TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I will tell you that it will be either called Bloodshed or Cornstalkers. It is going to be very good, trust in Dorney.

I think CornStalkers would be a better name but i would like to see something else of a name that explains the haunt is cornstalkers and bloodshed. maybe "(something) Farms"? or maybe "Bloodshed Farm", "Massacre Farms"?

I will tell you that it will be either called Bloodshed or Cornstalkers. It is going to be very good, trust in Dorney.

I think CornStalkers would be a better name but i would like to see something else of a name that explains the haunt is cornstalkers and bloodshed. maybe "(something) Farms"? or maybe "Bloodshed Farm", "Massacre Farms"?

i was thinking of something like Blood Stalkers.

Also a guy I know talked to Brad Marcy today and told him if they are going to get a new attraction next year, I was told he said he hasn't discussed it yet and to stay posted. I guess he hasn't told much people yet, but at least we know that we are getting something.

Also a guy I know talked to Brad Marcy today and told him if they are going to get a new attraction next year, I was told he said he hasn't discussed it yet and to stay posted. I guess he hasn't told much people yet, but at least we know that we are getting something.

screamscape posted a rumor that we are getting a big new coaster next year. and the "evidence" he posted was the markings that are in place for the new haunt building.

Does anyone know how many new haunts Dorney Park is getting this year? So far, there's the new Blood Shed or whatever it is down by the former go-kart area, the new one by old parking lot and Steel Force, and something new going in Grave Walkers area. Anything else?

Does anyone know how many new haunts Dorney Park is getting this year? So far, there's the new Blood Shed or whatever it is down by the former go-kart area, the new one by old parking lot and Steel Force, and something new going in Grave Walkers area. Anything else?

Heard they are expanding Boo Blast but also completely redoing it. Making it more towards Peanuts and the Gang. If all that counts.

But what's happening with Grave Walkers? Is it being replaced with something else? What was with the land clearing behind Revolution? I could care less about the kiddie stuff because I'm a 41 year old adult, I live at home with my mom, brother, my mom's man friend of 21 years (my father passed March 8, 1986) because I have mild autism and don't drive. I care more about the nighttime attractions for the older crowd. So, it seems that the new Blood Shed, new haunt building by Steel Force and parking lot, and whatever goes in Grave Walkers area is basically it for the new additions for Haunt VIII? But we minus two attractions with the elimination of the old Cornstalkers and Blood Shed locations. It seems that nothing else is being changed or removed this year, Mansion House Hotel, Desolation, Chamber of Horrors, Blackout, Asylum, Head Hunters, and CarnEVIL are all returning this year. Check out this page for haunt updates.http://websta.me/n/dphaunt

screamscape posted a rumor that we are getting a big new coaster next year. and the "evidence" he posted was the markings that are in place for the new haunt building.

does a used togo standup count?

i love the idea of the combining of cornstalkers and bloodshed because those two mazes were basically the same thing with the same farm feel so it mad sense for them to decide this. I just cant wait to see how the layout will be and how the combination will turn out.

For what i know, gravewalkers should be returning. there is no land clearing going on back there. last saturday the park was so busy they had to park cars back in where gravewalkers is. Gravewalkers should be returning for haunt this fall.

Why is the park so much busier on Saturdays? And sometimes Sundays, too? Is it because more people have off from work on the weekends? It was either Sat or Sun this past weekend there were South Whitehall police cars in the middle of Hamilton with orange cones blocking the left turn lane onto Lincoln Ave. heading east. They didn't want anyone turning left at the light, they were directing traffic to the loop to return west on Hamilton to Lincoln. Apparently they were doing this to funnel DP bound traffic. Overflow lot on the opposite side of Lincoln from the main lot was full. We were driving east on Hamilton past the park in the late morning. About Grave Walkers, I read a post on here that it was being replaced, unless that person didn't know if it was staying or not.

I do not have good experiences with stand-up roller coasters. I've ridden Green Lantern at Great Adventure twice, and that's two times too many. They are just painful pieces of crap.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago but...

I agree with you for the most part-- last year I rode a bunch of new-to-me stand-ups. I hated Green Lantern and Apocalypse and was at least glad I got a chance to ride Mantis before the floorless train makeover but won't miss it too much. However, I did like Riddler's Revenge last year and really enjoyed Georgia Scorcher many moons ago. As someone whose former home park was KD, I wouldn't wish Shockwave on my worst enemy though.

819264774_07-22-15DorneyXmasinJuly.jpg.d9b9469606b4bc7504272f338e882021.jpg

Dorney Park Hosts Toy Drive During Christmas in July Weekend Celebration

Allentown, PA (July 22, 2015) Dorney Park will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for the U.S. Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program this weekend during an inaugural Christmas in July celebration. Guests making a toy donation Saturday or Sunday, July 25-26 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm will receive a savings coupon valid for up to $15 off their gate admission ticket on the day of their donation. Toys will be used this holiday season to provide Christmas gifts to children from the Lehigh Valley in need.

In addition to the toy drive, an All You Can Eat Christmas Dinner meal will be held from Noon-4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, featuring holiday favorites as well as cookie decorating demonstrations from culinary chefs interning with the park for the summer. Guests purchasing the meal will also receive a limited edition ugly sweater t-shirt as a part of their package, while supplies last.

Making a special appearance for the weekend will be Snoopy Santa, who will be available at select times for Pictures with Santa in the Old Time Photo location at the park, as well as a special Breakfast with Snoopy Santa meal being offered exclusively to Season Passholders Sunday morning.

Christmas in July festivities kick off Saturday morning with a Christmas in July 5K, hosted at the park in partnership with local running company Run Lehigh Valley. Runners can register online through July 23 or on the day of the race and receive park admission, free parking, extra ride time and a t-shirt for participating.

Additional details about this weekend and ticket information can be found at http://www.dorneypark.com/christmas.

Edited by cfc

Do you know which way the haunt building is going to face? If it's on the north side of Steel Force by the old tiered parking lot will the front of the building where the entrance is face toward Steel Force's station? They're going to have to remove some of the fence near the Steel Force photo building to provide access to the haunt building and build concrete pathway to it. So the building will be horizontal with Steel Force, that is the longer part will be in line with Steel Force? I thought originally that they were building the new haunt building behind where Grave Walkers is in the empty grassy area, I was wrong. Maybe in the future they can build an additional haunt building back there or where Grave Walkers normally is and retire Grave Walkers.

But that is where the park boundary is. Outside the black fence near Steel Force is outside the park. To the right of the Steel Force Photos building is a gate leading out to the road and parking lot. They could remove a section of fence just north of Steel Force all there is is a bench there. If you look on Google Maps Street View inside the park, but the images are a few years old.

I'm building Dorney Park in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, I actually started it a few years ago but hadn't worked on it in a while. I'm building the Haunt attractions in it, too, here is a shot in RCT3 of what the new haunt building might look like with a banner sign advertising it. It would make more sense to have the front of the haunt building facing toward the Steel Force midway/Steel Force Photos. There are rumors it might be themed to a creepy mansion house inhabited by witches. Cedar Point added a new indoor haunt last year at the front of the park called Hexed, which is a haunted house themed to witches.

11782335_10206062429256423_6736192908731726614_o.jpg