TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

The Hub is just the area in front of the castle at the end of Main Street. In the past, it would become really congested during parades, fireworks, and other shows, and walking through was difficult because of the crowds. The Hub is being opened up to provide a larger viewing area and more paths for people to get around.

They've had one in TDL since the park opened, so I am a bit surprised it took them so long to do it with MK in WDW. Or did crowds really amp up in only the last couple of years to make a move, now possible?

Just curious. It looks great, by the way.

Was coordinating this morning and since it was slow I took a walk up there and see the new hub. I actually really like although I do wonder if they're going to change the whole hub to brown? Right now one half is brown and towards the castle is green

The pavement is all changing from red to beige and the lamp posts/railings are changing from green to brown. They've only finished the southern half of the hub. They still have the center and northern sections left to do.

Was at the park last night to see the other half of it. The whole area looks FANTASTIC! I went and I touched the grass and it seemed just fine. I think I'd rather have it be astro-turf than real grass anyway because real grass ends up just being more 'dirty' and kind of gross.

Here's a few pics from last night:

Fountain 1:

B-_Fqy1WoAAF4_f.jpg

Fountain 2:

B-_Fqy1XIAAD-HD.jpg

Here's a few more pics:

B-_G7OpWwAA7qv_.jpg

B-_G7OoXAAASHM6.jpg

B-_G7ThWoAA5yyW.jpg

B-_G7YTXIAA9vhH.jpg

For those of you complaining the other night, yes the sign has been fixed. Have some faith in Disney!!!

B--6eK7WwAATipJ.jpgB--6eK6WwAAVUbu.jpg

And a few more random pics because... why not?

B-_Cl5WW4AAcsmY.jpg:large

POW!

B-_AXrEUQAI39Sx.jpg:large

Ooooh! Space Mountain lights on!!! Ooooh!

B--7qV5VIAA7ry-.jpg:large

I have new found appreciation for this!

Got to meet the girls!!!

B-_TXGWXIAAOURS.jpgB-_TXGVWwAABGCL.jpg

B-_TXGsXEAAMCBH.jpg

B-_TXIUXIAABkNx.jpg

B-_ifF-XIAAcygb.jpg:large

Love walking around the parks when they are this empty!

Edited by robbalvey

The Walt Disney World Resort has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming "Coolest Summer Ever" including a new 24-hour event at the Magic Kingdom Park and the return of Frozen Summer Fun at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”

To announce the 24-hour event and the cool summer season, Disney today brought to life a warm summer scene inspired by Olaf’s dream, creating a 20-foot-wide beach complete with a Cinderella Castle made of sand in the middle of winter-weary Boston.

Surprised pedestrians near historic Faneuil Hall were greeted by Olaf and joined by playful beach-goers in summer attire with beach chairs and beach balls – all reminders of an exciting season of fun ahead at Walt Disney World Resort and a welcome relief from the city’s near-record snowfall approaching nine feet.

24-Hour Kickoff to Summer Travel

Memorial Day weekend is the traditional start of family vacation time, and Walt Disney World Resort will launch into the season full force. The Magic Kingdom will be open 24 hours to guests from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23*. Guests will be invited to come in costume** to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.

The around-the-clock celebration features Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.

‘Coolest Summer Ever’ Brings Excitement Throughout Walt Disney World Resort

During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.

Among the highlights:

• Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.

• Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

• Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.

• New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.

• Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.

• A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.

For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

image.jpg.ee0f5ec8975c16b0705d26205b508072.jpg

I like the concept of 24 hour events for WDW. Since the majority of WDW guests are on vacation, having the park available for a full 24 hours means they can really enjoy their day without the constraints of worrying about the park closing!

Robb and I did the "Extra Magic Hours" thing at MK last month from 1:00 to 3:00 am, and there was almost no one there. What were crowds like in the wee hours of the morning when they did this "24-hour" bit last year?

I'd really like to take advantage of the 24 hour day...and try to ride every ride at WDW in one day. I wonder if anything closes down at MK during the AM hours.

Every Ride at WDW or just Magic Kingdom? I'm thinking the latter but you never know!