Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 pm

I heard that rumor as well back in the summer from the park itself.. Employees said that sfog is one of the only parks that haven't had the backwards trains yet and they felt it would be their turn in 2015

I have already been telling my friends to watch for it so I hope it ends up being true!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 pm

With their new ride being down in that area as well, having Namtab will draw more people to that area of the park to help introduce it to the GP. Kinda makes sense.

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:16 pm

VF15 wrote:Saw this rumor on Screamscape that SFOG might run Batman backwards this year.

I have also heard a rumor about that from Coaster Studios.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:29 am

Havoc to Begin as BATMAN: The Ride Turns BACKWARDS

Six Flags Over Georgia Debuts Thrilling New Experience for Park Opening

AUSTELL, Ga. — January 23, 2015 — Chaos, mischief and havoc will unfold at Six Flags Over Georgia, as the park announces BATMANTM: The Ride BACKWARDS. This limited-time only, all-new ride experience will debut on Opening Day, March 14, 2015.

“We are excited to offer our guests an incredible and gravity-defying ride on one of the park’s most popular attractions,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties park president Dale Kaetzel. “This twist is the first of several new experiences coming this season to Gotham City.”

BATMANTM: The Ride, inspired by DC Comic’s iconic Super Hero, opened at Six Flags Over Georgia in 1997 and has given more than 16 million thrilling rides. Now, guests will face an entirely new adrenaline rush featuring:

- A blood-pumping reverse view as the coaster towers up the 10-story lift hill BACKWARDS;
- Hair-raising speeds of 50 miles per hour BACKWARDS;
- A staggering 2,700 feet of track BACKWARDS;
- Daunting maneuvers through a daunting zero-gravity roll, corkscrew turns and vertical loops BACKWARDS.

Later this spring, Six Flags Over Georgia will unveil two new devious attractions in Gotham City, featuring the DC Comics Super-Villains The Joker and Harley Quinn:

THE JOKER Chaos Coaster – Face off with 23 other riders, rocketing seven stories in the air, soaring through a bedlam of loops, suspended upside-down for a ravaging thrill;

Harley Quinn Spinsanity – Experience the thrill of spinning, twisting and rolling through a cycle of classic family fun.

Six Flags Over Georgia will open for the 2015 season on March 14 and operate on weekends through May 17. The park will be open daily for Spring Break from April 4-12. Daily park summer operation begins Memorial Day weekend.

Season Passes are now on sale for as low as $59.99 with the purchase of a four-pack or more. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia for pricing and hours of operation.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:34 am.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightnin Loops » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am

the backwards batman trains that SF has been sending from park to park, do they have 2 backwards trains? or is one still run forwards, and one is backwards?

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby screaminkid2005 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:17 am

^ Both are backwards.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:50 am

I hope this means Gadv may be getting Namtab for the second half of the year then? lol

Makes sense SFOG is getting it first since their Super Loop is going in their Gotham City area, and will attract more people to the area.
Last edited by boldikus on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am

^ That's what I was thinking, too.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

Don't know if the other new attractions will be open by Easter, but I look forward to giving this a try (kind of.) The downside is, if I hate it backwards, one of my favorite rides in the park is kind of out for me. The upside is - Mindbender is right next to it!!!

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:50 am

I probably won't try it. I don't handle riding backwards very well. