Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby TyRush » Sat May 23, 2015 4:11 am

Coaster Hero wrote:Thank you for posting that picture of I305's crest in the side view. I've never seen a picture of it so perfect,so I've had a hard time recreating it in N2!

They did just recreate it for us in the last update you know!
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DCSportsAndCoasters » Sat May 23, 2015 6:01 am

Looks really good! Definitely an improvement over that wasteland known as WaterWorks!

Also, take note Carowinds, Great America, etc. You don't need to tear down a coaster just for a water park expansion.
Omar Shinaishin
I like D.C. sports teams
Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Six Flags America are my home parks
Favorite coasters are: Griffon, I305, Dominator, Volcano, Apollo's Chariot, S:ROS, Fury 325, Skyrush, and so much more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Instagram @shinaishin_nation/Google+ +TheAnimatorOfficial/Twitter @TheAniOfficial, subscribe to me on Youtube (TheAnimatorOfficial).

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ferk60 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:10 am

Thanks for the Soak City update. I have never really been to the water park part of Kings Dominion. I am not really a water park guy so unless the water park is in my way I never really see it but it looks nice. Great pictures...

On a side note if we can't speculate about the future of Kings Dominion on Theme Park Review then where do we go! I know you were joking btw and so am I.

Why is there so much B&M hate going on on the board recently. They make RELIABLE, high capacity, thrilling coasters. What all that being said I love a good twisty **In my Rob voice** Intamin coaster. I look at them as equals both with their strenghens and weaknesses. I think it is all but confirmed that KD is getting a Winged Coaster and B&M is the only one doing them well so.... deal with it people. ;)
Lawyer by day :| , roller coaster lover by day and night! :lmao:

Top 5
1. Intimidator 305
2. Millenium Force
3. Skyrush
4. Maverick
5. Alpengist

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby OrlandoGuy » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 am

^No way man, B&M sucks Intamin RULEZZZ!!!!! If its not a TOP 5 OMFG ROLLER COASTER WITH SICK EJECTOR AIR then dont even bother, I will not only not ride it, I will AVOID LOOKING AT IT AT ALL COSTS and then I will TRASH IT AS MUCH AS I CAN without even riding it. I will cancel my Cedar Fair Passport if they put in another B&M snoozefest!!!!!! I pay to ride roller coasters, not take napzzz!!!!! Also, since EVERY RIDE I EVEN BOTHER WITH has to be a Top 5 ride, my Top 5 is about 20 roller coasters long but that just shows my dedication to counting credits and spending WAY too much time ranking them!!!

All hail Intamin!!!! I havent even heard the announcement for KD's new coaster but I can already tell it's just another forceless B&M, YAWN, lemme go do it with a SICK PIC of a naked Intamin

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DCSportsAndCoasters » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 am

ferk60 wrote:Thanks for the Soak City update. I have never really been to the water park part of Kings Dominion. I am not really a water park guy so unless the water park is in my way I never really see it but it looks nice. Great pictures...

On a side note if we can't speculate about the future of Kings Dominion on Theme Park Review then where do we go! I know you were joking btw and so am I.

Why is there so much B&M hate going on on the board recently. They make RELIABLE, high capacity, thrilling coasters. What all that being said I love a good twisty **In my Rob voice** Intamin coaster. I look at them as equals both with their strenghens and weaknesses. I think it is all but confirmed that KD is getting a Winged Coaster and B&M is the only one doing them well so.... deal with it people. ;)

And it's not like B&M has never made intense coasters; just ride Fury 325.

With all that said, I believe we are getting a B&M hyper next year. The KD homage shows a coaster that the park currently does not have; a hyper. No other Cedar Fair website does this. I actually think that the VALRAVN name could actually be for this hype and not for Cedar Point like some believe, because CF usually does a cycle when it comes to their major parks getting a new coaster.
Omar Shinaishin
I like D.C. sports teams
Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Six Flags America are my home parks
Favorite coasters are: Griffon, I305, Dominator, Volcano, Apollo's Chariot, S:ROS, Fury 325, Skyrush, and so much more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Instagram @shinaishin_nation/Google+ +TheAnimatorOfficial/Twitter @TheAniOfficial, subscribe to me on Youtube (TheAnimatorOfficial).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 23, 2015 6:36 am

The new water park addition looks fantastic. I loved the same slide complex at Dorney last year and it was a big hit among guests. I prefer the trap door slides that have one long drop, but the aqua loop ones were almost as good with their intensity and direction changes. Unfortunately, due to time I missed the Thunder Falls equivalent, but those drops looked really thrilling. I wasn't impressed with the Aqua Blast equivalent. I just didn't get the constrictor slide, but maybe that's just me. Off ride it looks cool, but during the ride you don't really notice the tighter turn due to the slow speeds.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks for the report, Chuck...the water park upgrade was much needed - it looks a lot nicer now.

I agree about not being a fan of the speed slides. As I age, I am just not a fan of getting tons of water up my nose or a massive wedgie from all of the speed. Put me in a tube or raft anytime though!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sat May 23, 2015 6:49 am

Well, the water park certainly looks a lot nicer. Good job, KD!

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat May 23, 2015 7:04 am

I honestly didn't know KD had a waterpark. Never saw any pictures of it! I really hope Kings Island gets a similar addition..
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 23, 2015 7:23 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:The new water park addition looks fantastic. I loved the same slide complex at Dorney last year and it was a big hit among guests. I prefer the trap door slides that have one long drop, but the aqua loop ones were almost as good with their intensity and direction changes. Unfortunately, due to time I missed the Thunder Falls equivalent, but those drops looked really thrilling. I wasn't impressed with the Aqua Blast equivalent. I just didn't get the constrictor slide, but maybe that's just me. Off ride it looks cool, but during the ride you don't really notice the tighter turn due to the slow speeds.

Aqua Blast is the longest of the three tube sildes, and it "meanders" a bit--which is why it would be perfect for skittish kids. There were two little girls who kept dithering about riding Paradise Plunge and kept me from riding for about 10 minutes (when one of them took the drop, while the other bowed out).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!