Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 127: Havana Nights at The Edison details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 pm

I think the most shocking thing is Planet Hollywood managed to stay in business so long. Glad to see they are cleaning it up to better match the look of the new DtD.

Postby Wes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:29 pm

If Planet Hollywood has to get rid of its tacky decorations, I wonder what's going to happen to T-Rex Cafe and Rainforest.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 am

^I think it's a much different level of tacky. Rainforest's Volcano and outdoor 'lush atmosphere' at least fit with a theme and look decent. Same with T-Rex. PH looked like something from the 80's that faded during the 90's and was never fixed.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm

^In other words, it fit right in with the rest of the old DtD!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:21 pm

So glad PH is getting a makeover. It's about time. Can't wait to see the finished product. Disney never disappoints.
Bigger is not always better.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby halltd » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Wes wrote:If Planet Hollywood has to get rid of its tacky decorations, I wonder what's going to happen to T-Rex Cafe and Rainforest.

I am interested to see what is done with the outside of T-Rex. That fake foliage painted on metal on the "back and sides" of the building is going to be the front on all sides in the new design (or at least three). I really hope they do something to it. The front works fine, but the other sides need work.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/print-edition/2015/03/06/planet-hollywood-s-redesign-a-new-look-new.html

Planet Hollywood's Robert Earl knows he has the perfect chance to grow his restaurant brand's image with the planned redesign going on at Disney Springs.

Earl, the Orlando-based company's founder and chairman, thinks Disney Springs has opened the door for his company to target more business, as well as re-theme itself into something that keeps some of its classic movie look while adding a small-town feel.

For example, Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs' Hollywood globe will be transformed into a large observatory, and the eatery will feature multiple new hangout spots for guests, such as bars with a starry night feel.

The redesign should be done in 2016.

Here, Earl discusses the plan:

How were you asked to redesign your location in Disney Springs? Disney came to me and said, "We will give you the opportunity for a new lease, but we want you to be a part of this new project," which hadn't been named Disney Springs at the time. They showed me this whole vision where someone could walk through day and night to eat and shop, and they told me they chose to start the flow of Disney Springs' spring right at the base of our restaurant site, and I thought that was great.

Why bring an observatory feature to Planet Hollywood? Disney Imagineering found out that observatories were unique buildings that counterbalanced those types of towns in those days. So we concluded it would be a transformation of the globe shape.

What's going on inside that globe? The concept of dining amongst the stars always has been my pitch related to celebrities with movie clips, trailers and memorabilia. Then I saw this sort of double-play on it where the guest could be inside the observatory that would show both type of stars — the solar system and celebrities.

What else is happening during the redesign? They have given me two new spaces that will become a terrace and an outdoor bar where we will have live entertainment called Stargazers.

Does it open a bigger opportunity for new business? Yes, we will aim for the larger, higher-spending attendees around Disney and Orlando. Our building seats nearly 700, but if it's a standing event, we can do a larger number.

So has it been fun to rethink this? Well, except for my checkbook strains, it's been fun. The excitement for me also comes from what's happening at Disney Springs. The implications are enormous .
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/two-restaurants-expand-as-downtown-disney-evolves-into-disney-springs-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

PDS759245.jpg

Look for big changes at Planet Hollywood and Paradiso 37 at Downtown Disney, with Paradiso 37 wrapping up its expansion in summer 2015, Planet Hollywood in spring 2016.

Paradiso 37’s expansion capitalizes on its beautiful waterfront setting. “We’re nearly doubling the seating, adding more terrace dining, a new outdoor performance stage and expanding to add a greater presence on the new Disney Springs promenade,” said Rashid Choufani, chief executive officer of Paradiso 37.

The menu, a “Taste of the Americas,” will continue to offer a culinary tour of North, Central and South America, with popular dishes including ceviche, jalapeño burgers, Argentinian skirt steak, whole crispy chicken and Chilean-style salmon. Beverages include wine, beer, and specialty rum and tequila cocktails inspired by the cuisine. (The restaurant takes its name from the 37 countries in the Americas.)

Paradiso 37 will remain open while undergoing renovations.

Planet Hollywood gets a complete makeover – you may not recognize the place as it’s transformed into a four-story stargazing observatory to match the design aesthetic of Disney Springs. While the exterior is turn-of-the-century, the interior will feature spherical, planet-shaped lighting fixtures and stylish finishing to create a welcoming atmosphere for fans to celebrate a new generation of superstar entertainers. And the memorabilia from movies stays, a perfect fit to “Dine Amongst the Stars.”

A new outdoor terrace and outdoor bar space called Stargazers will feature live entertainment while music in the main dining room will include a DJ. Favorites remain on the menu, but look for new tastes too, and a trendy beverage menu – everything from milkshakes and smoothies to wines, bottled and draft beers and cocktails.

Check back for more details!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:54 am

Saw this on Twitter

Pic.jpg

I had no idea the scale of the Disney Springs project. This is so huge!

Here's more

Pic.jpg

Pic.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

Wow! :shockr: It's the size of a theme park, all by itself!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!