Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby BoulderDash » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

This coaster absolutely blew me away today, the insane pacing and relentless elements are amazing. The rolls have awesome hangtime/airtime, the turns are fun, and every hill is ejector air. The trains are also very comfy and the restraints are great. Absolutely incredible ride and the POV video does not do it justice (or any ride justice). This is now my new favorite steel coaster.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I am beyond excited to ride this, hopefully I'll get a chance to head out there sometime in the next two or three weeks, I've been hyped up thinking this will be my new favorite coaster since its announcement! So glad to hear nothing but rave reviews and hearing it compared (favorably) to El Toro and Steel Medusa!! Also, if you like making suggestions about theme parks (which of course you do, you're on TPR), check out this survey: http://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/finish.aspx?sc=R12525755806

Can you imagine a Comic Con at New England? I totally wanna go on Bizarro (which will hopefully be renamed Ride Of Steel) with Henry Cavill!! Haha
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed May 20, 2015 6:51 pm

TPR Xtreme Fan wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:Wish Gwazi was given the RMC treatment. With all the success of these other rides conversions I can't fathom why Busch Gardens won't even consider that rouite with Gwazi. Anyway Wicked Cyclone looks like a winner and congrats to Six Flags for really taking these to the next level.

Because Seaworld has gone bankrupt so they're not doing anything with Gwazi for the moment until they have the money to do something about it.

Seaworld has gone bankrupt?

That's funny, they are building a new coaster at seaworld AND busch gardens.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Wed May 20, 2015 6:56 pm

This is a game changer for SFNE. Wicked Cyclone has it all. The inversions, the speed, the force, the airtime, the theming and the intensity all throughout the course. It's not a great coaster. It's a phenomenal coaster.
I think it's better than Bizarro and El Toro!
Yankee Cannonball <3

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Wed May 20, 2015 6:56 pm

thrillrider wrote:
TPR Xtreme Fan wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:Wish Gwazi was given the RMC treatment. With all the success of these other rides conversions I can't fathom why Busch Gardens won't even consider that rouite with Gwazi. Anyway Wicked Cyclone looks like a winner and congrats to Six Flags for really taking these to the next level.

Because Seaworld has gone bankrupt so they're not doing anything with Gwazi for the moment until they have the money to do something about it.

Seaworld has gone bankrupt?

That's funny, they are building a new coaster at seaworld AND busch gardens.

:nina:
Is this a trick question?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Wed May 20, 2015 6:59 pm

I also forgot to mention that they are going to be slowly swapping the steel wheels with nylon and urethane wheels so eventually it will be faster/quieter.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 20, 2015 7:45 pm

There are so many things I want to say from today's media event, but I'm crazy busy right now with editing footage and photos from like 6 different media events so I'll keep this short for the moment.

The ride is ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING MENTAL! It is right up there with the likes of Medusa, Outlaw Run, and Texas Giant. OMG! You hit the brakes and you seriously have NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!!!

I only got to ride twice today due to having to "work" to get footage and everything, but OMFG the ride delivers, and delivers, and keeps on going. Here's a couple of pics and the POV from today. I'll have a lot more soon including some rider cam and they let me shoot a back-seat POV!

We are here at Six Flags New England for Wicked Cyclone's media day! Excited!!!

Just took our first ride! OMG! Words cannot describe how awesome it is! WOW!!!

The ride is unbelievable! The airtime. The inversions. The speed. WOW! Easily a "top five" ride!

Opening ceremony to begin soon!

Some pics of the first official train:

Awesome panoramic of #WickedCyclone

First drop YANKS you out of your seat!

Every one of the inversions just feels like it's being taken at insane speeds.
wicked aerial2.jpg
Got this cool aerial view from Sky Screamer!
(FYI - It was from Pivothead glasses which were securely attached to my head and approved by SF management that morning.)
wicked_cyclone_riders.jpg
And you can tell from this pic how much we LOVED it! More pics and video coming soon!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 21, 2015 3:56 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed May 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Great....now it looks like I have to plan a trip out east this summer. :b

Thank you for the great coverage Robb.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Reading Robb's report just makes me even more excited to ride this monstrosity. I can't wait to get up there; hopefully next Saturday.
Total Coasters: 140

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Yup, beyond excited. When is the official opening? Every great coaster I ride seems to lack one small thing, but this seems like it may truly have it all. No doubt, gunna go and marathon this ride, do the actual park another time :b So glad an RMC is finally near me.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!