Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm

^&^^

:nina:

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:58 pm

^^ I hope you won't have to be 21 to ride it. I'd hate to miss out... :(
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 am

I305forever wrote:^^ I hope you won't have to be 21 to ride it. I'd hate to miss out... :(

They could easily make a junior RMC themed to McDonalds and Coke for people under 21 to ride! :p

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am

StealthFan wrote:
cfc wrote:^Why could we not have both? Dream big! ;)

A food and beer stand themed RMC? That does sound pretty awesome!

This is the sort of quality thinking I approve of.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:35 am

StealthFan wrote:
I305forever wrote:^^ I hope you won't have to be 21 to ride it. I'd hate to miss out... :(

They could easily make a junior RMC themed to McDonalds and Coke for people under 21 to ride! :p

Or make a dueling coaster--one side food (for all ages), the other side alcohol (for adults only).

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:43 pm

^ But then it wouldn't be a mobius loop like with TC. Actually, now that I think about, the park employees probably wouldn't bother check several thousand IDs a day so I could just sneak by. Also, speaking of beer themed coasters, did you know there's a blue fire clue that launches you out of a keg?
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Postby jray21 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:01 pm

cfc wrote:^I think knocking Gwazi down and replacing it with a Dippin Dots stand would be a big improvement.

I totally agree! I would much rather get Dippin Dots than ride Gwazi again. :devil:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Last weekend I had the chance to stop in to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay to check out the first annual Busch Gardens Food and Wine Festival along with checking out the latest construction progress on the 2016 expansion project in the Egypt section of the park. Regarding the Food and Wine Festival, I felt that the event is on the right track but wasn't a solid win straight out of the gate. None of the food was particularly bad (with one exception) but nothing was extraordinary. I'm curious to see how next year's event steps it up if it returns, but it was nice to see the park continue to dabble in unique, new events either way.
DSC00988.JPG
The entrance of the park features some new decor advertising the event...
DSC00989.JPG
A full run-down of the event's menu.
DSC00991.JPG
Several new topiaries have been added to the park specifically for the Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival.
DSC00992.JPG
The old Gwazi plaza and Gwazi Park make up the space where the Food & Wine Festival is hosted.
DSC00993.JPG
Nothing to see here.
DSC00994.JPG
Another topiary near Gwazi...
DSC00995.JPG
Lots of different pop-up shops built for the event.
DSC00996.JPG
Gwazi's former entrance serves as a venue for a pianist to perform during the event.
DSC00997.JPG
Time for the food!
DSC00998.JPG
First up!
DSC01002.JPG
The Braised Lamb with Roasted Corn & Merlot Jus Lie was solid.
DSC01004.JPG
The Coconut Shrimp Cigars & Mandarin Orange Salad was quite good!
DSC01005.JPG
Heading into Gwazi Park...
DSC01009.JPG
Time to dine in the shadow of the dormant beast...
DSC01014.JPG
It is hard not to stand here and expect a train to come flying by.
DSC01015.JPG
Same here.
DSC01017.JPG
At the Southern Station, we tried the Shrimp & Grits... The Roasted Red Pepper Grits really made the dish for me.
DSC01018.JPG
The Pan-Fried Cod had a nice char to it and the Parsnip Puree was easily the best part of the dish overall.
DSC01019.JPG
The Beef Short Rib & Brioche Toast had a nice sauce and the meat had a "melt in your mouth" tenderness to it.
DSC01022.JPG
Live entertainment has been added throughout the park specifically for the Food & Wine Festival. This "living fountain" was fun to watch, especially because her fingers actually sprayed water as if she were a part of the real fountain.
DSC01024.JPG
