Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am

ImNotOneOfYou wrote:
mudvayneimn wrote:Wouldn't it then need to be named Dragon luke warm?

There's only one coasterbill :Pr

:lol: And thank god for that.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:36 am

I know it's rumored that SFA will only get a waterpark expansion, but what if they got the S&S 4D that is rumored to go into SFGAdv?? That would be a better fit at this park, IMO!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:53 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I know it's rumored that SFA will only get a waterpark expansion, but what if they got the S&S 4D that is rumored to go into SFGAdv?? That would be a better fit at this park, IMO!

I'm hoping are missing something at this point for this park. After a Larson fireball this year, you'd think they would get more than just a new kiddie area/splash pad. Either a new slide complex, a new flat ride, or even the S&S... Though I think it's unlikely.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:05 pm

What they need are some trees. I'm not going for a laugh, at this point I'm being completely serious. This park needs to invest in a few hundred trees... and maybe a bathroom back by Batwing. Screw new rides, screw new coasters this park needs to announce paint, trees and a bathroom.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:11 pm

coasterbill wrote:What they need are some trees. I'm not going for a laugh, at this point I'm being completely serious. This park needs to invest in a few hundred trees... and maybe a bathroom back by Batwing. Screw new rides, screw new coasters this park needs to announce paint, trees and a bathroom.

They planted about six trees just far enough away from the path to Batwing that don't create any shade this year.

Bathrooms by Batwing have been discussed before, and I think I remember a poster on here maybe a year ago mentioning a conversation he had (how reliable this may be is up for debate) with one of the higher-ups. The word is that they know Gotham City sucks and needs a bathroom, but they have other more pressing issues to work on first before they can tackle that problem. Also there may not be water lines by Batwing so it could be more than they're willing to spend until they get an attendance boost from new rides and other upgrades.

The lack of shade is more easily addressed though, and it's weird because the rest of the park isn't that bad at all. A splash pad and 500 mature trees would be about the best thing the park could reasonably do next year.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:18 pm

coasterbill wrote:What they need are some trees. I'm not going for a laugh, at this point I'm being completely serious. This park needs to invest in a few hundred trees... and maybe a bathroom back by Batwing. Screw new rides, screw new coasters this park needs to announce paint, trees and a bathroom.

Preach brother that Maryland sun is unforgiving.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Hero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 pm

It reached 105 degrees F when I went back in July. With no shade, it was unbearable. The only reason I survived is because I got soaked while walking by the Giant Flume :lol:
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby StarWars » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:45 pm

I was looking at a Google Maps satellite view of SFA and a very random thought occurred to me: What would happen to the rides that are themed to TimeWarner properties if Six Flags ever sold SFA to another company (i.e. they way they did with Darien Lake)? I chose Darien Lake as an example because of how they had to rename the rides to erase the TimeWarner connections, such as Superman: Ride of Steel becoming Ride of Steel (sans Superman). In SFA, almost all the TimeWarner properties are located in Gotham City (apart from the Looney Toons Land). If SFA was sold, I think a good retheming for Gotham City would be along the lines of an Fourth of July themed area. I think Superman: Ride of Steel (retaining its colors) could be renamed Steel Patriot. Maybe Joker's Jinx could be themed to Fourth of July fireworks (with firework sounds at launch) and Batwing could be something related to Bald Eagles. I know this is all hypothetical, but how would you rename the section and rides if SFA was ever sold to another company?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ariznglori » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 pm

If Cedar Fair bought it, Roar and Wild One would be scrapped, MiA would Get Ride of Steel (finally a hyper!), Batwing would go to Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair would Get Jokers Jinx (full circuit launcher!) and Mind Eraser (to finally silence the invert demands) aaand Dorney would get Apocalypse (kidding, this would go to Worlds of Fun as a floorless conversion).

No retheme to worry about ;)
Don't trust people who don't ride rollercoasters. Jk.

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:30 pm

ariznglori wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it, Roar and Wild One would be scrapped, MiA would Get Ride of Steel (finally a hyper!), Batwing would go to Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair would Get Jokers Jinx (full circuit launcher!) and Mind Eraser (to finally silence the invert demands) aaand Dorney would get Apocalypse (kidding, this would go to Worlds of Fun as a floorless conversion).

No retheme to worry about ;)

Why can't Dorney get something?
Peek a boo!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!