The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1538: Knott's 100th Anniversary & Bear-y Tales announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Gnome » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 am

The layout is fine and pulls some decent g's. What the ride really lacks is a good drop and some snap into some of the transitions like in the cobra roll. I think if SB had a great bear style drop and that snap it would be ranked significantly better. But it complements the park well and it's a solid inverted coaster.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

OPENING DATE FOR VOYAGE TO THE IRON REEF ANNOUNCED!

Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to announce the opening date for its ground breaking attraction, Voyage To The Iron Reef. The brand new interactive 4-D ride will surface on May 15, 2015!

Never-before-seen footage! See the first glimpse of the mysterious forces that lay beneath the Boardwalk by watching this short clip.

Voyage to the Iron Reef will be a spectacular new interactive 4-D attraction for the entire family. Save Knott’s from mysterious creatures emerging from the seas beneath the Boardwalk in a cutting edge media-based battle. Through enchanting underwater forests, disorienting ocean current tunnels, and mysterious mechanical wreckage, high definition 3-D animation will surround guests at every turn.

Guests who have what it takes to become brave deep sea navigators will climb aboard submarine-inspired ride vehicles and embark on an adventure into the Iron Reef that combines the fun of a theme park ride with the interactivity of high tech video games. The submarines will navigate 600 feet of track and 11 colossal scenes featuring hundreds of media-based creatures and live action special effects.

The interactive voyage features a different experience every time and reacts to the actions and accuracy of the guests onboard. Riders will aim their freeze rays at ballooning mechanical puffer fish, an iron clad octopus and other exciting 3-D creatures as they compete against their friends and family to blast the most sea life and save Knott’s from a watery doom. The number of creatures taken is digitally displayed onboard and in the undock area – players with the highest score will be entered into the Iron Reef’s Hall Of Fame.

More information and updates regarding the spectacular new interactive 4-D attraction are still to come in the weeks and months ahead, please stay tuned!

Join the conversation by using #KnottsIronReef

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:35 pm

The rendering of the sea creature looks rough...but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now in assuming Knott's just told the company "send us something for a promo...we don't care if it isn't finished" like they do for movie trailers.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm

That rendering does seem a little "unfinished", but that doesn't matter to me. I'm sure this ride will be GREAT! Hopefully I'll get to go on opening day--or at least very close to it.

Also, my 1000th post!
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby singforfood » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Well, so much for the work rumor mill.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:37 am

It's always good to see a new dark ride coming to a park, and I'm looking forward to checking out Iron Reef.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby chrisalex » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 am

YESS! Great, will visit Knott´s end of May.
Perfectly timed opening.
Looking really forward to see the new ride.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:48 am

No idea when I might get back to CA, but I do want to check this out. Nice to see a new dark ride being added to the park.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 am

I will be heading up to Cali this summer and I am certainly looking forward to this.

I rode Wonder Mountain's Guardian in the summer and I actually found it to be quite fun so I have my expectations high for this ride as I assume that it will be a step up.
Is this a trick question?

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 am

The video made me laugh. :lmao:

Yeah, let's hope that's just a quick-rendering... I'm really not a dark-ride fanatic... I ride them, but don't go out of my way for them.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!