TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Okay this might be a crazy guess, however, with alll or most of the new family rides relating to flight in some way, could that mean a wing rider coaster is in the works? Perhaps this is absolutely nothing but I like to think so . But great add to WOF. And crosses fingers for a wing rider in the future haha

The main problem with WoF and Cedar Fair especially is that they are okay with being #2 as long as they are making money. Kings Dominion never competes with Busch because they still make tons of money and they are scared to take chances. Same situation with Knott's and SFMM, Dorney and Hersheypark, etc. They are like the really smart kid in school taking regular classes because it's comfortable and it doesn't challenge him. CF would be a much better company if they decided that #2 wasn't an option anymore.

Kings Dominion never competes with Busch because they still make tons of money and they are scared to take chances.

Um....Intimidator 305 says hello.

Wow that was one of the most incorrect statements ever. Volcano, Hypersonic, and I-305 were all risky investments.

And wait... BGW?? Lol the park with three B&M's, a family launcher, a tried and true launcher, and an old looper? What, is Mach Tower "risky" because it's always broken?

Surprised this hasn't been added yet.

Worlds of Fun has announced that they will be expanding their Planet Snoopy with five new rides for 2016.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.

Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy

Snoopy Space Buggies - Defy gravity and bounce to the moon and back

Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling

Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure

“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

Link

Never mind, missed it as the most recent posts were wondering if WoF was due for a coaster. Also, I figured it would be posted at 2 like KI's announcement yesterday.

Edited by Airtime&Gravity

Kings Dominion never competes with Busch because they still make tons of money and they are scared to take chances.

Wow that was one of the most incorrect statements ever. Volcano, Hypersonic, and I-305 were all risky investments.

And wait... BGW?? Lol the park with three B&M's, a family launcher, a tried and true launcher, and an old looper? What, is Mach Tower "risky" because it's always broken?

Hypersonic and Volcano were built before CF owned the park. I305 was huge, but it was nothing risky. The chain had already built a gigs coaster at the time and had been working with INTAMIN at the time.

Hypersonic and Volcano were built before CF owned the park. I305 was huge, but it was nothing risky. The chain had already built a gigs coaster at the time and had been working with INTAMIN at the time.

So... Pre-CF Kings Dominion is not the same park as post-CF Kings Dominion? Why does it matter when Kings Dominion built those rides?

And if you don't think a $25 million terrain hugging, first of its kind giga coaster isn't a slight risk, you're crazy. Why have only Cedar Fair parks built giga coasters in North America? Because any investment that major is very risky, *especially* a coaster like I-305.

So... Pre-CF Kings Dominion is not the same park as post-CF Kings Dominion? Why does it matter when Kings Dominion built those rides?

And if you don't think a $25 million terrain hugging, first of its kind giga coaster isn't a slight risk, you're crazy. Why have only Cedar Fair parks built giga coasters in North America? Because any investment that major is very risky, *especially* a coaster like I-305.

I have to agree with this as it does have some truth to it. Cedar Point (at that point in time) was the only other park in the chain that received an investment that large on a single attraction. This was especially risky when the park's revenue is well below Cedar Point's. So yes, it was a risky investment for the park& CF.

Surprised this hasn't been added yet.

Worlds of Fun has announced that they will be expanding their Planet Snoopy with five new rides for 2016.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Families can glide, fly and launch into 2016 at Worlds of Fun with the addition of five new family rides coming to Planet Snoopy next season:

Woodstock Gliders - Young guests control their own flight with movable stationary wings.

Flying Ace - Get your aviator glasses ready for a high-flying adventure with Snoopy

Linus Launcher - Experience the sensation of weightlessness through flight with feet dangling

Snoopy Junction - All aboard! Snoopy the conductor leads kids on a railroad adventure

“Thrills come in all sizes,” says vice president and general manager Frank Wilburn. “It’s important that we continue to create the best family environment for our guests and what better place to do that than right here at Planet Snoopy where we create memories that last a lifetime.”

Planet Snoopy was added to Worlds of Fun in 2011 and will now feature 21 family style rides at Kansas City’s favorite amusement park. Little ones can take a trip on monster trucks, take to the skies on a forty-foot balloon ride, or hop in a new spinning tug-boat for the whole family. Sing and dance with Peanuts Party in the Park, a show with a special musical appearance by Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang live in Planet Snoopy Plaza!

Season Passes for 2016 are now on sale at the lowest price they will be this year! For only $99, experience Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun all summer long including Halloween Haunt. When you purchase your 2016 Season Pass, you get one free visit to Worlds of Fun 2015! Guest favorites like the World Food and Wine Festival and the All-American Barbeque and Brew Festival are set to return in 2016.

Link

Never mind, missed it as the most recent posts were wondering if WoF was due for a coaster. Also, I figured it would be posted at 2 like KI's announcement yesterday.

This is a really great announcement! The low season pass price (pretty much on par with SDC's prices; WoF is usually a lot higher), plus the season refill cup like Six Flags introduced last year are very good value propositions for families. Flying scooters are a big hit, and the other four new rides are some popular children's rides that SFStL and/or SDC already have. Good move on their part--makes a ton of business sense. Yes, no one's going to drive halfway across the country for this, but for Missouri families, this makes a strong case for going to Worlds of Fun next year.

New for 2016

What is the ride in the upper left hand corner? If anyone could post a picture of a similar ride that would be greaat.

