Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 127: Havana Nights at The Edison details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby halltd » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Quick area calculation off of Google Maps shows the land area of Disney Springs (including all parking) is about 125 acres.

The Magic Kingdom is apparently 107 acres, Hollywood Studios 135 acres, Epcot 300 acres, and Animal Kingdom 500 acres. I don't think these numbers include the parking lots though because I just pulled those from a Google search...I didn't actually calculate like I did with Disney Springs. But yeah, pretty close to a park size.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Wow, that's a massive project. No wonder they needed the parking garage!

Postby viking86 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm

That really is a huge expansion. I'm sure it will turn out great once its all done.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 pm

When I first read about the expansion and all the additional infrastructure improvements to the roads and building access to I-4 and such, my immediate thought was how similar that sounded to Disneyland's resort expansion project done in the late 90s that was ultimately finished in 2001 with DCA.

Those pictures really remind me of the the huge dirt fields seen during those years!

Postby ernierocker » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:45 pm

http://www.wesh.com/news/fhp-confirms-deadly-crash-at-disneys-richard-petty-driving-experience/32330924?absolute=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wesh

ORLANDO, Fla. —Authorities with the Florida Highway Patrol confirmed a deadly accident at Disney World.

Troopers said the accident occurred at the Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway at World Drive and Floridian Way.

A Reedy Creek Emergency Service spokesperson said a vehicle hit a guard rail just after 3:30 p.m. One man died and the other was taken to a hospital with injuries.

Florida Highway Patrol said the driver of a Lamborghini lost control. They confirmed the passenger in the car died at the scene.

Officials announced in February that the Exotic Driving Experience will close in June to make way for transportation improvements.

The target date for closure was June 28. Nearly 70 people work at the speedway. Disney has not provided details on what the transportation projects include.

Stay with WESH.com for breaking news and information.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/fhp-investigates-fatal-incident-disney-property/nkr9W/#__federated=1

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

A 36-year-old Davenport man was killed in a crash at the Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway Sunday afternoon, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The attraction, which allows guests to drive high-end sports cars, sits on Disney property on World Drive.

Troopers said a male driver lost control of a Lamborghini while on the track and struck a guardrail.

His passenger died at the scene, troopers said.

The driver was transported to Celebration Hospital with minor injuries.

Troopers were called to investigate the crash at about 3:30 p.m.

They originally said the crash happened at the Richard Petty Driving Experience, which is close to the Exotic Driving Experience attraction.

The victim and the driver have not been identified.
11159545_10155456520135370_6251042226838100589_n.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:06 pm.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more at these driving experiences. Sad news.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:12 am

No matter how many safety precautions they take, there's always an element of risk in an attraction like this. Very sad news, indeed. I'd like to see more details about what happened.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:15 am

This is really sad. Would like to hear if it was Car or the Drive or both.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby jray21 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 am

Sad news. There is always a risk on injury, it's just too bad when it happens. If you look at the news videos, it looks like the car slid sideways and the barrier speared the passenger side door.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:27 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/trader-sams-grog-grotto-officially-opens-today-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

Those coveted cups include the Uh-Oa!, Krakatoa Punch, Nautilus, Polynesian Pearl, HippopotoMai-Tai, Rum Flight shot glasses in the three colors and the Shrunken Zombie Head – all available only at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.

It’s a pretty popular spot, with waits some evenings up to two hours at peak times as guests ooh and ah over more than 1,200 pieces of memorabilia and have a good time with the staff. The handcrafted cocktails are delicious, and just order an Uh-Oa! and see what happens with the special effects.

If you want a table and there’s a wait, Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace is almost as cool as the lounge, with a lava rock waterfall and live Hawai’ian-themed entertainment every night with the gorgeous backdrop of Seven Seas Lagoon and a seat for the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks.

Walt Disney Parks & Resorts recently won a VIBE VISTA Award in the category of “Best Spirits Program in Hotels.” The award represents “exemplary creativity, execution and results in an extremely competitive field,” as judged by the faculty at Johnson & Wales University. And Trader Sam’s helped land the prestigious award.

tgswdw123456.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/copper-river-salmon-is-back-on-menus-at-artist-point-flying-fish-cafe-and-california-grill-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

One of our favorite times of year – Copper River Salmon has made its way back to menus at three Walt Disney World Resort restaurants: Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Flying Fish Café at Disney’s Boardwalk area.

It’s so special because this prized salmon is available for a very short window of time – mid-May to mid-June. Every year those beauties travel up the Copper River in South Central Alaska, covering a distance of about 3,200 miles to their spawning ground. All that hard work means fish that is flavorful and full of goodness. The Alaskans call them Chinook or Tyees, and the largest on record is a whopping 126 pounds.

Keep an eye on the menus, but the best way to serve Copper River Salmon is simply grilled. Artist Point used cedar planks, and California Grill is planning “a la plancha” style, or grilled on a metal plate. Chef Brian Piasecki at California Grill says he’s hoping that local Zellwood corn will accompany in some form or fashion. And we’ll wait to see what the chefs at Flying Fish Cafe create.

Make your reservations now – 407-WDW-DINE.

ysdwdw293847.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat May 02, 2015 12:43 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!