TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

There was no update on opening for JLBFM in the email update from Six Flags today.

That really surprised me, are we sure media day is still on for tomorrow? It seems like they really don't want to commit to anything.

I would be screaming an opening day to any one that would listen.

There was no update on opening for JLBFM in the email update from Six Flags today.

That really surprised me, are we sure media day is still on for tomorrow? It seems like they really don't want to commit to anything.

I would be screaming an opening day to any one that would listen.

Yes, I've seen on multiple news channels that coverage starts at 4 AM. Also, Sally has posted a picture of the podium on a small stage in front of the ride. For another treat, the ride should be open Sunday for park goers as the tweet below it confirms.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432771906.223482.thumb.jpg.4ac299a7bfe4b3c149fae6bed0a23aca.jpg

Six Flags app confirms ride will open June 5.

I've seen reports from media day saying that the ride is awesome but is still working out little glitches, so I'm glad they're taking extra time to work on them.

My god, this chain has absolutely NO INTEREST in planting trees or providing shade for guests in any of its new installations.

It's almost like they do it on purpose.

Like TNT said, there isn't any room near the ride that could fit trees except for where they are already planted.

Also, this plaza and Studio Backlot are the only areas in the park that lack shade. The rest of the park has decent amounts of it.

My god, this chain has absolutely NO INTEREST in planting trees or providing shade for guests in any of its new installations.

It's almost like they do it on purpose.

What are you talking about? SFSTL has plenty of shade.

News flash: Out door activities result in moderate sun exposure. I recommend 50 proof if you're that sensitive to the sun.

Well I just got back from Six Flags St. Louis Media Day for Justice League Battle for Metropolis.

You can tell that Six Flag's St.Louis has seriously upped their game for creating a state-of-the-art 4D dark ride. Six Flags has partnered with Sally Corporation, they designed the complete experience of the ride. Pure Imagination are the geniuses behind the Computer Generated Imagery. Alterface are the ones behind the interactive game play. And finally Oceaneering is what tied this ride together. I truly believe if they did not have a part in JLBFM, it would not be the ride it is.

You start by taking a stroll through Centennial Park which is on the left side of Hall of Justice. As you enter Hall of Justice the first thing you notice is the air conditioning! You will truly appreciate it because in St. Louis we have and hot humid summers that have excess temps of 100+ degrees!.. as you approach the end queue line you will notice Cyborg the life-size realistic looking animatronic that is basically explaining what is going on for the story of the ride. His job is to recruit you to help save the Justice League from The Joker and Lex Luthor.

As you board your six passenger car you will notice that the ride does not stop at all. The cars continuously load and unload while slowly moving. This will defiantly will help moving the line as fast as possible. Get those 3D glasses on right now!

Now as the ride begins you get a shot of "laughing gas" and then are you finally whisked away to the first scene of the ride. It’s on a very large screen and which has lots of action going on. Joker is standing on top of a monster truck, Joker’s crew is in the orange jumpsuits and are throwing all different sorts of weapons at you. Superman captures The Joker, and right away Lex Luthor comes and takes out Superman and immediately takes Superman to LexCorp Headquarters. On to the next scene…

The next scene begins as you enter a set of automatic sliding doors. Your car approaches animatronic of The Joker sitting on an a.t.v. He then moves forward and shoots another blast of “laughing gas” at you. Now your car slides down a portion of the track and then spins sideways and you get a small flash fireball directly in front of your car. As you come around the corner you have a classic old school dark ride part… the front of a van as it honking its horn while flashing the headlights while moving directly toward your car. This is the end this scene. I’m calling all of this part the second scene.

When the next scene starts you are in front another large video screen. On this scene it has you placed at LexCorp. You have Cyborg telling you to “watch his back” as he tries to dismantle the security panel. Then almost out of nowhere Batman arrives in the Batmobile as Cyborg was able to dismantle the security panel and gain access to LexCorp. End of this scene…

As you enter LexCorp you are immediately confronted by Lex Luthor and he has now warned you about joining forces with the Justice League. He urges you to surrender or face his full force. Now as your car begins to go through LexCorp he has a rack of falling drums of full of flammable liquids that feel like they will fall onto the side of your car. As your car moves on down the track you come onto another scene on the large video screen. Now you join Cyborg while you help defeat the black spots while the Just League is being rescued!

