The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I haven't ridden either, but Wicked Cyclone seems to be a little slower (obviously) in the elements and focuses on tight radii to throw you outta your seat abruptly, while Colossus has large hills and inversions that are more constant, sustained air. I can't say one is better than the other since I have ridden neither, but they are both RMCs and will both be amazing.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Wicked Cyclone seems to be a little slower

There was absolutely NOTHING slow about Wicked Cyclone at all! Every element was taken at relentless speeds. I'll be posting my rider cam from the ride later this week.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 pm

COASTERelic wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Patience people. Our video is currently uploading. Please do not post links or embed videos from other people. It's just totally rude to us to do that when you should know by now we have one coming.

If you need to get your RMC fix, in the meantime, you can check out the Wicked Cyclone video we did and start the discussion on which one you think might be better for what reasons and why! ;)

WOW....after seeing this I cannot help but to think how great GhostRider would be with this treatment.

Agreed, and seeing how Medusa turned out especially sold me on a GR overhaul. I still think just topper track would fix it, but I definitely wouldn't mind letting RMC go to town on it either.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 20, 2015 8:34 pm

COASTERelic wrote:WOW....after seeing this I cannot help but to think how great GhostRider would be with this treatment.

I know, right! Ghostrider would be the #1 top of my list of rides that RMC needs to re-make.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed May 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
robbalvey wrote: start the discussion on which one you think might be better for what reasons and why! ;)

Even after riding the TC (which was f**king bananas) I still say Cyclone has the edge because of the unrelenting pace. TC and WC probably have the same amount of airtime "moments" but Cyclone's look just brutal. Can't wait to ride Cyclone later this summer :b

hopefully i'll get to WC some day. i think they'll be pretty close but also hard to compare for me. the way it looks to me, WC relentless start to finish. elements, a bit shorter. i'm more a big elements guy. on TC, i love the drop going into the high five on blue, the drop after, and the hill under the top gun. all pretty large elements. WC's double down looks better, imo. the double lift will kill it for a lot of people, i think. if it duels consistently, then for sure i'm glad to have TC near me. obviously from what's being said, both world class solid rides for all to enjoy.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby iloveblueberries » Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Wicked cyclone looks relentless! Twisted Colossuss' racing elements make it more exciting for me though! It's just so cool! What other dueling coaster has the trains spiraling around each other like that? And you could potentially have a race on both parts of the ride, imagine all the fun things you can do with that! Also, say you have a group of 8 friends, you can have 4 on the first train and 4 on the second. You could trash talk eachother through the whole ride!
I am the snowman.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Here's our Twisted Colossus video. The ride just looks completely NUTS! I wanted to choose a thumbnail that showed more than just the "POV" of the ride, because IMO, the pics of just the track doesn't do this ride justice and I wanted something that showed the 'action' of it. Hope you guys agree! =)

Here are a few photos from the media day today. It was a busy day trying to get all the video together since I'm currently on the other side of the country and we will be getting more photos for sure, don't worry! =)

The first official trains are on the track!

Confetti is a sure sign that the ride is now OPEN!!!

Media day smoke and pyro makes Twisted Colossus look even more awesome!

RC_backpov.jpg
Yes! High Five element here in the US is AWESOME!

TC_POV.jpg
Who wishes this was their view right now?

TC_Topgun.jpg
This ride does some seriously CRAZY elements!

caesar.jpg
Huge thanks to Caesar & his daughter for getting all the awesome footage to us today!

goingdown.jpg
Going down? ;)

Twisted Colossus train just sitting there waiting for YOU to come ride!
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed May 20, 2015 9:06 pm.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby scbt » Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Wow, the ride looks absolutely bonkers! Is that a tiny launch at the beginning before the prelift section?

Also, this video makes me appreciate the official TPR filmed pov's instead of the park's footage.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 pm

scbt wrote:Wow, the ride looks absolutely bonkers! Is that a tiny launch at the beginning before the prelift section?

Also, this video makes me appreciate the official TPR filmed pov's instead of the park's footage.

the front POV is from monday, and the rear car camera is from tuesday's filming. the pov was some big camera, the rear, a gopro. gopro for the win. great video of everything!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 pm

scbt wrote:Wow, the ride looks absolutely bonkers! Is that a tiny launch at the beginning before the prelift section?

There's some flywheels that send you into the pre-lift bunny hops, it's actually quite fun and gets you ready for the ride :b
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext