Switchback Roller Coaster at ZDT`s Amusement Park

P. 23 - Awesome POV and photos from opening day!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Gravity Group and ZDT`s Amusement Park

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 am

ZDT sent us two more photos of progress on Switchback Railroad!

Switchback has officially gone vertical this past weekend! Over the next couple weeks, the structure and tracking near the overbanked turn should rise up to near completion. The next stop after that... the lift hill and initial drop!
ZDT 01.jpg
ZDT 02.jpg
Last edited by cfc on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:00 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:44 am

I'm hoping to ride Switchback later this year. It's a pretty intriguing project.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 am

Wow that's a really tight turn.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:57 pm

WOW! I had no idea how tight that turn would be. This is project is going to be interesting to follow.
Bigger is not always better.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:34 pm

It's amazing that Timberliners can make turns that tight, those are probably the most flexible train on the market other than X-Car.

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Can't wait to see how this one turns out
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:47 am

am i the only one wondering how they are going to get that forklift out of there :lmao:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

^In the second picture, there appears to be a gap in the fence behind the building. ;) There also appear to be no mounting brackets on the adjacent footings yet.

This coaster is probably the one I'm most interested to see built this year...mainly due to its surroundings. The folks at ZDT really are creative to figure out how to make an amusement park out of their former industrial site. This is going to be one park to keep an eye on even after Switchback is finished...they're going to have to be clever to figure out how to add much more in the years ahead, but I know they'll find a way.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:20 pm

thesman wrote:am i the only one wondering how they are going to get that forklift out of there :lmao:
Theming? :Pr
Bigger is not always better.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri May 08, 2015 3:15 pm

ZDT's Amusement Park has provided another construction update!

Hello!

In the past few weeks, Switchback has seen some pretty big changes! We've uploaded a few pictures at the following link so you can see what we've been up to: Switchback Construction Photos.

In Zone 1, the structure of the ride is nearing completion! This is the area where Switchback will take it's sharpest overbanked turn at 104°. As you can see in the pictures, the last part of the structure to go up will be the supports for the overbanked turn. We expect these supports to be fastened in over the next few weeks.

As we finish up in Zone 1, we've also begun working on Zone 3! This will be the section of the ride that contains the train station and lift hill. Currently we are building and stacking up bents, which are the structural elements you see in the pictures provided.

After stockpiling these bents, we will bring in a crane to hoist them up into the air one-by-one and fasten them into place. This will occur at a fairly rapid pace, with large portions of the structure being erected each day! The first crane should be brought in sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Also in Zone 3, we have begun erecting the structure in areas where the track will be lower to the ground. These first few supports that have been put into place make up the exit from the train station, where the train will begin approaching the initial lift.

We would like to thank you all for your continued support of Switchback, and your interest in its progress! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Zac Donhauser
ZDT's Amusement Park
SB_050815_01.jpg
SB_050815_02.jpg
SB_050815_04.jpg
SB_050815_05.jpeg
SB_050815_03.JPG
Last edited by cfc on Fri May 08, 2015 3:29 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!