TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Wish Gwazi was given the RMC treatment. With all the success of these other rides conversions I can't fathom why Busch Gardens won't even consider that rouite with Gwazi. Anyway Wicked Cyclone looks like a winner and congrats to Six Flags for really taking these to the next level.

Because Seaworld has gone bankrupt so they're not doing anything with Gwazi for the moment until they have the money to do something about it.

This coaster absolutely blew me away today, the insane pacing and relentless elements are amazing. The rolls have awesome hangtime/airtime, the turns are fun, and every hill is ejector air. The trains are also very comfy and the restraints are great. Absolutely incredible ride and the POV video does not do it justice (or any ride justice). This is now my new favorite steel coaster.

I am beyond excited to ride this, hopefully I'll get a chance to head out there sometime in the next two or three weeks, I've been hyped up thinking this will be my new favorite coaster since its announcement! So glad to hear nothing but rave reviews and hearing it compared (favorably) to El Toro and Steel Medusa!! Also, if you like making suggestions about theme parks (which of course you do, you're on TPR), check out this survey: http://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/finish.aspx?sc=R12525755806

Can you imagine a Comic Con at New England? I totally wanna go on Bizarro (which will hopefully be renamed Ride Of Steel) with Henry Cavill!! Haha

Wish Gwazi was given the RMC treatment. With all the success of these other rides conversions I can't fathom why Busch Gardens won't even consider that rouite with Gwazi. Anyway Wicked Cyclone looks like a winner and congrats to Six Flags for really taking these to the next level.

Because Seaworld has gone bankrupt so they're not doing anything with Gwazi for the moment until they have the money to do something about it.

Seaworld has gone bankrupt?

That's funny, they are building a new coaster at seaworld AND busch gardens.

This is a game changer for SFNE. Wicked Cyclone has it all. The inversions, the speed, the force, the airtime, the theming and the intensity all throughout the course. It's not a great coaster. It's a phenomenal coaster.

I think it's better than Bizarro and El Toro!

Seaworld has gone bankrupt?

That's funny, they are building a new coaster at seaworld AND busch gardens.

There are so many things I want to say from today's media event, but I'm crazy busy right now with editing footage and photos from like 6 different media events so I'll keep this short for the moment.

The ride is ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING MENTAL! It is right up there with the likes of Medusa, Outlaw Run, and Texas Giant. OMG! You hit the brakes and you seriously have NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!

I only got to ride twice today due to having to "work" to get footage and everything, but OMFG the ride delivers, and delivers, and keeps on going. Here's a couple of pics and the POV from today. I'll have a lot more soon including some rider cam and they let me shoot a back-seat POV!

CFc2TddXIAAaMPQ.jpg:large

We are here at Six Flags New England for Wicked Cyclone's media day! Excited!!!

CFc62eIWMAA6KyR.jpg:large

Just took our first ride! OMG! Words cannot describe how awesome it is! WOW!!!

CFdByw1WgAAImU8.jpg:large

The ride is unbelievable! The airtime. The inversions. The speed. WOW! Easily a "top five" ride!

CFdPRT6WIAARx5H.jpg:large

Opening ceremony to begin soon!

Some pics of the first official train:

CFdXUpNUEAApMwj.jpg:large

CFdXUpOUMAA8HZZ.jpg:large

CFdXUpNUMAE5h9J.jpg:large

CFdi34sWMAIvspK.jpg:large

Awesome panoramic of #WickedCyclone

CFdrBrIWoAARSZR.jpg

First drop YANKS you out of your seat!

CFdrBrJWgAAEx4m.jpg

Every one of the inversions just feels like it's being taken at insane speeds.

618823006_wickedaerial2.thumb.jpg.bcf2b3f0620ddbf96c7e645a6c257337.jpg

Got this cool aerial view from Sky Screamer!

(FYI - It was from Pivothead glasses which were securely attached to my head and approved by SF management that morning.)

wicked_cyclone_riders.thumb.jpg.088ee5ae46eff4d6d18289b0c0279fd2.jpg

And you can tell from this pic how much we LOVED it! More pics and video coming soon!

Edited by robbalvey

Yup, beyond excited. When is the official opening? Every great coaster I ride seems to lack one small thing, but this seems like it may truly have it all. No doubt, gunna go and marathon this ride, do the actual park another time So glad an RMC is finally near me.

Here is the question; give your reason for why you chose the answer. Bizarro or Wicked Cyclone?

Why do you have to "choose?" Isn't it just ok knowing that the park has two OMFG TOTALLY KICK ASS TOP FIVE roller coasters???

Seriously, I've just never understood this mentality of roller coaster enthusiasts of why you have to "choose" one or the other.

I had so many people ask me to "Cyclone or Bizarro...CHOOSE ONE!" and it was so annoying to be honest....

So if I have to choose, I choose... BOTH!

Because they are both FREAKING AWESOME!

