Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Day 10/11 - Last days of Disney before going home
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: viking86 returns to Orlando

Postby viking86 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 am

After getting some food and a little rest back at the resort I headed once again up to Magic Kingdom to meet up with Robb and Tom, for what would become another incredible night at Magic Kingdom. Hightlights of the night would include getting to see Space Mountain with lights on, getting stuck on Peoplemover and meeting a lot of girls!!!
5025.jpg
Back at Magic Kingdom for the evening!
5026.jpg
Compulsory Main Street/Castle shot.
5027.jpg
What do you do when you have an hour to spare while waiting for the other people to arrive? Lay down on the grass of course...
5028.jpg
Grass, castle and sunset. Does it get any better??
5029.jpg
As it got closer to 8 PM they closed off the grass to prepare it for firework FP+ viewing area.
5030.jpg
The view towards Tomorrowland at sunset.
5032.jpg
Our original plan was to start using our fastpass on Space Mountain, but as it was broken down we quickly moved over to ride Peoplemover and got some great views of Space Mountain with lights on.
5033.jpg
Credit goes to Robb for all the Space Mountain pictures as mine turned out as complete crap!
5034.jpg
You don’t get this view too often.
5035.jpg
Such a giant mess of steel!
5036.jpg
Since we got on Peoplemover to look at broken-down Space Mountain, it was only fitting that Peoplemover broke down right after. Tom and Robb are very happy to be stuck...
5037.jpg
...and so was I
5038.jpg
When you’re stuck on Peoplemover there isn’t really a whole lot to do. You can take pictures of random trash...
5039.jpg
...or you can start a 30 minute live stream on Periscope.
5040.jpg
Alexa (??) became the star of the live stream.
5041.jpg
Eventually we got evacuated. I don’t remember for how long we were stuck, but it must have been a good 30-40 minutes.
5042.jpg
But we did get an extra fastpass for our suffering...
5043.jpg
At this point I think we did a night ride on Big Thunder Mountain (this is a must for anyone, it’s crazy at night) before we watched Wishes from Fantasyland, which is a great place to watch the fireworks. Low crowd level, fireworks on two sides and overall really close to the action.
5044.jpg
Wishes blah blah blah...
5044_1.jpg
I cannot remember at what point during the evening we rode Barnstormer, so I thought this would be a fitting place to throw in this picture. As you can see I am very excited to ride! Tom also looks fairly happy to be on a Vekoma kiddie coaster.
5045.jpg
Then it was time for me and Robb to play armored knights in Enchanted Tales with Belle. (thanks to Tom for providing the pictures)
5046.jpg
Don’t I look handsome in my shining armor??
5047.jpg
Somewhere in this picture there is an adult male...
5048.jpg
WOW!!!
5049.jpg
Belle was very impressed by her knight in shining armor.
5050.jpg
Oh yes, definitely impressed!
5051.jpg
Happy boys!
5052.jpg
“So Elsa, you wouldn’t happen to have anything to do with the fact that it was snowing back home this morning?”

Elsa says no, but she’s clearly looking away so I’m not so sure...
5053.jpg
“See Elsa, I bought the summer magic band. Summer is good, okay? No more snow please.
5054.jpg
“Oh what the hell! I don’t care if you made it snow back home, I still love you Elsa!!!”
5055.jpg
Meeting Anna is always a lot of fun!!
5056.jpg
Time to head under the sea! Not quite sure what Ariel has been taking here, but judging by her face she has definitely taken enough of it... (again thanks to Robb for providing the pictures from this ride)
5057.jpg
Same with these fishes, they are just way too happy...
5058.jpg
Yup, it’s obvious that life under the sea is just one big party!!
5059.jpg
Ariel seems to be enjoying this!
5060.jpg
Who doesn’t love a close encounter with a real half-naked Ariel?
5061.jpg
Big thanks to Stacey (hope I got the name correct) for hanging out with us during the evening and joining us for a ride on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
5061_2.jpg
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!
5061_3.jpg
Hi hoooooooooooooo!
5062.jpg
This ride is so much fun!
5063.jpg
This ride is so much fun! (didn’t I just say that??)
5064.jpg
And we once again say good night to Magic Kingdom after a truly wonderful and magical evening! After meeting so many girls I was totally exhausted and needed to relax by doing both Universal parks the following day....

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Getting caught up on the most recent updates. Such a fun time!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Mon May 25, 2015 1:23 pm

You accused me of being bad for seeing Belle behind Elsa's back and you not only go see Belle but Ariel as well! Victory is so now mine haha.

