Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Didn't that cancel HHN orlando after the cedar point incident???
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:26 pm

jarmor wrote:Didn't that cancel HHN orlando after the cedar point incident???

Why would some-one getting hit by a coaster train in Ohio cancel a Halloween event in Florida?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:48 am

chargersmichael wrote:One thing I'm a little concerned about is that there have been no announcements for any more houses for HHN. The event in Hollywood has most if not all the houses announced. Howl O Scream Tampa has all of theirs announced. It has been a while since they announced any new addition. I know they know what they're doing...I just want to know all the houses already!!!

Universal has been posting videos as part of a sweepstakes on HHN Facebook. The last video will be posted 8/25 and that's probably when they will announce all the houses.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 am

image.jpg
Looks like the Purge is the next house coming to Universal Orlando for HHN 25.
http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/the-purge-hhn-25/

Universal Pictures’ “The Purge” Lures Guests to “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, Beginning Friday, September 18
All-New Immersive Haunted House to Unleash Purge Terror in Orlando

Universal City, Ca, August 17, 2015 – Beginning Friday, September 18, the annual Purge will commence at “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort as both parks debut all-new disturbingly-real experiences, inspired by Universal’s popular franchise film series created by writer and director James DeMonaco and produced by Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes.

Guests will attempt to survive the night as they are immersed in the film’s depraved world, where all crime is declared legal as part of the government’s annually sanctioned 12-hour Purge.

Universal Orlando’s horrifying “Purge” maze will expand upon the incredibly popular and terrifying films and place guests in the midst of a chaotic Purge night where the tradition has commenced. As they navigate the maze, they will quickly realize that they are the targets for this year’s Purge. Guests will be hunted by dozens of masked vigilantes who will stop at nothing to purge as they are entitled.

“Building on the success of last year’s scare zone, this time our guests will live their very own ‘Purge Night’ within the confines of an all-new house experience,” said Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment Creative Development. “Just like in the film, guests will find themselves within arm’s reach of the most sadistic collection of killers imaginable. Their only want and need is to express their right to purge and purge they will."

To learn more about the Purge maze at Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights” click here.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:39 pm.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ImagineerJohn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:12 am

Just wondering if we have any Rip Ride Rockit nerds out there that can help me out with some information.

I understand there are 7 trains on the ride. Can it run all 7 at once? How many can be in the station area at once as well. If you could message me or let me know any info about the operation of this ride it would be greatly appreciated!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Topher.Charlotte » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:36 pm

The station will hold 2 trains at a time and only 6 can be on track at once.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:55 am

So the rumor now is that Disaster will be closed down later this year and will be replaced by a new Fast n Furious attraction for Universal Orlando. I guess that's not terribly surprising since Disaster is one of the older attractions in the park. I'm guessing they'll gut the building and start from scratch but part of me hopes they'll find a way to incorperate that existing famous scene from Disaster into the new ride, would be really cool if they could.

Either way, if this rumor is true, it's certianly an exciting time to be a theme park fan in Orlando!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 am

^ I really just hope it's not another media-based attraction. At some point they just need to start giving people 3-D glasses when you walk through the turnstile. I haven't been on Disaster since it re-opened in 2008. I'm not a fan of the attraction so I won't miss it. I just hope the new ride is really a "ride" and is something I can really look forward to.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:59 am

^This.

I'm one of those who can't do 3-D as its a one way ticket to vomit town. While all these attractions look fantastic it be great to see something added I can ride without ruining the rest of my day.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 am

If Universal has all this money and is trying to really give Disney a run for their money I'd love to see them build some sort of real Fast and the Furious ride with a test track sort of ride system. No more 4D!!!! Isn't Fast and the Furious one of the most successful franchises of all time? Give them something good!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!