Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

P. 27 - Nagashima Spaland & The Lockup!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 am

So today we kind of took it easy. Made a quick trip over to LaQua to do some research, wander around the mall there and play some games. Then wandered over to Shinjuku to see Godzilla. Really today was just one of those "hang out" days, but it was totally fun!

We are live tweeting from Japan! Follow us on Twitter @themeparkreview - http://www.twitter.com/themeparkreview
LaQua_day_01.jpg
Our morning started out at rush hour on the trains. It's just a sea of people coming out of the station for like the next hour!
LaQua_day_02.jpg
Crazy packed trains. Used to it, though. And it's always fascinating just watching how Tokyo's rail and subway system works so efficiently with so many people!
LaQua_day_03.jpg
I love being in a place where Animal Crossing exists in daily pop culture!
LaQua_day_04.jpg
And speaking of Animal Crossing, getting 10 street passes at a time in a common regular occurrence when carrying your Nintendo 3DS around Japan!
LaQua_day_05.jpg
Yay! We made it!
LaQua_day_06.jpg
Took a ride on Thunder Dolphin today. Had more fun on the ride today than I last remembered, but it's still my least favorite of the Intamin hyper coasters.
LaQua_day_07.jpg
Not sure if it's because when I first rode it in 2004, it wasn't that long after riding Expedition GeForce, Supermans, Goliath, Millennium Force, etc, and this one isn't as good as those...
LaQua_day_08.jpg
...or if I've just been on so many lackluster and boring B&M hypers since then that going back on Thunder Dolphin made me appreciate that while it's not the best Intamin hyper, at least it's not a forceless B&M hyper! ;)
LaQua_day_09.jpg
Ride is fun. It certainly holds its speed the whole time, but that whole funky trick track pointless bit is just one of the most anti-climactic endings of a coaster ever.
LaQua_day_10.jpg
Love this view!
LaQua_day_11.jpg
Random robot just hanging out at LaQua!
LaQua_day_12.jpg
Hello Thunder Dolphin! You're better than I remembered, but still not as amazing as an Intamin hyper should be.
LaQua_day_13.jpg
Oh, Japan your ability to create new weird plush characters based on food is always entertaining to me!
LaQua_day_14.jpg
Story time! Moments after this picture was taken, a Japanese staff member came over with her tambourine congratulating Kristen on her win. She said a bunch of Japanese stuff that I'm sure translated into "OMG! You are so cute! If I could give you free stuff I would, but I can't, so instead I'll open up this other machine filled with Frozen buttons and I can place them in such a way that you will immediately win them." Which she did. She opened the machine, asked Kristen what we favorite characters were, places those buttons near the edge, Kristen put in a coin, knocked four buttons into the hole and the tambourine girl erupts with excitement again!!!
I love Japan!
LaQua_day_15.jpg
Um, so apparently this is some sort of weird video game where the controller is a bunch of sand?!??! How long would this even last in America???
LaQua_day_16.jpg
Never get tired of rows and rows of capsule machines.
LaQua_day_17.jpg
Having a delicious pre-lunch snack! Yakisoba noodles and some sort of charred animal flesh! Yum!
LaQua_day_18.jpg
At this restaurant at Tokyo Dome City (Where the big Tokyo Baseball stadium is) they have gyoza buns in the shape of baseballs! Amazeballs!
LaQua_day_19.jpg
I love that the Japanese do Chinese food better than the Chinese! lol That fried rice was sooooo good!
LaQua_day_20.jpg
While Japan actually does have some VERY good pizza, this is not one of them!
LaQua_day_21.jpg
Neither is this!
LaQua_day_22.jpg
Took a trip to Shinjuku. One of my favorite places to hang out at in Tokyo. Been here many times and I feel like I have not even scratched the surface of the random fun stuff you can find here!
LaQua_day_23.jpg
Nothing but awesome Japanese stuff as far as you can see.
LaQua_day_24.jpg
LOL! There is some sort of demon here! Why? Who cares! It's Japan! They are allowed to have random demons on buildings!
LaQua_day_25.jpg
Ahh, we are almost at our destination...
LaQua_day_26.jpg
GODZILLA!
LaQua_day_27.jpg
Yes, they constructed this Godzilla head, and at the hotel you can even get "Godzilla view themed rooms."
LaQua_day_28.jpg
The Taito Game Station is still one of my favorite arcades in Tokyo. 5 floors of awesome stuff!
LaQua_day_29.jpg
Gotta win this "Super Mario clock" at some point...
LaQua_day_30.jpg
If you are into anime, the claw machines here and TONS of stuff you can win.
LaQua_day_31.jpg
Lots of pachinko here...
LaQua_day_32.jpg
All of these machines look amazing I just wish I knew how to play them!
LaQua_day_33.jpg
This dude is drawing something??!?!
LaQua_day_37.jpg
Ok, I was totally blown away with the Tsum Tsums arcade game! I didn't even know this existed!
LaQua_day_34.jpg
First you buy a Tsum Tsum mini character from the capsule machine...
LaQua_day_35.jpg
You place the character on the machine like you would in Skylanders and your character appears on the screen.
LaQua_day_41.jpg
Yay! There's our new Tsum Tsum in the game!
LaQua_day_36.jpg
With this Tsum Tsums card, it saves all your data so you can take your character with you to another machine and either level up your character or play battle mode against someone else.
LaQua_day_42.jpg
And then you play the game very similar to how it is on the iPad! A few new extra feature are included.
LaQua_day_38.jpg
And if you're not into Tsum Tsums, you can go to another random claw machine and win these mini-sausage looking things! Just so random!
LaQua_day_39.jpg
This arcade is one of those that has a "girls only" floor so girls can escape their horrible men on double dates!
LaQua_day_40.jpg
Here is an exclusive peek into the "girls only" floor! I know you all want to go, right men? =)

