TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

I just found this, posted at Screamscape.com .....

(3/19/15) Curious to know what the Tomorrowland Jet Pack Ride may look like? You can read through the actual patent Disney filed for the ride system starting back in 2008. https://www.google.com/patents/US7854660?dq=disney+jet++pack&hl=en&sa=X&ei=u7sJVfn9FoSvogStkILgCw&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ

According to the images, the two-person Jet Pack cars wont spin on a vertical axis, but instead may be able to pitch the riders forward quite a bit to experience a semi-flying style posture. There may also be some kind of 'Lift Off" effect sequence that happens at the start of ever ride, where the Jet Packs could use smoke / fog, lights and sound effects to simulate a rocket style lift-off sequence.

LOL, I sent them that link yesterday when they posted their article! I am very excited to see a new version of the rockets and I hope they do come state side.

Doesn't sound to comfortable for men with its whole Acrophobia-esque style of standing up with no floor. Still looks pretty cool though and a step up from the ride at all the other Disney parks.

Maybe they'll sell Disney-themed athletic cups as a tie-in product.

Doesn't sound to comfortable for men with its whole Acrophobia-esque style of standing up with no floor. Still looks pretty cool though and a step up from the ride at all the other Disney parks.

Maybe they'll sell Disney-themed athletic cups as a tie-in product.

I have the feeling they will make it still like a "seat" and the rider's legs will dangle.

Then more visitors will be able to ride it, rather than having to stand up, sort of.

We'll find out, soon enough.

db_2015_0318_JetPackPat11alt.jpg.630fd56b50b7c271e7e9a5b16e3ac7d6.jpg

Yeah, from the drawing, it does look like the riders are in some kind of seated position.

I think it would be fun if Shanghai got a Guardians of Galaxy ride at some point, since HK is getting Iron Man.

I'm sure that Disney is evaluating every IP in relation to its popularity and familiarity in China.

^ That's why I'm personally not planning to go there until "maybe" 2020.* Let everything settle in, and work out the bumps and squeaks (sorry Mickey) in the resort. They might have even added another attraction by then, too. And I just remembered, HKDL won't be opening their Iron Man Experience until 2017. And then, there's all that stuff going on around TDLR...

*Unless TPR goes there before I do, lol.

HKDL won't be opening their Iron Man Experience until 2017

I will swear this up and down until I'm proven wrong, but The Iron Man Experience is going to be the old Body Wars simulators with a new film.

I agree with a previous poster and will probably go around 2020. I mean, HKDL wasn't exactly amazing when it first opened up either. There were not enough rides and TOO MANY PEOPLE.

I know for sure it will be full and crowded every day for at least a few years after opening.

I'm very interested to see what it will be like with the China-copy park right next to SDL. It's said to be even bigger than Disney.

I'm super excited to see all the new stuff they'll be doing!

LOL, I sent them that link yesterday when they posted their article! I am very excited to see a new version of the rockets and I hope they do come state side.

Put this ontop of the old Rocket Rods platform, and Tomorrowland instantly has a new popular thrill ride.