SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Tonight Theme Park Review was invited to attend the first night of SeaWorld Orlando's 2015 run of Summer Nights. This year's event features the return of the Shamu's Celebration: Light Up the Night show and extended park hours, coupled with the introduction of a new weekend Summer Concert Series featuring different musical acts each weekend. All of this is included in normal park admission to enjoy in addition to all year round offerings at the park.
001.JPG
Our evening at Summer Nights began with a concert by Trick Pony in the Nautilus Theater, previous home of the recently-closed A'Lure: Call of the Ocean show.
002.JPG
Trick Pony is a country band who rose to billboard success in the 90's but has been touring ever since.
003.JPG
They put on quite a good show!
004.JPG
Even if you're not a country fan, the concerts are worth checking out since they are included in general park admission.
005.JPG
A fun show to see!
006.JPG
It is nice to see the Nautilus Theater in use again!
007.JPG
Next week's acts...
008.JPG
We visited Shamu over at the Killer Whale viewing area behind Shamu Stadium.
009.JPG
The former games area has been demolished to make way for a new pretzel eatery set to debut later this year.
010.JPG
The Pretzel Bacon Fury from Busch Gardens Tampa is expected to be offered here as well!
011.JPG
The Pearl Divers are back at The Waterfront after being previously laid off in a round of budget cuts.
012.JPG
It is great to see this space being put to its intended use.
013.JPG
Passholders can enjoy "Happy Hour" discounts on alcoholic beverages at The Sandbar, Sharks Underwater Grill and the Terrace BBQ.
014.JPG
We had to indulge.
015.JPG
Since we're already here...
016.JPG
Let's check out some penguins!
017.JPG
As the sun began to set and the rain slowed to a near-stop...
018.JPG
A huge rainbow began to appear...
019.JPG
And shortly after, the full rainbow (along with second larger rainbow above it.
020.JPG
Shamu's Celebration: Light Up the Night features a DJ hyping the show along as it goes.
021.JPG
Pretty!
022.JPG
Get ready for some Killer Whale photos!
023.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
026.JPG
027.JPG
028.JPG
The show concludes with some fantastic fireworks.
029.JPG
Well worth the wait!
030.JPG
Come by and check out Summer Nights at SeaWorld Orlando when you get a chance--you'll have a great time!
031.JPG
Special thanks to SeaWorld for allowing us to join for another fantastic night at the park! We'll definitely be revisiting Summer Nights before it is over (and you should too)!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:38 am

When they say "summer 2016" for Mako can anyone give an idea of when it may open? I'm planning to visit Florida late April and would be devastated to see it almost ready but being unable to ride it. Same with Cobras Curse.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:36 am

When they say summer, sometimes they mean Memorial Day weekend as that's kind of the beginning of the summer season for theme parks. Or it could actually mean the season of summer, which would mean June. So for Mako, I'm expecting late May to possibly early July. As for Cobra's Curse, they haven't given a timeframe at all besides 2016. I doubt it will be open by April. I've heard they're hoping to have it ready for Memorial Day weekend, but are just a little shy to give too specific of a time after the whole Falcon's Fury delay of opening.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:20 am

Well judging off Manta, Antarctica and Kraken, since B&M's go up pretty quick and also since this is B&M, I doubt their will be many problems delaying this coaster. I'd say that the end of May(20th-31st) is a safe bet for when the coaster will be open. They've even already begun work on the area with clearings and stuff like that.
Last edited by colinx on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:57 am.

Postby snoflake15 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:51 am

^ and ^^ thanks although not the answer I was hoping for. I fear I may just miss out on both. :?r

Postby rcrider4 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah, pretty much every major ride in the SeaWorld/Busch family (except for those that faced delays like FF) opened the Friday before Memorial Day, except for Kraken, which opened the Friday after Memorial Day. So if all goes well, expect it to be open May 27th. That's my best guess at least.

Postby snoflake15 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:52 pm

^ did any of those rides have soft openings earlier than that?

Postby rcrider4 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:55 am

Manta had about 3 weeks of soft opens for a couple hours a day. Cheetah Hunt didn't have any non-media/employee soft opens, so the general public had to wait until opening day for that (well actually, more of the day after opening day, as it was down for almost the entire day it opened). So still don't expect it to be open in April, but there might be a soft open early to mid-May.

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:07 am

^thanks again. Will hold off the trips there as late as possible and hope for the best!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 am

The summer nights even looks great, I wish they would release the artists who are performing more than a week in advance. Also, I wonder why they chose to use the Nautilus instead of Bayside Stadium for the concerts this year?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!