More random Japan tomorrow!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 pm.

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:17 am

To hell with Infinity, I want the Tsum Tsum game! Godzilla is awesome! Japan is awesome! My life sucks! Carry on.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shortbusdiver » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 am

Loving the updates and all the fun of Japan! :) Looking like a great adventure so far!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:56 am

Killer reports. If someone explained the Kidzania concept to me, I might say "meh", but the execution is obviously brilliant. Very very cool franchise. And to be a big kid commuting around Japan again! Awesome.
Shameless Plug!
One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2018!
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Midway State Park
Next Park: La Ronde
Final 2018 Park Count: 101
Running 2019 Park Count: 104

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 am

This looks like a Japanese version of a Scottish Egg.

Works for me!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:35 am

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time. It's cool to see all these random, awesome parts of Tokyo/Japan.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 am

CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO JAPAN!

Kids are so lucky these days, back in the day I would settle down a couple of years for RCT3 :p

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Kidzania looks incredible.
I have a trip to London planned end of August with my 12 year old daughter and just had a look with her at the Kidzania website.
And although we had already a lot of things planned to do in London, we just adjusted our schedule and will visit Kidzania the day of our arrival in London :b
Thank you so much for finding and sharing Kidzania.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby XII » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Nice Report. Japan seems awesome as usual, keep up the good work. =)
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby markysharky17 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Hey everyone that is talking about the Kidsmania place. There was a thing just like it in South Florida called Wanna-Do-City at the SawGrass Mall. When I used to live in Boca Raton I used to go a few times a year and it was awesome. The place sadly closed down a few years ago. I had a lot of good memories there growing up...
Coaster Count #188 Last coaster was Mako
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Maverick 5. Superman The Ride 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. StormRunner 9. Kinda Ka 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Manta (SWO) 12. Goliath (SFOG) 13. Montu 14. The Beast 15. Mako 16. Intimidator 17. Banshee
RMC+B&M+INTAMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!