Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby rwk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 am

Why is the park so much busier on Saturdays? And sometimes Sundays, too? Is it because more people have off from work on the weekends? It was either Sat or Sun this past weekend there were South Whitehall police cars in the middle of Hamilton with orange cones blocking the left turn lane onto Lincoln Ave. heading east. They didn't want anyone turning left at the light, they were directing traffic to the loop to return west on Hamilton to Lincoln. Apparently they were doing this to funnel DP bound traffic. Overflow lot on the opposite side of Lincoln from the main lot was full. We were driving east on Hamilton past the park in the late morning. About Grave Walkers, I read a post on here that it was being replaced, unless that person didn't know if it was staying or not.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:59 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:I do not have good experiences with stand-up roller coasters. I've ridden Green Lantern at Great Adventure twice, and that's two times too many. They are just painful pieces of crap.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago but...
I agree with you for the most part-- last year I rode a bunch of new-to-me stand-ups. I hated Green Lantern and Apocalypse and was at least glad I got a chance to ride Mantis before the floorless train makeover but won't miss it too much. However, I did like Riddler's Revenge last year and really enjoyed Georgia Scorcher many moons ago. As someone whose former home park was KD, I wouldn't wish Shockwave on my worst enemy though.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 pm

07-22-15 Dorney Xmas in July.jpg

Dorney Park Hosts Toy Drive During Christmas in July Weekend Celebration

Allentown, PA (July 22, 2015) Dorney Park will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for the U.S. Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program this weekend during an inaugural Christmas in July celebration. Guests making a toy donation Saturday or Sunday, July 25-26 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm will receive a savings coupon valid for up to $15 off their gate admission ticket on the day of their donation. Toys will be used this holiday season to provide Christmas gifts to children from the Lehigh Valley in need.

In addition to the toy drive, an All You Can Eat Christmas Dinner meal will be held from Noon-4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, featuring holiday favorites as well as cookie decorating demonstrations from culinary chefs interning with the park for the summer. Guests purchasing the meal will also receive a limited edition ugly sweater t-shirt as a part of their package, while supplies last.

Making a special appearance for the weekend will be Snoopy Santa, who will be available at select times for Pictures with Santa in the Old Time Photo location at the park, as well as a special Breakfast with Snoopy Santa meal being offered exclusively to Season Passholders Sunday morning.

Christmas in July festivities kick off Saturday morning with a Christmas in July 5K, hosted at the park in partnership with local running company Run Lehigh Valley. Runners can register online through July 23 or on the day of the race and receive park admission, free parking, extra ride time and a t-shirt for participating.

Additional details about this weekend and ticket information can be found at http://www.dorneypark.com/christmas.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 pm.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am

Starting the construction on the new haunt attraction.
20150723_114159.jpg
20150723_113949.jpg
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Postby rwk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Do you know which way the haunt building is going to face? If it's on the north side of Steel Force by the old tiered parking lot will the front of the building where the entrance is face toward Steel Force's station? They're going to have to remove some of the fence near the Steel Force photo building to provide access to the haunt building and build concrete pathway to it. So the building will be horizontal with Steel Force, that is the longer part will be in line with Steel Force? I thought originally that they were building the new haunt building behind where Grave Walkers is in the empty grassy area, I was wrong. Maybe in the future they can build an additional haunt building back there or where Grave Walkers normally is and retire Grave Walkers.

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Not really sure how the building will be built. From the looks of it, the entrance maybe facing the lot. If it were to face inside the park, they would need to remove fencing and vending machines.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dorney1999 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 pm

i hope the building is as big as the eden musee one at cedar point but i dont think there is that much room. And i also hope they arent going with the way valleyfair has built their new haunt building with bricks because that looks ugly

Postby rwk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 pm

But that is where the park boundary is. Outside the black fence near Steel Force is outside the park. To the right of the Steel Force Photos building is a gate leading out to the road and parking lot. They could remove a section of fence just north of Steel Force all there is is a bench there. If you look on Google Maps Street View inside the park, but the images are a few years old.

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:26 pm

i was thinking that they may have the entrance facing the opposite way, towards steel force first drop, and having the queue line go under steel force. its hard to tell with limited room over there.

Postby rwk » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm building Dorney Park in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, I actually started it a few years ago but hadn't worked on it in a while. I'm building the Haunt attractions in it, too, here is a shot in RCT3 of what the new haunt building might look like with a banner sign advertising it. It would make more sense to have the front of the haunt building facing toward the Steel Force midway/Steel Force Photos. There are rumors it might be themed to a creepy mansion house inhabited by witches. Cedar Point added a new indoor haunt last year at the front of the park called Hexed, which is a haunted house themed to witches.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!