Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby WildEagle2014 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 am

DreamMore Resort has its first official non-employee guests staying today, with the official opening on Monday. We stopped by the resort yesterday to check it out and were completely blown away...Dollywood looks like they went all out on this and the level of detail is amazing! We spent a full two hours just walking around inside and exploring the grounds outside. Check out the pictures below!
image.jpg
This is the fountain that spills into a stream that runs by the pool...not running yet but still beautiful!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Team members were still cleaning up the walkways, putting down mulch, and finishing everything up in the gardens around the pool area, but everything is nearly complete!
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are butterflies hidden everywhere!
image.jpg
This is the view from the 6th floor elevator lobby windows.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This awesome photo of Dolly is one of the first sights visitors will see in the lobby as they arrive.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Dolly's rocking chairs are everywhere, just begging you to stop and sit for a few minutes.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The front desk features a beautiful moving painting behind it that changes scenes every few minutes...just beautiful!
image.jpg
The snack shop and bakery area was a nice surprise that I didn't know was being added. Also exciting to find out all coffee at the resort is Starbucks!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is the meeting room hall...loved the prints of the national park on all the walls!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some of the rooms feature small patios that overlook the pool area and gardens.
image.jpg
As stated before, the level of detail on everything is amazing...you'll realize it when you find the raccoon and deer tracks pressed into the concrete around the pool area.
image.jpg
image.jpg
There's a nice splash area for the kids...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Overall...I'm super excited to stay here and believe Dollywood has really hit the ball out of the park with DreamMore. I can't wait to see what other resorts show up in the next few years on Dollywood Resorts Boulevard! :)
Last edited by WildEagle2014 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:42 am.
2014: Banshee, Diamondback, Goliath, Thunderhead, Wild Eagle, Intimidator, Gwazi, Kumba, and Sheikra!
2015: FURY 325!!!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ASE » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

Nice pics of DreamMore!

To go with that, here's the list of benefits of staying at the resort...the free timesaver pass for Dollywood is a great one:

-Complimentary TimeSaver Pass at Dollywood – Reserve access at select Dollywood rides, shows and attractions. This can save you a lot of time by not having to wait in lines on the most popular rides. This is up to a $25 value per person!
-Early Saturday Entry – Get into Dollywood Theme Park and Dollywood’s Splash Country early on Saturday mornings before the parks open to the rest of the public!
-Complimentary Door-to-Door Transportation – Ride a convenient resort shuttle to Dollywood and Splash Country.
-Exclusive Entrance – Use the special resort guests-only entrance at Dollywood parks to avoid long lines.
-Complimentary Package Delivery – If you purchase merchandise at Dollywood or Splash Country, you can have it delivered directly to your room at the DreamMore Resort for free!
-Resort perks – Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, exclusive resort entertainment & dining experiences, and complimentary resort parking.

Also, they don't advertise it heavily on the website, but if you're a Gold or Super season pass holder, you can get a pretty good discount on the nightly rate at DreamMore.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby coaster-mm » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Staying at the dreammore resort for 3 days this September.
We're really looking forward to our stay there and after seeing those pics.........OMG!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

As previously mentioned, Dollywood's DreamMore Resort officially opened today. Below is a press release from Dollywood:

PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (July 27, 2015) – The Dollywood Company’s most anticipated project to date, Dollywood’s DreamMore ResortTM, opens its doors Monday, July 27, creating a new chapter in the famed company’s 30-year history.

Fittingly, Dolly Parton’s dream of adding a resort to the fun and excitement of her Smoky Mountain theme park offerings comes true during Dollywood’s 30th anniversary season.

“Seeing DreamMore Resort open really is a dream come true for me,” Parton said. “It brings me back to when my whole family would get together on the front porch catching up and swapping stories. I want families to spend the day experiencing the fun of our parks, then come to this beautiful resort to spend time together making even more family memories!”

“Everyone at The Dollywood Company has greatly anticipated our opening day since this project was announced in August 2013,” said Kevin Osborn, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort’s general manager. “Countless people have put so much heart and effort in to this beautiful resort; to see it standing and ready to welcome visitors fills us all with an amazing feeling of accomplishment. We’re ready to help our guests make family memories they’ll share for a lifetime.”

Thanks to unique Dollywood park privileges—including free transportation to both Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country, front-of-the-line access at Dollywood with a free TimeSaver pass for each guest, early Saturday entrance for guests at Dollywood, and much more—Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort is the ideal location for guests seeking a fun-filled Smoky Mountains vacation destination.

The spectacular guest arrival experience includes an impressive fountain inspired by Parton’s Dream More book and a stately porte-cochère that offers a hint of the beauty visitors find inside. Families then are greeted by the resort doorman who is ready to entertain and delight the property’s newest guests. Upon entering the magnificent lobby, guests are welcomed with an unparalleled view of the Great Smoky Mountains through the resort’s extraordinary three-story-tall picture windows. The ceilings are painted a warm blue that perfectly suits the atmosphere guests of Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort enjoy throughout their stay.

The resort closely mirrors the experience found at Dollywood, the three-time winner of Amusement Today’s World’s Friendliest Theme Park. Live entertainment offerings throughout the year allow visitors to enjoy quality programming during their stay, while Song & Hearth, the resort’s farmhouse-inspired restaurant, provides delectable home-style dishes served up with a side of Southern hospitality for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Guests are encouraged to spend time laughing and creating memories in this welcoming family environment. Through unique amenities like storytelling spots, kid’s play areas, an event lawn and porches lined with rocking chairs, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort becomes the perfect setting for truly connecting with loved ones. Premium facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, landscaped gardens, and spa offer fun for every member of the family. Beautiful meeting space for groups, special events and family reunions adds another unique facet to this amazing facility.

Additionally, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort’s close proximity to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in the country, allows guests the opportunity to explore the park’s beauty via its plentiful hiking and biking trails, auto tours, wildlife viewing areas and educational programs.

For reservations at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort or to find more information about all of the family-friendly resort amenities, visit http://www.dollywoodsdreammore.com or call 1-800-DOLLYWOOD.
unnamed.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby glouthan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Looking really nice! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Roller coasters are my passion. It's what I do, it's who I am.

Check out my roller coaster blog: www.journeythroughcoasters.com Trip Reports! Ride Reviews! News Updates! and more...

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Looks like Dollywood has blown away expectations once again! DreamMore looks even better than Universal's recent resorts in my opinion.

I hope the high rates don't keep the guests away as I've seen a ton of complaints about the rates on their Facebook page. I hope to visit the resort next season when I'm down there to ride the new RMC.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:22 pm

DreamMore is no more expensive than other nice hotels in the area.. Sure it cost more than the Best Western, Motel 6 and those type in the area.. But its on par with the other nicer hotels

I guess people expect it to be Motel 6 price ha-ha

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastercrazi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 pm

This resort looks amazing :lover:
Crazi :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Looks nice, but as an adult I'd much rather prefer one of the area's phenomenal secluded cabins. I guess I could see staying here if you're just dropping in the area for a night or two, but other than that the cabins would be hard to pass up.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Being local to the area I never stay in hotels either.. I might do wilderness of the smokies during the winter just for the water park but thats it..(Their $99 specials are always the cure for winter blues) Now cabins on the other hand my friends and I have rented them several times!! We love all pitching in and getting a 4 or 5 bedroom cabin with a pool table and hot tub!!

So I agree, I'd probably never stay at DreamMore but I love Dollywood cabins (or other cabins in the area)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!