Now these final two scenes are my favorite and they have the most action and the car has tons of motion on the scenes as well. As you and the Justice League escape from LexCorp you begin chasing The Joker and Lex Luthor throughout Metropolis. My favorite part of the ride is the world’s first-ever virtual loop on a dark ride. You feel like you’re blasting through a loop on a rollercoaster with the way the car moves. Next, as you are exiting the loop you hit a building and spin out of control and fall directly onto the street, and resume chasing Lex Luthor and The Joker down the subway. You are racing down the subway track next to the speeding train as it knocks your car over and it literally feels like your car rolled over with the way the screen and car moves. As your car comes to a crashing stop Lex Luther and The Joker are finally captured and the car now heads to the exit as the ride is now over. But just before you exit the car, you are shown the high scores from your car and where you rank at!

This ride is absolutely amazing. The sound effects on Justice League were absolutely phenomenal. I also thought the volume was perfect. The way the cars move is very impressive. The cars can move 360 degrees. They are very quiet and don’t distract you from the ride at all. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this exact ride pop up at other Six Flags parks in the near future. This ride will be very popular for many years. You can tell that lots of detail and design went into this ride.

Now a few things from what I had heard at the park today. I don’t know if these are 100% true but I will just tell you what I was told. They have the ability to display the scores from the JLBFM at Six Flags Over Texas. Kind of like a compare the scores between the parks as the day goes on. I also heard that they plan having a high score of the month and the resetting the scores each month…kind of cool,…but do you get a special prize for the high score of the month?

I apologize that some of my images are out of order. Justice League Battle for Metropolis opens Friday June 5th.

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.5d05be864e47a84fc434aea47c46b9b7.JPG

Standing directly in front of Hall Of Justice

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.cd375e903f5ef050f518bdf070df15d3.JPG

Cyborg the life-size realistic looking animatronic

DSC_0003.thumb.JPG.3fec6c06e3024dfd7e382e38cd0beee1.JPG

Another shot of Cyborg the life-size realistic looking animatronic

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.63deac9bc328ab41a8f71182387148c9.JPG

The large video screen behind cars at the loading station.

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.41ebdaad886ade250f07ad9a59fc7d5c.JPG

It changes colors...I thought the green looked the best..but that's just me

DSC_0017.thumb.JPG.593cee17147c6acbd0af4d00bb178e26.JPG

Another image that is on the large screen.

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.5b8d217065ba7b46503dd2b2f304bc60.JPG

You can see some of the track that the cars ride on.

DSC_0032.thumb.JPG.3fdea2d74322fc20d816724053690687.JPG

The Joker animatronic . Once again so life-size and realistic looking.

DSC_0033.thumb.JPG.e35902f7a94dcd009af0e20a120f01a2.JPG

The "laughing gas' that The Joker shoots at you.

DSC_0043.thumb.JPG.4a833ead63db57fd6a31bf77cef15965.JPG

A scene when you are with Cyborg trying to break into LexCorp.

DSC_0054.thumb.JPG.f499ccc14a4a84accb62c58913152939.JPG

The rack of drums that are filled with flammable liquids that try to fall on you.

DSC_0067.thumb.JPG.ce95300aa4501ffb6cdca8393084477d.JPG

A few of the many 3D glasses.

DSC_0075.thumb.JPG.7d2e0aee4089aeef2d8af7b967414cf8.JPG

A great photo opportunity with Senior Designer Rich Hill and CEO John Wood from Sally Corporation. These guys are super nice and down to earth!

DSC_0098.thumb.JPG.fe481e540249ea0c3d99af0876b325c2.JPG

The Justice League just before the start of the ceremony.

DSC_0114.thumb.JPG.8b70cb6e968074d0aa15e65aa9e549c7.JPG

Our host for the day Marc!

DSC_0115.thumb.JPG.602e947125fbe400bcb49c531cad1c96.JPG

Local radio and tv stations got to give away "first rider" tickets to Justice League during media day!

