TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

The full site leak courtesy of BGWFans! I cut out all the unnecessary stuff and left the juicy details.

Not too keen on the height requirement. Wish the shoulder harnesses allowed a lower height restriction.

Ride slated to open in April.

What's your daredevil name?

288887182_TempestoSiteLeakWatermarked.thumb.jpg.3b76b93beec87e463f3526adf8054930.jpg

^ Because that name actually means something that is a theme used for a lot of other coasters and would (somewhat) match the color scheme.

Ahh, you're right! I bet everyone's going to be confused and unsure about the theme of the coaster because the definition of a variant of the name is comparable to that of multiple coasters in a 3,000+ mile radius. How could they not have thought of that? Disappointing, I'm certainly not going to Busch Gardens this year after this.

So they can sit wherever they want, just like you.

This is a nice initiative from BGW for sure, there is not doubt about it. If only the transformation was not overlaping the interest of the other guests (even including themselves)... Less comfort, less thrill and above all, more waiting time (Granted the people will struggle with the harness).

I only wish they'd done it right. How so? 100% custom trains that is, not a frankenstein monster that will -I say it again- truly decrease the capacity of that already low-capacity ride.

Sure it would have been more expensive to make a custom designed train, but hey, life is unfair and everything has a cost. Or better yet, they could have picked another manufacturer at the start.

Disabled people can't ride about 80% of the coaster on Earth (just a guess). I don't think they will mind that much if they can't pick any row here (plus the train is relatively short, so the experience is about the same).

Disabled people can't ride about 80% of the coaster on Earth (just a guess). I don't think they will mind that much if they can't pick any row here (plus the train is relatively short, so the experience is about the same).

Might as well say disabled people don't have feelings or opinions either. Wow. Doesn't hurt to be happy for someone else.

An acceptable option would be a dual loading station, but that obviously is not in the plan. So for now, be happy that some army vet might be able to ride, and pick his seat, just like you.

Let's also remember that 99% of guests will not know there is a lap-bar only version of the ride on the west coast. Which to me means that Busch is not reducing anyone's experience except enthusiasts, but enhancing the experience of the park's disabled guests. In all, a commendable thing to do and a great PR move.

The full site leak courtesy of BGWFans! I cut out all the unnecessary stuff and left the juicy details.

thumb_tempesto_site_leak_watermarked.jpg

Wait, does that say a "high speed inversion"? I always thought that the low speed of the inversion was one of the best parts.

By the way, my daredevil name is "Crazy Tight Rope", I don't get it.

My name is Fierce Slingshot...

That is by far the worst "name generator" thing I've ever seen. I vote for Tempesto's word filter to be changed to "Oopsy YOLO".

I gotta give Magic Mountain credit for making a better name generator than Busch Gardens.

Let's also remember that 99% of guests will not know there is a lap-bar only version of the ride on the west coast.

Don't forget the line will be a lot longer too. And no matter what, people hate waiting.

... right, so then they'll upgrade to a skip-the-line pass.

Take it from me... "Loopy Ouch", this ride will very likely increase in-park spending. If there's one thing Loopy Ouch knows it's how to increase in park spending.

Loopy Ouch Out!

My name is Fierce Slingshot...

That is by far the worst "name generator" thing I've ever seen. I vote for Tempesto's word filter to be changed to "Oopsy YOLO".

I gotta give Magic Mountain credit for making a better name generator than Busch Gardens.

Meet "California Colossus," baby!