So sad... Or maybe not, depending on how you felt about the ride.
DSC01025.JPG
The Gourmet Lodge was where we tried the Beef Brisket served with Cheddar & Smoked Gouda Potato Au Gratin. Honestly, this felt like the same (solid) brisket you can get throughout the year at the Zambia Steakhouse. The potatoes were nice though.
DSC01026.JPG
The Deconstructed Duck Confit with Fried Wontons, Orange Salsa & Microgreens was one of the better dishes of the event.
DSC01028.JPG
Next up was the Comfort Kitchen where we tried the Habanero Shrimp Salad and the Bacon Mac & Cheese. The shrimp had a light kick despite being soaked in a habanero sauce, but the salad beneath it had a fantastic lemon thyme vinaigrette.
DSC01029.JPG
The Bacon Mac & Cheese was fine... It was the standard mac with cheese sauce on top along with some sliced strips of bacon. Nothing overly special but it tasted fine enough to finish.
DSC01033.JPG
The Chef's Plantation was my favorite booth of the event with all three dishes winning in my book. The Goat Cheese Fingerling Potato Tart had a quiche-esque consistency but the cheese really brought the potatoes in a neat way. I would get this one again.
DSC01034.JPG
The Pan-Seared Salmon Cake with Caper-Lemon Aioli served atop Wasabi Microgreens was my personal favorite item of the entire event.
DSC01035.JPG
The Griddled Cheese Cake Sandwich was really nice, provided you get past the notion that this isn't a cheesecake dish. Really, it is two pieces of pound cake with a thin layer of cream cheese between slices, pan-griddled and served on a plate with raspberry coulis. The dessert was tasty (albeit heavy) but not the cheesecake sandwich I was expecting.
DSC01036.JPG
Both of the typical Howl-O-Scream pavilions in Gwazi Park are used for the Food & Wine Festival for shaded seating and additional dining space.
DSC01037.JPG
It is just... There.
DSC01039.JPG
The only "bad" dish of the event was the Pan Seared Diver Scallops atop a Crispy Tortilla with a Watermelon Salsa. These scallops were small and oddly bitter... Typically when scallops are the main focus of a dish, they are larger and more flavorful. This was not the case at all.
DSC01040.JPG
The Roasted Pork Belly topped with a Tomato Onion Jam & Fried Leeks on the other hand was a big win for us. Well cooked and flavorful!
DSC01041.JPG
The Mango Eclair was flavorful and refreshing.
DSC01042.JPG
The Midori Margarita was the only drink we bought at the festival, but it was well worth it! I'll hardly ever turn down a drink with Midori at this point.
DSC01043.JPG
Two towering giants in view.
DSC01044.JPG
Time to make our way back out to catch up on the rest of the park...
DSC01046.JPG
This was one AWESOME topiary!
DSC01048.JPG
Her face is a little strange.
DSC01053.JPG
Shameless plug!
DSC01054.JPG
I honestly didn't know that Beer-based bread mix was a thing.
DSC01055.JPG
Over in Egypt, the 2016 expansion project is well underway.
DSC01056.JPG
The old walkthrough Tut's Tomb has long-since closed.
DSC01057.JPG
Busch Gardens knows how to poke fun at the uber-fans.
DSC01063.JPG
On the backside of the Crown Colony House visible construction is evident.
DSC01064.JPG
It appears that at least one trench will be built for this new attraction or area.
DSC01066.JPG
Early signs of footers are already on-site.
DSC01068.JPG
The Serengeti Safari Train is currently closed while the 2016 attraction is being build. The track that passed behind the Crown Colony House and Egypt has been entirely removed for this new project.
DSC01072.JPG
I never get tired of seeing this!
DSC01076.JPG
Woosh!
DSC01089.JPG
TPR Turtle Fancy fulfilled!
DSC01091.JPG
Fans of the Madagascar: Operation Vacation! show should note that the park's main gift shop is selling all show-related merchandise at 25% off... Could this be a hint that the show will be retired soon?
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby jray21 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Great report! The food all looks amazing, and Gwazi has never looked better! :devil:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Yep--I'd eat that!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!