DSC_0116.thumb.JPG.3cb217190b44b6fc55d90f762197f118.JPG

Another shot of Cyborg the life-size realistic looking animatronic

DSC_0123.thumb.JPG.09a4cb79865dd5e4c619759b1e6fa2fa.JPG

The Allen-Bradley control panel PLC.

DSC_0129.thumb.JPG.90484c4f3c6ac1e4db34df1e54c5596f.JPG

They have cameras throughout the ride so that they can see everything at all times!

DSC_0132.thumb.JPG.0ccd4f834e18a26f1645d7b2365b0683.JPG

Just some more pictures of the large video screen that is behind the loading station.

DSC_0137.thumb.JPG.b202efd444d7cb7b064c298ae6980b26.JPG

Just some more pictures of the large video screen that is behind the loading station.

DSC_0144.thumb.JPG.d40c1b82a2dd5abe30d2467b4ef0c242.JPG

This photo of The Joker animatronic was from the side of the track. I had special behind the scenes clearance for a few photos. I thought I would share this one.

DSC_0155.thumb.JPG.e3abf2cb1f15465c936808a4b19e1689.JPG

2 extras cars that were sitting behind the scenes.

DSC_0164.thumb.JPG.3d8ceeb31c7a6570d7246af30eb5d5ad.JPG

Make sure you read those ride instructions!

DSC_0169.thumb.JPG.ac7e58d29fc629d8b7f34d9792b1e26a.JPG

The queue line. Did I mention that it has air conditioning?

DSC_0185.thumb.JPG.15dee2d31c1e05d930201b6f35e692a2.JPG

Isn't she beautiful?

DSC_0187.thumb.JPG.5961ac5896bddb28bb6de939f42c4c0e.JPG

Just another image on one of the tv monitors at the loading station explaining what to do on the ride.

DSC_0197.thumb.JPG.6bb635c9b932b1403fd115b1ddf6f229.JPG

Justice League

DSC_0202.thumb.JPG.fe2354677a0f82f83188b9c59db523c6.JPG

The newest member of Justice League...ok I wish!

DSC_0205.thumb.JPG.5de2dd4c56b27d4c7452ac069e057502.JPG

Centennial Park a.k.a the queue line

DSC_0206.thumb.JPG.e1a12e26c3de1b8679f0e2a0ea925c89.JPG

Another shot of Centennial Park a.k.a the queue line

DSC_0210.thumb.JPG.1bf2f8df1abdd06b787e6a8738340209.JPG

Hey keep out! But we'll leave the door open!

DSC_0214.thumb.JPG.f5636c027469ce4f1bd47530c5d6b65d.JPG

Love these! They really stand out on the building!

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.da8d6a08d00d37a13724db790e830d3e.JPG

It looks like real stone!

DSC_0218.thumb.JPG.b3670cfc48e64212e907471dd53eb018.JPG

Some of the management from Six Flags getting a photo with Justice League

DSC_0219.thumb.JPG.728aadd2cb83fc29ab5747bfa8262ed9.JPG

Justice League standing next to Cyborg

DSC_0227.thumb.JPG.cc86b262f4387c067001befe0cb89779.JPG

Another shot of the track.

DSC_0234.thumb.JPG.5bbe909f61b1b34e1f58dc98456ecb42.JPG

Ok inside that open door is the brains for JLBFM. I was able to see all of the computers and networking servers inside the control room. I asked if I could get a photo and they told me that I couldn't. So if you ever see that door open and you're standing near you should be able to see inside the control room. It was neat!

DSC_0239.thumb.JPG.ba862bad9f8ba15ca32e24ed8dd4eb9a.JPG

The loading station as the Media Day is almost over. The building was empty and they were shutting down everything.

DSC_0241.thumb.JPG.e0b0781c5040fc2386a953319ef74d3d.JPG

A great side shot of the car. I thought the cars were very roomy.

DSC_0244.thumb.JPG.6120d031c91efad1adef9e9d6ec90c9f.JPG

Some of the scores from the last riders.

DSC_0260.thumb.JPG.1e912f88fe5390f349de1b13140c896a.JPG

The LED's on the ceiling are changing colors every second. So the cars look a different color every few seconds.

DSC_0279.thumb.JPG.6935e145961ea6802364fcff5f6b3ef3.JPG

I think this guy has had a long day!

