Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

Good addition for KI. Should be a real crowd pleaser on 90 degree days!!!
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:54 am

Could locals or frequent park visitors talk about how they feel the announced improvements to the entrance plaza will assist with traffic flow into the park? I don't remember much from my visit two years ago.

DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:55 am

These are great slide complexes and they give you a little something for everyone. The dropbox slides are my favorite water slides and having 3 of them should really help with capacity. Now CF needs to add this same tower to Knott's, the KBF Soak City hasn't seen an addition since 2006.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: Twisted Colossus
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Could locals or frequent park visitors talk about how they feel the announced improvements to the entrance plaza will assist with traffic flow into the park? I don't remember much from my visit two years ago.

Instead of having two sets of tolls (one near the middle of the parking lot and one to the north side of the parking lot) they will have one big one that looks like it is double the size of the current main entrance. It is usually only a problem on real crowded days. When i worked there 11 years ago a couple of days traffic was backed up the the montgomery exit on 71

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:19 pm

bluestreak wrote:
Wingwright wrote:Is Soak City included with King's Island admission? I feel like I would like water parks a lot more if my local parks didn't charge separately for admission!
I never choose to buy water park tickets over the main park.

(Knott's and Magic Mountain :cry: )

Yes Soak City is included with KI

The park's train even stops at Soak City.

The new slide tower at KD is good, so I'm sure it will be a hit at KI.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:19 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Seven-story water slide complex coming to Kings Island in 2016

MASON, Ohio – Kings Island announced Wednesday a major expansion to its Soak City Waterpark for the 2016 season with the addition of Tropical Plunge, a complex of six different water slide experiences towering nearly seven stories.

Three of the slides on the 65-foot tall complex will start with guests climbing inside an Aqua-Launch chamber where they will wait anxiously for the floor to drop out from underneath their feet, sending them into a high-speed, almost vertical free fall through a series of flat loops and S-curves in a translucent flume.
Tropical Plunge also features a slide that will send riders twisting and spiraling through an enclosed chute featuring four intense 360-degree loops across 449 feet of slide before they’re released out into a pool of water and dueling 337-foot long tube slides that zip riders through an enchanting series of drops and turns.

“This will be a high-adrenaline attraction that will increase the thrill factor for our park guests,” Kings Island’s Vice President and General Manager Greg Scheid said.

“They have been asking for new and more thrilling waterpark attractions they are able to enjoy with family members and we think this answers their feedback plus brings another element of FUN to the overall experience of Kings Island.”

Tropical Plunge will expand the size of Kings Island’s waterpark to 35 acres. Once the attraction has been built, Soak City Waterpark will have a total of 36 slides; two wave pools; two coves; a lagoon and an action river plus children’s play areas among its more than 50 water activities.

Construction on Tropical Plunge is expected to begin this fall and will be ready by Memorial Day 2016, the start of the waterpark’s 27th season.

In addition to the new water slide complex, in conjunction with the City of Mason’s renovation of Kings Island Drive, a grander more welcoming park entrance with 13 new entrance lanes will be built on the north end of the parking lot, creating a much-improved traffic flow. The new entrance will replace the current north and south toll plazas.

Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.”

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

KI_TropicalPlunge_Logo.jpg
Tropical Plunge Logo
TropicalPlunge.jpg
Artist Rendering
KI_Parking_Tolls.jpg
New parking toll booth

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Looks good, also like the logo and name for this! Looks very clean and fresh.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:13 pm

Although I am still hesitant about those drop chute waterslides, this looks like a really great addition for the park.

And sorely needed, I might add!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:24 pm

So, the same slide complex that was installed at Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park.

Looks good, but it's a little anticlimactic. :p
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:27 pm

A.J. wrote:So, the same slide complex that was installed at Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park.

Looks good, but it's a little anticlimactic. :p

I get the feeling that most of the Cedar Fair park announcements (other than Cedar Point) will be.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!