TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

Speaking of being disappointed about IoA, I just found out that DD will be closed when I am there later this year (May 13-16), as will Ripsaw Falls, which has been closed for a loooong time.

I would change the date, but since everything (airfare, meals, tickets, hotel) is being paid for by AAA, I can't change the dates. I guess all I can do is hope that the painting goes super fast.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of being disappointed about IoA, I just found out that DD will be closed when I am there later this year (May 13-16), as will Ripsaw Falls, which has been closed for a loooong time.

I would change the date, but since everything (airfare, meals, tickets, hotel) is being paid for by AAA, I can't change the dates. I guess all I can do is hope that the painting goes super fast.

There just might be a chance It might be open by then (Don't quote me on that) Track has been spotted near the ride and all the exterior work looks done, Although there Is talk of them modifying the final drop (Taking out the plunge) So I really can't say.

Although the 'Seuss trolley-train ride' should be open (Again, don't quote me on that one)

And where did you find out about DD being closed?

^Well, I've already been to both parks, I just need a few credits there (both at USF, and Pteranodon Flyers). Plus, it's already paid for by AAA.

I really hope they don't mess with Ripsaw Falls, it was fantastic last time I rode it.

DD is going to be down from April 23rd to June 4th; this is from the DD webpage on the IoA website. I'm guessing that they are painting it or doing some sort of train rehab.

http://www.universalorlando.com/ioa_attr_dd.html

They're supposedly taking out the hill after the final drop on Dudley due to injuries, which completely sucks. Hopefully the least they do is overhaul the theming. That's the ride's major weakness. Without the drop's intensity, it won't have much at all.

^ They aren't. Universal simply retracks Dudley's drop every single year. This rumor is brought up every year also, when they retrack. It will be the same as always.

No, this is not normal. It has a winter rehab every year; but it was only re-tracked once or twice. And even that didn't last this long. And I've gotten confirmation from Uni team members that it's being changed in some way.

Whatever's going on you can bet your life that something WILL be changing, Whether Its the logs or the drop.

I think It Is very possible that they are redoing the drop, They have had lots of complaints concerning injuries on the ride, A little girl even cut her head.

Not to mention the fact that theres scaffolding under the mine shack.

Whatever's going on you can bet your life that something WILL be changing, Whether Its the logs or the drop.

I think It Is very possible that they are redoing the drop, They have had lots of complaints concerning injuries on the ride, A little girl even cut her head.

... the hell?

There was little changed on Dudley when I went about a week ago. While the logs may be changed, I highly doubt that the drop is going to be changed in any significant manner. Now I don't have any "reliable souces" like some of you, and I don't live right next to Universal, but I for one have faith in Universal. They won't change it. (Of course, this is all speculation...)

There was little changed on Dudley when I went about a week ago. While the logs may be changed, I highly doubt that the drop is going to be changed in any significant manner. Now I don't have any "reliable souces" like some of you, and I don't live right next to Universal, but I for one have faith in Universal. They won't change it. (Of course, this is all speculation...)

I'll take my sources over your faith & doubts, but that's just me I guess. And I don't know what you were looking at, but I can gaurantee you wouldn't be able to see what's being altered unless you were A.) on the ride or B.) one of the crew working on it. Seeing as the ride is closed and you don't work for UO, there isn't much to observe.

Day 6: Disney-MGM Studios

We got to MGM our last day and we were pretty worn out. We went right to Tower of Terror and it lived up to its hype!

- Tower of Terror (8/10)

This ride really took me by surprise. The drops were much more intense than I figured they would be. And they keep dropping you. I thought, wow, that was awesome, and we'd drop again. Truly one of Disney's best.

Then I headed right for Rock n' Rollercoaster.

- Rock n' Rollercoaster (6.5/10)

This ride was pretty cool. But actually, after the launch, it seemed to really slow down, and it didn't help that I was in the front car. But still, a very cool ride.

I had alot of fun on this whole trip. It definitely made me want to go back. The whole place is just awesome. I'd give anything to actually be able to work there. Thanks for pushing through my Trip Report! There's some more stuff over at http://www.coaster101.com if you wanna follow up.

100_2203.JPG.59fd2286073b1c06f9a042075724568c.JPG

100_2201.JPG.f1972a9795a95f63d47733ab29f2fadc.JPG

Ooooohhh.... Creepy....

100_2199.JPG.4c6fcbd3409e64a821d8a618e90a1c28.JPG

100_2197.JPG.25c32504ba1df7275005e2da4e289897.JPG

100_2207.JPG.7b34e7bcc46ae0ed39826d17750c3910.JPG

100_2195.JPG.a078754db9cf7ebf63d4ab204da03c79.JPG

100_2206.JPG.a2a0b689b7ec4c6102030d0393e47553.JPG

Great Movie ride was cool

100_2205.JPG.b4b0645a8d9fae7ca08b7f415c5fdb26.JPG

100_2192.JPG.a95ae0a64164e9c2fc88057d8e92a3cd.JPG

random palm tree's