WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:17 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I would bet that the word "Studios" was intended to confuse people. So people would go to the Disney park and not leave property. As for the new name, I'd bet Disney Hollywood Adventure.

It was built specifically to compete with Universal Orlando, since Eisner was at Universal when UO was under construction and wanted to counter it.

My guess is that Studios remains in the name, since so many of the attractions are tied to movies or television.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 am

Disney's Movie World? Or they could do like Prince did and change the park's name to some kind of symbol and we can call it the Park Formerly Known as Disney Hollywood Studios Which Was Formerly Known As Disney/MGM Studios.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Disney's Wonderful World of Movies
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Disney's Wonderful World of COLOR Movies

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Disney Hollywood Adventure?

Fixed.

And :nina:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby IrishCasual » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 am

:
bert425 wrote:it will be called "Frozen: Anna and Elsa's Haus"

:p

:nina:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:03 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/frozen-summer-fun-live-returns-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-june-17-september-7/

It’s shaping up to be the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort, and one of the biggest highlights of the season is sure to be the return of “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with favorite characters, unforgettable music, delightful enhancements and immersive experiences.

This summer-long special event features a full day of “Frozen” fun from park open to park close, including a royal procession, a sing-along celebration, fun photo opportunities, “Frozen” merchandise, specialty food and beverage offerings and a grand finale fireworks spectacular.

• Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!”
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
  • Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
  • “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
  • “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow!

“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE starts June 17 and continues daily through September 7 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Who’s going?
FPL706111.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:05 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Well since they are moving all the Frozen stuff towards the center of the park, it seems that construction will be starting soon on the left side of the park. And the snow area isn't going to be there this year, which is sort of a bummer.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:53 am

No surprises that Frozen Summer Fun is returning for a second year, considering the still insane popularity of everything thats got to do with Frozen. I'm very glad they extended it through September last year so that I got to experience it, because I had an absolute blast. And Frozen Fireworks were amazing! Heres my video from last years fireworks, will be interesting to see how it will be this year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 am

I'm not surprised they're beefing up the Frozen Sing-a-Long and moving it to a better venue. The show was a surprise hit and was still packing in the crowds last October.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!