Interesting...wasn't there a big discussion a few pages ago as to how CF has not invested in WoF and now you get several new additions to Planet Snoopy?

My thinking is that maybe CF wants to market WoF as a more family style park than a big thrill park like CP, KI, KD, and CW, hence the lack of big thrilling additions as of late.

Well, after doing some research, Worlds of Fun will have more kid's rides than any other Cedar Fair or Six Flags park when the upgraded Planet Snoopy is unveiled next year. And that's not counting the FIVE kiddie areas of the water park, which is again more than any other Cedar Fair park. Well, all I have to say is, if you wanna take your kids somewhere, and don't have a Disney budget, WoF is like their dream come true. Now let's make it the same for the thrill seekers. If we already have the most, please don't keep adding more rides for kids. It's pointless! Half our lineup is kids rides!

Well, all I have to say is, if you wanna take your kids somewhere, and don't have a Disney budget, WoF is like their dream come true.

YES! Hence why I'm apparently the only one happy about this announcement. This addition is aimed straight at people like me (family of 5, kids between 3 and 7, about 3 hours from Worlds of Fun).

Well, all I have to say is, if you wanna take your kids somewhere, and don't have a Disney budget, WoF is like their dream come true.

YES! Hence why I'm apparently the only one happy about this announcement. This addition is aimed straight at people like me (family of 5, kids between 3 and 7, about 3 hours from Worlds of Fun).

You have to pay for 5 to get in. Coaster only loving guy only pays for himself to get in. You buy drinks and food for five. Coaster only loving guy's mom makes him eat a sandwhich before he leaves so her baby boy doesnt spend any money he doesn't have to begin with. I feel like im onto something here..

^Why does everyone lately seem to assume that coasters appeal only to hardcore nerds who travel alone and don't spend anything at the park? Most major coaster additions I've heard of have spurred attendance increases of 10-20%. You ever notice how many kids are in line for the big B&M's? They don't stay in Planet Snoopy forever.

Obviously younger oriented additions spur attendance as well in their own way, and you can make all the arguments you want about which group will theoretically spend more, but the point is that the big picture is a lot more complex than everyone tries to make it out to be. I'm sure there's a ton of research and planning that has gone into determining which group the park will focus on this year and why they haven't gone after another coaster in 6 years.

I see it as more of a balancing act. Each park has to keep up constant research into it's surroundings to see which group has the most potential to increase the park's overall attendance and revenue. Apparently WOF thinks the demographics that are attracted by big coasters are already going to come to WOF, but there are still younger families out there to be lured in.

Lol, I didn't even know WoF announced anything new because of all the fanboys whining that they didn't get a coaster again. Between this and Valleyfair, a drinking game would just be toxic.

WoF saw that their family area needed an upgrade. They already have a decent collection of coasters for a park their size. A hyper, a B&M, a spinning coaster, and a GCI woodie added in a short period of time is why the park is not in need of a coaster right now. The time will come. Cedar Fair obviously also doesn't want to take as big of a risk as I have heard many reports of the waterpark being a major draw here, rather than some of the dry side.

^Why does everyone lately seem to assume that coasters appeal only to hardcore nerds who travel alone and don't spend anything at the park? Most major coaster additions I've heard of have spurred attendance increases of 10-20%. You ever notice how many kids are in line for the big B&M's? They don't stay in Planet Snoopy forever.

Obviously younger oriented additions spur attendance as well in their own way, and you can make all the arguments you want about which group will theoretically spend more, but the point is that the big picture is a lot more complex than everyone tries to make it out to be. I'm sure there's a ton of research and planning that has gone into determining which group the park will focus on this year and why they haven't gone after another coaster in 6 years.

I see it as more of a balancing act. Each park has to keep up constant research into it's surroundings to see which group has the most potential to increase the park's overall attendance and revenue. Apparently WOF thinks the demographics that are attracted by big coasters are already going to come to WOF, but there are still younger families out there to be lured in.

Very well put. I am from Omaha which is roughly a 3 hour drive from Worlds of Fun, and while almost everyone I know has visited the park, few have visited since before Prowler was built. There's just not much that is new for ages 10 and up. However, I do think that their family area needed improvement just by the looks of it. Also, those I know with families would rather save up for a vacation to Disney than take their kids to Worlds of Fun, and perhaps this addition could draw back that demographic - at least from my soon-to-be-former city.

I, for one, am looking forward to moving to Virginia and finally visiting Kings Dominion. Even if I visit this fall, at least I've got a great reason to go back and ride their Giant Frisbee in 2016.

This addition is aimed straight at people like me (family of 5, kids between 3 and 7, about 3 hours from Worlds of Fun).

I'm sure it was reactive to Silver Dollar City's Fireman's Landing addition this year, no doubt.

Nothing for the gays this year. Worlds of Fun better build something new and build it quickly to compete with Fireman's Landing!

In a way, Planet Snoopy to me looked unfinished because of all the available space back where the wacky worm once sat. That was all moved as part of a bigger plan, and as plans change it just didn't feel finished. This will nicely finish it out. It's a safe bet with this becoming what I would call complete, that the kiddie ride additions are done for now. It was something the park greatly needed and as said before, it has been a huge hit and well received by family's. As Shave said, they don't stay in PS forever, get the younger kids excited about WOF so that they move on to the big stuff and keep coming back. When the demographic of teens/tweens/thrill seekers increases more thrills will come. To me it's a genius plan.