WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 179 - Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:10 am

Sounds awesome! I think it's safe to say it'll be just as insanely popular again.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm

cfc wrote:I'm not surprised they're beefing up the Frozen Sing-a-Long and moving it to a better venue. The show was a surprise hit and was still packing in the crowds last October.

It was still pulling in the crowds when I was there! It was also really well done! The royal historians were so funny! :lol:

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

cfc wrote:I'm not surprised they're beefing up the Frozen Sing-a-Long and moving it to a better venue. The show was a surprise hit and was still packing in the crowds last October.

My two year old granddaughter loved this sing-a-long. Nice to see it get a better location. It was kind of cramped back where it was.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Will Olaf be at the park the first week of June? I saw the pictures of the walking character with Robb and my sister is a die hard Olaf fan.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat May 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Yesterday we had the chance to go check out 2015's installment of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

This year’s event welcomes a new show, “Star Wars: Rebels,” new locations for autograph sessions and merchandise and several Star Wars luminaries making their first hyperspace jump to Star Wars Weekends.

Bringing Walt Disney World Resort guests as close to the Force as they can get, Star Wars Weekends features more than 60 Star Wars characters roaming the theme park for meet-and-greet opportunities, a Star Wars motorcade, the “Symphony in the Stars” nighttime fireworks spectacular saluting iconic sounds of the films, event-exclusive merchandise at Darth’s Mall, Star Wars-inspired dining offerings and specialty food and beverages, interactive activities, and more every weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) May 15-June 14, 2015.

Highlighting the event, Star Wars celebrities, including returning favorites and event newcomers, will appear in star conversations, talk shows, autograph sessions, and the motorcades each weekend. Bringing his evil prowess to Star Wars Weekends for the first time, actor Ian McDiarmid, Senator/Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movies, will kick off Weekend I May 15-17. To balance out the appearance of the dark side with a beacon of light, actor Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the Star Wars movies, will make his first event appearance in Weekend V June 12-14.

Celebrities scheduled to appear at Star Wars Weekends 2015 include voices from the hit Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels” and stars from Episodes I-VI of the Star Wars film franchise (entertainment is subject to change):

Weekend I (May 15 – 17)
- Ian McDiarmid: Senator/Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Amy Allen: Aayla Secura (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend II (May 22 – 24)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend III (May 29 – 31)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend IV (June 5 – 7)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend V (June 12 – 14)
- Frank Oz: Yoda (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; Star Wars Rebels)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: A New Hope; Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

The host of Star Wars Weekends, actor James Arnold Taylor, from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and “Star Wars Rebels,” will also host the new Star Wars Weekends show “Star Wars: Rebels,” where guests can relive the twists and turns of the first season of the Disney XD series with special guests from the show’s voice cast. In addition to Ashley Eckstein’s Weekend IV guest spot, she will also be joining every day of the event as host of “Padawan Mind Challenge – Family Edition.”

A celebration of all-things-Star Wars, the special event is included in regular park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Check out some photos from the event! Photos by Robb Alvey & Jack Crouse. The good ones are Jack's! =)

star wars weekends 2015 _ 01.jpg
If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll want to hang out at Disney's Hollywood Studios every weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) May 15-June 14, 2015.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 02.jpg
Fans of all ages come dressed up in their favorite Star Wars/Disney cross over costumes for a weekend of fun!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 03.jpg
You can meet & greet with characters from the films and Disney characters getting into the spirit of things.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 04.jpg
Yes, Boba Fett is here, too!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 05.jpg
We started our day by checking out the Rebel Hanger, home to some of the Star Wars themed food being served at the event.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 06.jpg
The restaurant is decked-out in Star Wars, of course!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 07.jpg
Did he shoot first?

star wars weekends 2015 _ 08.jpg
All the tables have these awesome characters on them.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 09.jpg
There are Star Wars themed cupcakes, "Chips & Sith", and lots of goodies you'll have to try!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 10.jpg
Yum!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 11.jpg
I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Miller showing us some of the new merchandise available during Star Wars Weekends.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 12.jpg
There's pretty much something for everyone.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 13.jpg
Gotta love these new Star Wars: The Force Awakens T-Shirts!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 14.jpg
And you can put Oswald ears on your droids! lol

star wars weekends 2015 _ 15.jpg
The "motorcade" is a parade of sorts that features characters from the movies, talent from the movies & shows, and fans dressed up as their favorite characters.

