TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

Beef brisket burnt ends hash - that alone would be worth the visit. And those cupcakes were unreal when we tried them last year and I am not a person that normally does sweets.

As far as that woman yelling at the older park employee on page 187 - she is the polar opposite of what one would call an elegant, sophisticated, attractive woman. That's about as 'play nice' as I could come up with.

Although Robb's description of 'bitch' nailed it pretty well...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-epcot-innoventions-west-closing-20150320-post.html

The Innoventions West attraction at Epcot will be undergoing changes this spring, Walt Disney World has confirmed.

"We've reached the end of our sponsorship agreements with the exhibitors in Innoventions West and will temporarily close the space in early May to begin preparing for a new experience," a Disney spokeswoman said Friday.

All three of the current tenants will leaving and will be replaced, she said. A number of exhibits have rotated through the park's Innoventions buildings over the years.

Exhibits set to exit now include Think, presented by IBM, The Great Piggy Bank Adventure, presented by T. Rowe Price, and Where's the Fire?, presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Disney has not yet identified replacements for Innoventions West, which is just southwest of Epcot's iconic attraction, Spaceship Earth.

Current Innoventions East exhibits include Sum of All Thrills (Raytheon), StormStruck (presented by Federal Alliance for Safe Homes), Habit Heroes (Florida Blue and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield), Vision House (Green Builder Media) and Take a Nanooze Break (Cornell University and the National Science Foundation).

I'll be sad to see Where's the Fire leave. I hear it's pretty awesome after drinking around the world, right Larry?

I was about to post the same thing? I believe this incident occurred right before you slept it off in First Aid.

The Disney Parks Blog has an announcement about a Tomorrowland Sneak Peek! Take a look.

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

posted on March 26th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

What if there was a place … a secret place where nothing is impossible?

You wanna go? Well, soon you can, when Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland” makes its debut in theaters. In the meantime, visitors to Tomorrowland at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort can catch an exclusive preview of scenes from the movie.

tomorrowland54fa25d19980e.thumb.jpg.3ab3dae1a6038ac89b31d35f19a455a5.jpg

For a limited time, a sneak peek of “Tomorrowland” will be presented with special in-theater effects at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot and the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park.

Directed by Oscar® winner Brad Bird and starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney, “Tomorrowland” tells the story of a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen who embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. “Tomorrowland” features a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen.

The Disney Parks-exclusive “Tomorrowland” sneak peek begins in mid-April at Epcot and Disneyland park. With every second that ticks by, the future is running out, so be sure to take advantage of this special opportunity before “Tomorrowland” opens in theaters on May 22, 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I had the chance to stop into Epcot to check out the new Tomorrowland preview that has taken up residence in the former Magic Journeys/Captain EO/Honey, I Shrunk the Audience/Captain EO theater. Interestingly enough, the theater has been renamed the Magic Eye Theater, which was actually the name of the theater when the Imagination Pavilion first opened with Magic Journeys in 1982. The new preview for the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures film features an extended look at the film's revival of the 1964 World's Fair before quickly taking a turn towards a very different setting via clever segway through a notable Disney attraction... With in-theater effects and some fantastic on-screen content, I really loved this preview and I highly recommend it for anyone visiting the park!

IMG_8473.thumb.JPG.64c31ce67543afb2823add8aecfbcca2.JPG

Well this is different...

IMG_8476.thumb.JPG.817fcdd8460d07af6aa11f790f1d8b02.JPG

Changes are afoot...

IMG_8477.thumb.JPG.922ea9efede44205a5f18d08c5eefd39.JPG

Looks nice though!

IMG_8478.thumb.JPG.2732967649ab609fa400d24b5e347f8f.JPG

I like the look of this!

IMG_8479.thumb.JPG.e80e3ac5cefa0f8bdc3a9bc837582f7c.JPG

This too!

IMG_8480.thumb.JPG.57ce6fd310630bf396bdb2c4e978e3d4.JPG

No more Captain EO...

IMG_8482.thumb.JPG.4472d89679875eb0d5375e47043039cc.JPG

The Magic Eye Theater is now home to a preview of the upcoming film Tomorrowland.

IMG_8483.thumb.JPG.b7eafb2bc44751d742a9c9a51b03dafa.JPG

This fails to mention that there are in-theater effects including wind, light, water and motion.

IMG_8484.thumb.JPG.c27c7103227e0918eecc0fe4a5a6834b.JPG

Time to head inside!

IMG_8485.thumb.JPG.ce1b916162fa5078c7ddffb2cc1e2d30.JPG

The old Captain EO lobby has been updated for the new film.

IMG_8489.thumb.JPG.1e0cdc95fa000df432b4006d1329d75f.JPG

The wall mural shows off concept art from the film including this lovely gem!

IMG_8490.thumb.JPG.9832c83022a68b426b98d2ffebba5544.JPG

The film's logo.

IMG_8496.thumb.JPG.64237176153a71ecf9f7b5ec5420a32d.JPG

The preview has a pre-show in the form of a stylized countdown clock and mini-featurettes with Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird discussing the film and its influences.

IMG_8500.thumb.JPG.f90010ec52e9db9cebe1f9436e712567.JPG

What we're here for...

