TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I feel like most people are butthurt that it isn't a B&M strata looper wingrider launched coaster.

I can safely say that this is not an issue for me personally.

Guys if this makes you feel any better I can tell you this. I had the privilege of riding Superman at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in early January. The Ride is very intense in G-Forces as in positive g-force.the george is from the quick 90 degree pull up and then the twist whips you around. The airtime in the ride comes from the twist to inversion part of the ride. If you sit in the front row it was definitely good airtime. Otherwise the rest of the ride is plain out fun. There is no waisted space on this roller coaster. In California only in my opinion only Xcelerator, Medusa, x2, and Tatsu are better. Even full throttle is not as good.

The ride may not be the addition you thought you were going to get but it is definitely an above average roller coaster. Also I don't know if you guys have noticed but I think this entire ride has been stretched out horizontally due to the longer length of trains. Do you guys know? In some pictures on Behind the Thrills it seems that it may be.

^ Look at the non-inverted loop supports. Different on Tempesto than on the other models. Stretched ride indeed.

Actually, I think the complain for it being a clone is not that you can already ride it on two differents locations already ; those are indeed far apart so it's not a problem. But -to me at least-, it's more like a lack of reflexion from Busch Gardens. They choosed a ride from a catalogue, bam, done. That's a bit easy for a park that otherwise is very original and uses its setting very well (yet Griffon is almost a clone too).

About the harness, they said in the video that it was for comfort only and did not mentioned any disabled people access... So was that only a rumor?

Edited by KingRCT3

^ Yeah, I think that's the main problem. It's a good coaster and I love the concept, but people expect more from a quality park like BGW. I like the coaster (well, except the otsr). Actually, my main concern here is the capacity. Seems too low for this park. Btw, anyone knows how much does this coaster costs?

The ride experience itself looks like it will be decent. Launch with forward & backwards action. It's definitely an improvement on the Mauer Sohne skyloop, as it doesn't have that awful part where you hang upside down coming off the lift.

It is shoehorned in and cut trees out of a part of the park that doesn't have a lot of them. That whole area was sort of a congestion point anyhow with only one way out and in and it will be worse now.

But the only main issue is capacity. Is it correct they were considering a transfer table and went the cheaper route? A Mr. Freeze type transfer table with 3 car trains would have made the capacity bearable. No major park should have 1 train coasters these days with the technology that is available. Even shuttles!

I can believe it. Superman is pretty intense in the back seat and that's only row 6, you guys will have 9 rows to choose from and I'm betting row 9 is gonna be where it's at.

The only bummer is the OTSRs, but they seem unassuming enough from the photos.

I can get where the complaints are coming from, but honestly, if you had to get a clone, this is the clone to get! I think you guys will appreciate it a lot more once it opens.

Agreed. Also, B:TRs are clones and they are 2nd in my top 3 B&Ms with #1 going to S:KC @ SFFT.

True but those wouldn't make sense for BGW because of Alpengeist.

Batman The Ride is flawless to the point that I wouldn't mind it if my home park (SFGAm) decided to drop another one right across the midway from the original.

Or if they burninated Superman Ultimate Fluff and planted one in it's place.

The ride experience itself looks like it will be decent. Launch with forward & backwards action. It's definitely an improvement on the Mauer Sohne skyloop, as it doesn't have that awful part where you hang upside down coming off the lift.

It is shoehorned in and cut trees out of a part of the park that doesn't have a lot of them. That whole area was sort of a congestion point anyhow with only one way out and in and it will be worse now.

But the only main issue is capacity. Is it correct they were considering a transfer table and went the cheaper route? A Mr. Freeze type transfer table with 3 car trains would have made the capacity bearable. No major park should have 1 train coasters these days with the technology that is available. Even shuttles!

I also wish they'd gone with the dual-loading station, but I think they were concerned about increased technical issues. As for the trees, well, most of them were sandwiched between Apollo's Chariot and a number of buildings, outside of guest areas, anyway.

It's definitely an improvement on the Mauer Sohne skyloop, as it doesn't have that awful part where you hang upside down coming off the lift.

I personally quite like the part where your hung upside down under at the top of the lift for the pure reason of how weird and stupid it is. Ive only been on one Skyloop and it was really dumb but a lot of fun. I couldn't say how I think this would compare but I'm sure it will be a fun yet not amazing ride.

^It will be one of four actually as one is being built in Mexico this year as well.

I feel like most people are butthurt that it isn't a B&M strata looper wingrider launched coaster.

I think parks (excluding Cedar Fair) are realizing that you don't have to drop 30 million on a beemer to thrill guests. I mean just look at Lightning Run for instance, I love this new era of less is more

I was at the park for a few hours yesterday and caught a few Tempesto test runs. I remember some concerns about the color scheme of the train "matching" that of the track and supports, but I think they look good together (they don't "clash" at all). They did some more work on the entrance plaza, too--more signage and strings of lights (which give it a "circus stunt show" feel) and a test seat. All in all, it's shaping up nicely.

Edited by cfc

Tempesto looks like a ton of fun. We'll absolutely be going down there to ride it this summer.

so are we. . and meant to be!. . it opens on my Bday.

tho we won't be there until mid June

^You can see some of it from Apollo's Chariot. There's a small entrance plaza with a flag pole and some planted areas. They've also strung some "old-fashioned" lights. The entrance looks like a wooden "half-pipe." They have an onride photo stand, too.

^You can see some of it from Apollo's Chariot. There's a small entrance plaza with a flag pole and some planted areas. They've also strung some "old-fashioned" lights. The entrance looks like a wooden "half-pipe." They have an onride photo stand, too.

Wonderful, it should look great when it is all done and ready to go. Can always count on Busch to never disappoint in that department.