Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby GreatAdventurer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Quite unfortunate for someone to do such a thing in a family environment :?r
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/74488e7fab820f9ee7ba271d6b37eba6.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 am

So, Universal Florida announced a super long Haunt season for this year. Anyone want to speculate if Hollywood will offer the same?
Tigga, please!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:23 am

Jew wrote:^I would say that even though the Simpsons is past its prime, it's still very exciting to see it all brought to life. You can't help but geek out a little if you are a Simpsons fan.

Plus the food and beer are actually good, something else USH really needed.

What if it was Magic Mountain that was installing The SImpsons? Would you be as accepting of a park transforming an entire section of it's park into an area based on an 'over the hill' show? Something tells me you wouldn't be quite as forgiving.

Universal is interesting as they struck fairly quickly with Despicable Me, but arrived (especially in CA) pretty late to the party with The Simpsons and Harry Potter.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:21 pm

^If SFMM were to execute it as well as USH has, I would be THRILLED. Twisted Colossus+real life Springfield would be awesome!!! They failed miserably with Thomas the Tank engine, but have kept the new DC area looking decent---so I would be skeptical, but still excited to see Springfield brought to life.

I also never said the Simpsons was over the hill. Most everyone would agree that the show has gone past its prime of the earlier seasons (ending around season 10 depending on who you ask), but I actually still enjoy the show. In fact, I personally think the movie reinvigorated the writers and the quality has gotten better since the movie came out.
Last edited by Jew on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:34 pm

I agree with Joey. The writing has been getting batter, and I still watch the Simpsons regularly.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Even is the Simpsons is well past its Prime a 26 year run means it has not just one generation of fans, but two generations. Even as its first run media exposure fades, it will still have a substantial fan base and relatable characters for another 20 years, minimum.

Would it have made more sense to add Springfield 10 years ago? Probably, but that doesn't mean adding it know is a bad idea.

In other words, "Don't have a cow man"
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:53 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AvengedYolo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Any news on wizarding world?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm

^It's not open yet? :lol:

Probably the biggest news is that the station for Flight of the Hippogriph is built. If that counts as big news?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

^ Totally forgot! New credit!

:airtime:

Also, totally shameless.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/04/28/fast--furious-supercharged-universal-studios/26514595/

Furious 7 is still dominating the box office. Fast & Furious 8 is officially in the works.

But the next chapter of the Fast & Furious franchise hits Universal Studios Hollywood on June 25 with the opening of the Fast & Furious -- Supercharged attraction.

Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson and Luke Evans return in the hydraulic motion-based thrill ride which tells an original Furious story along with hyper-realistic special effects.

In this exclusive clip showing the behind-the-scenes creation, Diesel talks about being "immortalized" in the attraction.

"What we did here today, we have never done before," DIesel says. "This is new territory for us, although we have been living in these characters for 15 years."

Evans, who is villain Owen Shaw, adds that Furious was a logical extension to make the attraction which will now serve as the finale to Universal's famed studio tour.

"I'm amazed it hasn't been made into a theme park ride earlier than it has," says Evans. "When you watch the movies, you feel this power, speed and adrenaline."

Supercharged features an 120 mile-per-hour car chase through Los Angeles with 3D-HD imagery projected onto the world's longest 360-degree screen -- spanning nearly 400 feet in length in a newly constructed 65,000-square-foot structure on the Universal backlot.

As Johnson, in full Hobbs attire, says in the clip after shooting scenes for the ride: "I can honestly say in my blood, heart and bones, that this ride is exactly that -- a thrill ride."

"To be immortalized in a ride is a very cool thing," Johnson adds. "Who am I kidding? It's cool."
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!