IMG_8509.thumb.JPG.2362873367bc3d5e272addb3ebae4a4d.JPG

The pre-show really takes a moment to focus on the heritage that inspired the film.

IMG_8514.thumb.JPG.e1f23274d5cf35843650a89549e8e111.JPG

These two just "get it."

IMG_8515.thumb.JPG.7f0adc723cef9dc2cf68697f84ade167.JPG

I seriously love it!

IMG_8518.thumb.JPG.80fb793ab096979c3ac92ba03fc02ff0.JPG

Like I mentioned above, the preview is fantastic. The scenes recreated (and embellished) from the 1964 World's Fair gave me chills (as did the in-theater effects) and I couldn't stop smiling. The film looks amazing, but if you're on the fence, make sure to check out the preview to tip you to the proper side!

IMG_8519.thumb.JPG.13d95743dcada96b5328f69c7920c6eb.JPG

Since I was at Epcot and the International Flower and Garden Festival is still going on, I had to stop in for a few of my favorites from this year's food options... The Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash is my favorite entree on the menu this year... So I picked up two!

IMG_8521.thumb.JPG.ef8432636f69ac3f068b6500c0cf487c.JPG

China has my favorite drink with the Kung Fu Punch and my favorite dessert with the Beijing Strawberries!

IMG_8522.thumb.JPG.caf55142a12b027588f67c7546edf392.JPG

Leaving World Showcase I noticed these neat pieces of art on the construction walls in Norway teasing the Frozen additions coming soon...

IMG_8523.thumb.JPG.ab4903bf07e9b411d661e54f790f2765.JPG

Very nice!

IMG_8524.thumb.JPG.11c96f3a155686313845612f92d1811f.JPG

Very Maelstrom-esque...

The Tomorrowland trailers really haven't don't anything for me to make me want to go and see the movie but I know some people are going crazy for it. Im looking forward to Inside Out a lot more. I do love the Frozen teasers though. I can't wait for that ride to open so i can plan my next visit out to Orlando.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/exclusive-sneak-peek-of-disneypixars-inside-out-coming-to-epcot-this-summer/

Have you ever looked at someone and wondered what’s going on inside their head? Disney•Pixar’s original new film “Inside Out” takes us inside the mind to find out, and this summer at Epcot, you can go inside “Inside Out” for a special preview of the movie. This sneak peek will offer guests an advance look at a sequence from the film, complete with special in-theater effects and an exclusive introduction from the filmmakers.

“Inside Out” ventures inside the mind of 11-year-old Riley and introduces us to the Emotions that guide her: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger and Disgust. Based in Headquarters, the five Emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy (voice of Amy Poehler), whose mission is to make sure Riley stays happy. “Inside Out” is directed by Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (“Monsters, Inc.”, “Up”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Up”) with an original score by Michael Giacchino (“The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “Up”).

This sneak peek opportunity begins May 30, following our special preview of Disney’s “Tomorrowland,” playing at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot now through May 24. When visiting Epcot, you can also enjoy the “Inside Out” Emotion Garden as part of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.

Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out” opens in theaters on June 19, 2015.

iodiod846991.thumb.jpg.abe6a29156f4c3eaafa794804db995ec.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/american-music-machine-arrives-at-epcot-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

There’s new music in the air this week at the American Adventure pavilion at Epcot! A five-member, contemporary a cappella group has made its debut at the America Gardens Theatre.

American Music Machine brings a vibrant musical energy to the stage, with performances that convey the global influence of American popular music. The group’s repertoire includes a diverse range of contemporary and classic American pop hits, all presented in a unique style created by ground-breaking vocal arranger Tim Davis, whose previous credits include the hit TV series “Glee.”

Look for American Music Machine at the America Gardens Theatre, Wednesday through Sunday each week, beginning April 29.

AMB74577582.jpg.c3f59770f48c25d8f41983ba7740fd9d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Idk what it is...but from my trip yesterday to Epcot...I was completely bored out of my mind.

First off...Soarin' is great! Glad to see they are adding an extra theater!

Next...I haven't been on the new test track before yesterday and I wasn't too impressed. Yes designing your car is cool and everything is tron like looking...BUT the queue and the exit were just kind of blah to me. I kind of miss the older version of the entrance and exit but welcome the new modern stuff. With that said...a lot of things didn't appear to be working such as the screens to display throughout the ride which car won basically.

The Universe of Energy...BORING. WASTE OF AN HOUR.

Mission Space...I will never go on this again...well at least the Orange Side. I had the biggest headache for the rest of the day after this ride and I just didn't feel well.

Imagination with Figment...umm...I had no idea what was going on but it was very weird. This is in need of a replacement.

Sum of All Thrills was only running one robot arm...therefore the line was huge!!! Oh and all of Innoventions was basically closed too.

Spaceship Earth had no air conditioning whatsoever.

Nemo is cool but I'd prefer the Little Mermaid or the Haunted Mansion.

World Showcase is always neat to look at. That was probably the best part.

The whole park left me in a state of just boring. IMO they need some more rides and some removed. I believe Universe of Energy, Imagination with Figment, and the Old Body Wars area needs to be removed. Innoventions needs some updating (which it seems they are doing). Also, maybe fit in a bigger attraction like Crush's Coaster in Nemo Area

Overall very underwhelmed.