Video of the Motorcade thanks to Attractions Magazine:

star wars weekends 2015 _ 16.jpg
It's the kid Jedi army!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 17.jpg
These fans make their own costumes and will march in the parade.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 18.jpg
The fans come from all over the country to join in the fun at Star Wars Weekends.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 19.jpg
These all home-made costumes look fantastic!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 20.jpg
And a lot of the fans really know how to get into character!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 21.jpg
Need some Rebel pilots? There are plenty featured during Star Wars Weekends!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 22.jpg
Proudly these guys march and show off their costumes!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 23.jpg
It's sometimes hard to tell the fans from the actual characters!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 24.jpg
I think this dude is legit! ;)

star wars weekends 2015 _ 25.jpg
Jedi Mickey also makes an appearance to kick off the motorcade!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 26.jpg
And of course he's hanging out with Princess Leia Minnie!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 27.jpg
Some of the stars include Ashley Eckstein who played Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars & Star Wars Rebels.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 28.jpg
Tiya Sircar who played Sabine Wren in Star Wars Rebels.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 29.jpg
Ian McDiarmid who was Senator/Emperor Palpatine in all the Star Wars feature films.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 30.jpg
James Arnold Taylor from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 31.jpg
And the motorcade ends with none other than Darth Vader himself!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 32.jpg

star wars weekends 2015 _ 33.jpg
Along with Star Wars weekends, you can train to be a Jedi in the Jedi Training academy. This is a show that runs year-round.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 34.jpg
The Jedi Training Academy is right next to Star Tours.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 35.jpg
And this ride gets VERY popular during Star Wars Weekends! =)

star wars weekends 2015 _ 36.jpg
"Why didn't I get a Fast Pass???"

star wars weekends 2015 _ 37.jpg
Character meet & greets are all over the park.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 38.jpg
And yes, you can even meet Jedi Master Mickey!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 39.jpg
Only at Star Wars weekends can you find random Star Wars characters just hanging out!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 40.jpg
It doesn't take much to get these guys playing a tune for you.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 41.jpg
Hey look! We met Jedi Elsa!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 42.jpg
You simply cannot go to Hollywood Studios without a ride on Tower of Terror!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 43.jpg
Even the Starbucks cast get into Star Wars Weekends! Armando here is from Cloud City, Bespin!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 44.jpg
Storm Troopers on stage having a good time.

star wars weekends 2015 _ 45.jpg
And all the Star Wars stuff you can imagine inside Darth's Mall!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 46.jpg
“Symphony in the Stars” nighttime fireworks spectacular salutes iconic sounds of the films!

Video of the Fireworks thanks to Attractions Magazine:

star wars weekends 2015 _ 47.jpg
The sky lights up the colors of the Rebel Alliance!

star wars weekends 2015 _ 48.jpg
Star Wars Weekends is a MUST for any Star Wars fan! If you haven't been out to Hollywood Studios for the event, you HAVE to do it!

Photos by Robb Alvey & Jack Crouse. The good ones are Jack's! =)
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat May 16, 2015 2:46 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TehCooKidz » Sun May 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Nice report! good to see all the stuff going on at HWS.
:airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime:
:mike:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Sun May 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Stunning.
I'm a fan.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bag_O_Laughs » Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 am

yey this years looks good! I wish i could afford to make multiple trips to Florida every year but this year I've decided to do the food and wine festival.

I did star wars weekends in 2013. I still think its a shame they got rid of the hoopla. Fireworks are cool but I liked dancing star wars characters
Next trips:

Orlando September 2015: Halloween Horror Nights 25 - Food and Wine Festival 2015

Hong Kong Disneyland October 2016

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Waltrane » Mon May 18, 2015 3:56 pm

I went last year to the last Star Wars weekend and it was amazing! These pictures are bringing back such great memories!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 am

Wait, is this a Fan or an Official Disney Face Character? I know the character is from Star Wars: Rebels. Either way, they nailed the character, and it'd be cool to see come Rebels Characters show up as live actors in ANY of the upcoming Star Wars Movies.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!