Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I will be there with friends on the 14th... we all should gather for lunch or something.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Man, opening day is sneaking up really quickly. Just two weeks. I plan to be there as well to get a big photo update of the new area. If I see any TPR shirts I'll be sure to introduce myself.

By the way, the colors and theming of Fireman's Landing are turning out really, really good. It's this excellent blend of fresh and exciting while still being maintaining an authentic-ish feel. I really like the colors on the refurbed balloon ride. I'm still wondering if the new play area will be as neat as the old one since they have so many issues to work around regarding ADA and such, but I think the little kids in my family will still have a blast.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Time to dig my Club TPR shirt out. Hope it isn't too cold on the 14th.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Greg1990 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm also planning on being there the 14th.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby disneyfreak1986 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
disneyfreak1986 wrote:Thanks for the info! I read on here and on the park's website about the Trailblazer pass. Should I invest in one for the day since we're going on opening day (3/14)? And yeah, we're planning on going to the Titanic museum as well as attending Dixie Stampede one night!
I think the Trailblazer pass is all personal preference. We have never gone to the park on opening day just because of the fear of it being ridiculously busy. Some people will tell you not to get Trailblazer pass, and some will. Again, it's just personal preference. We don't like waiting in lines so we usually do get it when we go to the park. However, on the busiest day we have ever seen at the park the wait times never went over an hour for anything. (aside from Outlaw Run) And most of Outlaw Runs extended wait was due to down time. if you have the money to spend, and don't like to wait in line buy the Trailblazer pass. Is it necessary? No. If you have a full day at the park you should be fine even if it is super busy.

Also in regards to the Trailblazer pass we always buy the unlimited pass. The 8 time is just not for us. Especially if you plan on riding the coasters several times each. So if you do decide to get the passes I would highly suggested unlimited. However, if you're getting to the park at opening then I would just play it by ear. See how busy the park is and buy the passes that day if they are needed. There is really no need to buy them in advance unless you just want to.

Thanks! That helps me out a lot in determining whether on not to buy the pass! We're going all day (weather permitting) and I guess the best thing is to play it by ear!

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 pm

The 10 day forecast is saying it will be 60 degrees and 20% chance of rain. PERFECT theme park weather.

Shorts and T Shirt for me! Can't wait! So ready for this trip!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:23 am

It looks like media day was today, I wasn't even paying attention. Here are some photos: http://www.ky3.com/news/local/21048998_31733746

This place turned out even better than I thought. I really, really appreciate how they made it a natural extension of the city. Even though it's full of rides and attractions, it feels thematic and fun to be around even if you aren't doing any of the kid stuff. Such a huge improvement stylistically over Geyser Gulch, and so, so much better than the way the Grand Expo was handled.

The indoor area looks a lot better now that it has all the decorations in place too.

I'll see you guys there Saturday morning.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MisterP » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Looks like opening weekend is gonna have some great weather, especially on Sat and Sun. Wish I was going...

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Howdy Partners, today Silver Dollar City hosted a media event for the opening of their all new 8 million dollar expansion, Fireman's Landing opening this Saturday!

Set to open March 14, Fireman’s Landing substantially increases the park’s attractions, adding 10 family adventures in all. The new area has six family rides and four interactive play zones for kids and families in a highly themed area, saluting the spirit and training activities of community volunteer firefighters. The area, with theming recognizing the contributions of community heroes who serve as firefighters, is an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair. The storyline creates the atmosphere of the rides serving as “training” adventures for recruits and community heroes – all seeking to become part of the Silver Dollar City Fire Brigade.

This theming has historical background to the internationally-awarded theme park (founded 1960), as the 1880s town Marmaros, once located on the site of Silver Dollar City, was burned to the ground by a blaze more than 100 years ago. “Now fast forward to the fictional story for Fireman’s Landing, where the citizens share a desire to band together to prevent such an event -- to be ready with volunteer recruits who have trained to test their preparedness,” said Brad Thomas, General Manager of Silver Dollar City. “The message carries that everyone can give back through volunteerism and community spirit.”

10 Family Adventures

Fireman’s Landing expands into a new previously undeveloped region of the park, adding 10 family adventures -- six family rides and four interactive play zones. The development brings the number of the park’s rides and attractions to over 40 and increases ride capacity to over 21,000 per hour.

Centered around the headquarters of “Fire Station #3,” rides include FireFall, an 8-story fire tower free-fall drop ride for the more daring recruits; Fire Spotter, with soaring balloons for spotting fire dangers; Fire Wagon Frenzy, a bouncing ride for bucket brigade volunteers; Lucky’s Dizzy Dogs, a bouncy ride on Dalmatians racing around a fire hydrant; Up The Ladder, a smaller tower drop ride for junior recruits; and Fireman’s Flyer, a low-flying swing ride for little firefighters.

Attractions include Firehouse Splash Yard, with squirting water jets and pump hoses for outdoor play. Inside Fire Station #3, enclosed and temperature controlled for season-long comfortable play, are Firefighter’s Fire Drill, with buckets, pumpers, foam ball cannons and targets for showering mock fires; Firefighter’s Fire Escape, an obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides, and Firefighter’s Junior Fire Escape, a soft play area for toddlers.

Kids can meet the Fireman’s Landing official chief rescue dog Lucky, a costumed character that encourages new recruits to have fun and be ready in the firefighters’ tradition of neighbors helping neighbors.
SDC Fireman's Landing.jpg
Welcome to the all new Fireman's Landing!
SDC FL FireFall.jpg
Re-purposed from Celebration City, Firefall has been re-themed and looks amaazing!
SDC FL Up The Ladder.jpg
Up The Ladder is a smaller tower drop ride for junior recruits at Fireman’s Landing
SDC Fireman's Landing kids pledge.jpg
Branson Fire Chief Ted Martin and Lucky the Rescue Dog welcomed everyone!
SDC FL Lucky & Abby.jpg
Hi Lucky!
SDC FL Station 3.jpg
Inside Fire Station #3 we find Firefighter’s Fire Drill, with foam ball cannons for showering mock fires.
SDC FL Firewagon Frenzy.jpg
Southern Stone County Fire Protection District Chief Dave Gyger rides Fire Wagon Frenzy

Fireman’s Landing opens with the park this Saturday, March 14!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!