DSC_0287.thumb.JPG.96db5f97d50f5cf9db7509063ba27a10.JPG

On this image you can see the track and the wheels of the car.

DSC_0296.thumb.JPG.337c714e7ab25daf4883e354cd15b60a.JPG

Freshened up Justice League store. It looks great!

DSC_0297.thumb.JPG.414f020b47ec7dbc3559543ea1d5f2f6.JPG

The Super Heroes vs Villains store. This is also where the ride will exit through.

Edited by robbalvey

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! I'm so excited that this is at my home park! I cant wait to ride it! I agree that this will most likely land at other parks in the chain very soon. Thank you for the report! Great pics!

I'm currently in line for Transformers at Universal, so unfortunately I do not have much time. I do have just two quick things:

1. SportsDude, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the ride in Texas, and I hope you have a fantastic 2015 season visiting the park. However, please stop repeating the misinformation about the current state of JLBM at SFSL. The park has absolutely nothing to gain from the ride not being open, so the notion of the ride being ready for daily operation and just being shuttered for an extra week isn't factual nor logical. The incredible teams at Sally & the other companies behind the ride have been doing a fantastic job with the attraction. They have been going above and beyond to ensure that the ride can open as soon as possible.

2. Regarding the comment about trees in the park, the park is actually mandated by the state(?) park service to keep a specific number of each species in the park, due to the land it is built on. I'm not sure if you visit the park often or not (as there seems to be a lot of non-visitors making negative assumptions), but the amount of trees isn't really isn't bad at all.

I'm currently in line for Transformers at Universal, so unfortunately I do not have much time. I do have just two quick things:

1. SportsDude, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the ride in Texas, and I hope you have a fantastic 2015 season visiting the park. However, please stop repeating the misinformation about the current state of JLBM at SFSL. The park has absolutely nothing to gain from the ride not being open, so the notion of the ride being ready for daily operation and just being shuttered for an extra week isn't factual nor logical. The incredible teams at Sally & the other companies behind the ride have been doing a fantastic job with the attraction. They have been going above and beyond to ensure that the ride can open as soon as possible.

2. Regarding the comment about trees in the park, the park is actually mandated by the state(?) park service to keep a specific number of each species in the park, due to the land it is built on. I'm not sure if you visit the park often or not (as there seems to be a lot of non-visitors making negative assumptions), but the amount of trees isn't really isn't bad at all.

A-freakin-men!

The ride management team wants this ride to open with as few setbacks as possible. I don't know how many ride shutdowns have taken place in Texas so far, but they really have been ironing out many of the bugs associated with new "dark" rides at that location, which the team in St. Louis is learning from.

And we really don't need more shade at SFSL. Most of the park ground ques and walkways are shaded.

Well I just got back from Six Flags St. Louis Media Day for Justice League Battle for Metropolis.

You can tell that Six Flag's St.Louis has seriously upped their game for creating a state-of-the-art 4D dark ride. Six Flags has partnered with Sally Corporation, they designed the complete experience of the ride. Pure Imagination are the geniuses behind the Computer Generated Imagery. Alterface are the ones behind the interactive game play. And finally Oceaneering is what tied this ride together. I truly believe if they did not have a part in JLBFM, it would not be the ride it is.

You start by taking a stroll through Centennial Park which is on the left side of Hall of Justice. As you enter Hall of Justice the first thing you notice is the air conditioning! You will truly appreciate it because in St. Louis we have and hot humid summers that have excess temps of 100+ degrees!.. as you approach the end queue line you will notice Cyborg the life-size realistic looking animatronic that is basically explaining what is going on for the story of the ride. His job is to recruit you to help save the Justice League from The Joker and Lex Luthor.

As you board your six passenger car you will notice that the ride does not stop at all. The cars continuously load and unload while slowly moving. This will defiantly will help moving the line as fast as possible. Get those 3D glasses on right now!

