing so it could be more than they're willing to spend until they get an attendance boost from new rides and other upgrades.

The lack of shade is more easily addressed though, and it's weird because the rest of the park isn't that bad at all. A splash pad and 500 mature trees would be about the best thing the park could reasonably do next year.

Preach brother that Maryland sun is unforgiving.

I was looking at a Google Maps satellite view of SFA and a very random thought occurred to me: What would happen to the rides that are themed to TimeWarner properties if Six Flags ever sold SFA to another company (i.e. they way they did with Darien Lake)? I chose Darien Lake as an example because of how they had to rename the rides to erase the TimeWarner connections, such as Superman: Ride of Steel becoming Ride of Steel (sans Superman). In SFA, almost all the TimeWarner properties are located in Gotham City (apart from the Looney Toons Land). If SFA was sold, I think a good retheming for Gotham City would be along the lines of an Fourth of July themed area. I think Superman: Ride of Steel (retaining its colors) could be renamed Steel Patriot. Maybe Joker's Jinx could be themed to Fourth of July fireworks (with firework sounds at launch) and Batwing could be something related to Bald Eagles. I know this is all hypothetical, but how would you rename the section and rides if SFA was ever sold to another company?

If Cedar Fair bought it, Roar and Wild One would be scrapped, MiA would Get Ride of Steel (finally a hyper!), Batwing would go to Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair would Get Jokers Jinx (full circuit launcher!) and Mind Eraser (to finally silence the invert demands) aaand Dorney would get Apocalypse (kidding, this would go to Worlds of Fun as a floorless conversion).

No retheme to worry about

If Cedar Fair bought it, Roar and Wild One would be scrapped, MiA would Get Ride of Steel (finally a hyper!), Batwing would go to Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair would Get Jokers Jinx (full circuit launcher!) and Mind Eraser (to finally silence the invert demands) aaand Dorney would get Apocalypse (kidding, this would go to Worlds of Fun as a floorless conversion).

Why can't Dorney get something?

Wild One wouldn't be scrapped. Historians would have a field day. I have a feeling that Six Flags will not sell the park. Doubt Cedar Fair would buy.

Why can't Dorney get something?

Dorney can take Wild One then, which should satisfy historians and the need for another wooden coaster--and Ragin Cajun too, why not

There's no chance Six Flags would sell, but if they did and Cedar Fair bought it, then this park would be Geauga Lake 2 to strengthen the market for Kings Dominion.

I have a feeling the new attraction will be something for Hurrcane Harbor for two reasons:

A: They removed the old water play structure (the thing with the tipping bucket)

B: They put this banner up near where the play structure was (image from Screamscape):

I'm not as in tune to what major types of water park attractions are out there, but what could it be? What are there "in right now" water attractions that SFA could realistically get? The play structure's area is too small for one of those water coasters. Maybe some of the older slides (from the Wild World days) will be removed as well to make room?