Great updates though does make me think I should win the lottery so I can go back to Disney!

Postby viking86 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 pm

StealthFan wrote:You accused me of being bad for seeing Belle behind Elsa's back and you not only go see Belle but Ariel as well! Victory is so now mine haha.

I know, I feel terrible about it! Must be something in the drinking fountains at Disney that makes all the girls irresistible... be sure though, I will never give up fighting for Elsa. So if you ever thought you could relax, think again!

StealthFan wrote:Great updates though does make me think I should win the lottery so I can go back to Disney!

I'm working very hard on the lottery thing, but for some reason it's not going very well so far...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed May 27, 2015 4:55 am

You should subtitle this section "Viking86 meets all the Lovely Ladies."

Postby viking86 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

cfc wrote:You should subtitle this section "Viking86 meets all the Lovely Ladies."

If so I would rephrase it to "Viking86 meets Elsa.... and some other less important ladies." ;)

But seriously I'm still amazed at how much we did that evening, Robb and Tom didn't arrive until a little after 8 PM and we probably spent close to an hour in total on the Peoplemover.

Postby viking86 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 am

Day 6 - Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios

After seeing so many girls in one evening I was totally exhausted, so what better way to recover than to do both Universal parks on a Saturday. This day was an official Nolimits Exchange meetup (official group picture 11 posts down on this page ).

I took almost no pictures this day, so no full trip report. But I will give a quick summary of how our day was. We met up around 10:00-10:30 AM in Citywalk and headed to IoA first. I’m not going to list everything we did or in correct order, just whatever pops into my mind as I write this.

- Hulk was running okay to me. It is a bit shaky in some spots, but not painful in any way. Many rumors about the ride getting an extensive overhaul, so it will be interesting to see what the future will bring. With the exception of a somewhat weak ending, it has a great and very fun layout! We also got to experience the launch with no sound effects, which was pretty cool as the launch came without warning.
- Got a great view of the new King Kong construction, this thing is going to be massive!
- Skipped the water rides. Didn’t feel like getting soaked...
- Dragon Challenge is incredible. Smooth and extremely intense. Would love to experience dueling on this ride.
- The Harry Potter rides at both parks are cool, but in the end they don’t do that much for me. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the rides even if I’m not a Potter fan, and I love the themed areas at both parks. Still I much prefer Spiderman and Transformers.
- Poseidon’s Fury was pretty fun, hadn’t done this before.

We decided to head out to Citywalk for lunch at the Cowfish. This place was fantastic! Great food, excellent service and at least for a Norwegian the prices were very nice as well.

- Over at Studios we watched the Horror Makeup Show while letting the food sink. Was pretty fun!
- Got a great view of the course for American Ninja Warrior.
- Mummy is still an awesome ride!
- Watched Twister from the control room, that was pretty cool! Also fun to get a close-up watch of all the props revert to their original position.
- We didn’t manage to do Transformers, Men in Black and Rockit as the day was coming to an end and we were getting somewhat tired, but we watched the Cinematic Spectacular nighttime show at Studios, which was pretty cool. No, it’s not on the same level as Disney, but I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty well done. A good ending to a great day!

Overall it was a very good day at Universal. We managed to get a hell of a lot done in a day, and considering I visited the parks last year I wasn’t really bothered about missing out on a few rides.

As previously stated I didn’t really take any pictures, but here are a few random ones just to have something in this report.
6001.jpg
The Incredible Hulk is a visually stunning rollercoaster!
6002.jpg
The new King Kong ride is starting to look fantastic!
6003.jpg
This thing is massive!
6004.jpg
And finally here’s a picture of a T-Rex, just because it’s the bestest, most awesome dinosaur there is!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm

viking86 wrote:and at least for a Norwegian the prices were very nice as well.

This sounds just like my dad whenever he comes home from the states!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri May 29, 2015 1:43 pm

Such a great on going report! And great photos! You all look like you're having a lot of fun! Can't wait to get back down to Orlando!!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby viking86 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm having a blast writing it, and there's plenty of more fun to come!

_koppen wrote:
viking86 wrote:and at least for a Norwegian the prices were very nice as well.

This sounds just like my dad whenever he comes home from the states!

When you live in one of the most expensive countries in the world it almost doesn't matter where you go, you're almost guaranteed it will be cheaper... ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!