Now as the ride begins you get a shot of "laughing gas" and then are you finally whisked away to the first scene of the ride. It’s on a very large screen and which has lots of action going on. Joker is standing on top of a monster truck, Joker’s crew is in the orange jumpsuits and are throwing all different sorts of weapons at you. Superman captures The Joker, and right away Lex Luthor comes and takes out Superman and immediately takes Superman to LexCorp Headquarters. On to the next scene…

The next scene begins as you enter a set of automatic sliding doors. Your car approaches animatronic of The Joker sitting on an a.t.v. He then moves forward and shoots another blast of “laughing gas” at you. Now your car slides down a portion of the track and then spins sideways and you get a small flash fireball directly in front of your car. As you come around the corner you have a classic old school dark ride part… the front of a van as it honking its horn while flashing the headlights while moving directly toward your car. This is the end this scene. I’m calling all of this part the second scene.

When the next scene starts you are in front another large video screen. On this scene it has you placed at LexCorp. You have Cyborg telling you to “watch his back” as he tries to dismantle the security panel. Then almost out of nowhere Batman arrives in the Batmobile as Cyborg was able to dismantle the security panel and gain access to LexCorp. End of this scene…

As you enter LexCorp you are immediately confronted by Lex Luthor and he has now warned you about joining forces with the Justice League. He urges you to surrender or face his full force. Now as your car begins to go through LexCorp he has a rack of falling drums of full of flammable liquids that feel like they will fall onto the side of your car. As your car moves on down the track you come onto another scene on the large video screen. Now you join Cyborg while you help defeat the black spots while the Just League is being rescued!

Now these final two scenes are my favorite and they have the most action and the car has tons of motion on the scenes as well. As you and the Justice League escape from LexCorp you begin chasing The Joker and Lex Luthor throughout Metropolis. My favorite part of the ride is the world’s first-ever virtual loop on a dark ride. You feel like you’re blasting through a loop on a rollercoaster with the way the car moves. Next, as you are exiting the loop you hit a building and spin out of control and fall directly onto the street, and resume chasing Lex Luthor and The Joker down the subway. You are racing down the subway track next to the speeding train as it knocks your car over and it literally feels like your car rolled over with the way the screen and car moves. As your car comes to a crashing stop Lex Luther and The Joker are finally captured and the car now heads to the exit as the ride is now over. But just before you exit the car, you are shown the high scores from your car and where you rank at!

This ride is absolutely amazing. The sound effects on Justice League were absolutely phenomenal. I also thought the volume was perfect. The way the cars move is very impressive. The cars can move 360 degrees. They are very quiet and don’t distract you from the ride at all. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this exact ride pop up at other Six Flags parks in the near future. This ride will be very popular for many years. You can tell that lots of detail and design went into this ride.

Now a few things from what I had heard at the park today. I don’t know if these are 100% true but I will just tell you what I was told. They have the ability to display the scores from the JLBFM at Six Flags Over Texas. Kind of like a compare the scores between the parks as the day goes on. I also heard that they plan having a high score of the month and the resetting the scores each month…kind of cool,…but do you get a special prize for the high score of the month?

I apologize that some of my images are out of order. Justice League Battle for Metropolis opens Friday June 5th.

Thank you so much for the preview! I'm pretty jazzed up for the opening of this ride.

thumb_dsc_0218_13.jpg.a65e6fda8c10b949c13e64f74360f297.jpg

The gentleman on the far left, I forgot his name. (Sorry.) He spent a good 10 minutes talking to me about the new JL ride, and the park in general this past Tuesday. Right in the middle of a large group of management doing some sort of ride inspection. Not many folks would take the time from a hectic work schedule to do so.

Just one more reason I love my home park.

I'm shocked that nobody in this thread has brought up that next year is the 45th anniversary (1971-2016). I'm expecting to see a 45 Seasons of Thrills similar to SFGAm, especially since we know the park at a minimum dropped over 9.5 mil on this ride.

^^"If," not "when."

The park has stated they aren't immediately looking at converting it due to the size/terrain aspects of the ride.

I think we should t assume that every Six Flags wooden coaster not called El Toro will be iron horses in the near future. Sure, many more will be and Six Fkags has been very successful with RMC, but not every wooden coaster needs to be converted (although many say Boss needs it).

To answer your question, if SFStL is planning the conversion with RMC, I wouldn't expect it until 2017 at the absolute earliest. Great Adventure, Over Georgia, and SFA are other parks that have a reasonable chance of an RMC along with SFStL in the next few years.