Ghost Town In The Sky Discussion Thread

P. 27: Park under contract with period of due diligence
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Ghost Town In The Sky Discussion Thread

Postby screaminkid2005 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:48 am

^ Or a 250ft star flyer! :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:29 am

cfc wrote:They should install an S&S Shot Tower on the cross and call it "The Rapture." ;)

And set it to maximum power and have it fly off the top RCT-style for a true rapture-experience! ;)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:34 pm

If this place isn't going to be restored/updated to a better version of the original Ghost Town, it just needs to be put out of it's misery. Sorry, combining religion/spirituality with an amusement park (to this degree) is not going to be a good mix for a solid business plan. Ms. Presley would be better off to save her money & get out.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 am

Maybe Sally can come up with a "Save the Sinner" shooting dark ride for them: "Find the sinner, then blast them with the Holy Spirit with your Crucifix Gun!"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby gromithere » Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 pm

I don't fully know why, but for some reason I have been intrigued with the drama around this park for about the last ten years. Just curious if anyone else has recently followed the struggles this park has had?

The most recent plans for the park were to rebrand it as "Ghost Town Village." There seemed to be conflicting reports as to whether there would still be ANY rides.

This morning, I saw a facebook post from the park saying that they would not be open this year, but that post has since been removed. Anyone have any insight?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 am

gromithere wrote:I don't fully know why, but for some reason I have been intrigued with the drama around this park for about the last ten years. Just curious if anyone else has recently followed the struggles this park has had?

The most recent plans for the park were to rebrand it as "Ghost Town Village." There seemed to be conflicting reports as to whether there would still be ANY rides.

This morning, I saw a facebook post from the park saying that they would not be open this year, but that post has since been removed. Anyone have any insight?

The place is run by a 90+ year old woman who's wealth was obtained probably with the death of her actually successful husband umpteen years ago. Assuming the best case scenario where Alaska Presley takes excellent care of herself, she's probably still dealing with diminished mental faculties and I legitimately doubt she has any insight herself.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Wily J » Thu May 19, 2016 8:45 am

Here's a link to their new website: http://www.ghosttownvillage.com/home.html

Says they are opening June 1st.

Looks like it'll be the chair-lift ride; 3 zip lines; a 'county fair' level with carnival rides; and the 'village' which looks to be part old west town and part flea market.

No mention of the coaster or any religious make-over.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 19, 2016 8:50 am

Here's a story from a few days ago saying June 15th. The website says June 1st and as has been mentioned, yesterday there was a post that has since been deleted saying it wouldn't open at all. I saw the post too.

If I were a betting man I'd bet on the last option. There's no way in hell this place will open this year.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Wily J » Thu May 19, 2016 9:13 am

^ I'm guessing you're right- they don't seem to have their act together, do they?

Oh well, while I root for small, independent parks to succeed, this one might be FUBAR.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:38 pm

I visited the park after it's big revival in the mid 2000s and had an absolutely amazing experience. Obviously with the thrill rides gone this experience is diminished to some extent, but the chair lift and property alone are worth the visit. I really wish they had success with that reopening because it was a fun and super unique classic park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!