Edited by robbalvey

I'll interpret your question differently:

Having ridden both, if I was told that I had to choose right now which one I want to ride at this exact moment, I would without hesitating choose wicked cyclone.

Bizarro is a VERY different ride from WC, and they compliment each other extremely well. Bizarro is almost what Nitro is to El toro in the sense that it a much less violent/intense, and is a speed/height/extended airtime oriented ride.

Having ridden both, if I was told that I had to choose right now which one I want to ride at this exact moment, I would without hesitating choose wicked cyclone.

Bizarro is a VERY different ride from WC, and they compliment each other extremely well. Bizarro is almost what Nitro is to El toro in the sense that it a much less violent/intense, and is a speed/height/extended airtime oriented ride.

I might find fault with comparing it to El Toro and Nitro. Only because Nitro is a snoozefest compared to El Toro, whilst WC and Bizarro seem to be pretty much matched in terms of intensity and quality. I think a better comparison would be Maverick and Millennium Force IMO in terms of a 1-2 punch. Just my .02

Damn, I had done a pretty good job of walking back my expectations for this ride, but Robb just shattered that. That level of excitement from somebody so experienced is high praise, I really can't wait to get on this thing. Hopefully should get over there in a month or so!

Did anyone get to talk to Alan Schilke? I heard he was at the media event. He is my idol

I did. While I was on the stairs leading up to the station waiting to take my first ride today, I saw Alan Schilke standing at the top watching the trains go through their wild gyrations on the course. No one seemed to even know who he was, but I did! He was also taking in all the riders' reactions as they came into and sat on the brake run. I could see that he had a very contented look.

When I reached him I said, "Aah the proud Papa!" He smiled, and then I reached out to shake his hand and said "You're my HERO!" Then he really smiled!

I said, "This must be such a happy day for you." and he said, "Oh yes it is. They're not all like this!" He was VERY happy!

And how could he NOT be happy? Wicked Cyclone is just freaking AMAZING! It's like the love child of a hybrid coaster and a mechanical bull, that just happens to go upside down 3 times as a bonus! All the videos have been great, but they don't really do this coaster justice. It's THAT good!!!

I rode 5 times, in the front (1) and back (3) and middle (1). I have to give the edge to the back. You are literally yanked over all of the hills. It is just so relentless, with so much ejector airtime (even in unexpected places!), and floater hangtime in the inversions. The pacing is exquisite; it manages to keep its intensity all the way until that final pop into the brake run.

And the trains are by far the most comfortable that I have ever ridden. No pain whatsoever!

So RUN to SFNE and you will not be disappointed!!!

Did anyone get to talk to Alan Schilke? I heard he was at the media event. He is my idol

I did. While I was on the stairs leading up to the station waiting to take my first ride today, I saw Alan Schilke standing at the top watching the trains go through their wild gyrations on the course. No one seemed to even know who he was, but I did! He was also taking in all the riders' reactions as they came into and sat on the brake run. I could see that he had a very contented look.

When I reached him I said, "Aah the proud Papa!" He smiled, and then I reached out to shake his hand and said "You're my HERO!" Then he really smiled!

I said, "This must be such a happy day for you." and he said, "Oh yes it is. They're not all like this!" He was VERY happy!

Wow!!! Too awesome!!!

I might find fault with comparing it to El Toro and Nitro. Only because Nitro is a snoozefest compared to El Toro, whilst WC and Bizarro seem to be pretty much matched in terms of intensity and quality. I think a better comparison would be Maverick and Millennium Force IMO in terms of a 1-2 punch. Just my .02

Well I do not find Nitro to be a snoozefest personally so I made that comparison. I've always put nitro and bizarro at around the same spot, nitro edging out slightly above. (s:ros on the other hand would easily be a couple spots above it, R.I.P. old trians )

The intensity of this ride is so beautiful to this coaster enthusiast. I may have underestimated this one due to only being 109' tall, but damn it looks outstanding and I'm loving the reviews. I need to take another trip up there in the next season or two.

Side note: the orange track/gray supports are my favorite RMC look so far on a ride.

Thanks for the reports and coverage as always, Robb!

The intensity of this ride is so beautiful to this coaster enthusiast. I may have underestimated this one due to only being 109' tall, but damn it looks outstanding and I'm loving the reviews. I need to take another trip up there in the next season or two.

Side note: the orange track/gray supports are my favorite RMC look so far on a ride.

Thanks for the reports and coverage as always, Robb!

Love it! Not the biggest, fastest, or even "craziest looking" but I think it'll be up there with Medusa as perhaps best RMC

I'm loving all these great reviews, giving me something to look forward to while I'm slogging through calc class

Robb, I loved the way you described it......"ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING MENTAL!"...lol

I don't think I've ever seen someone describe a coaster that way. I enjoyed that

And you said you were really busy with editing footage from several different events and I'd just like to say thank you for all the hard work we end up seeing and don't see you do.

I appreciate it.

Edited by Tmcdllr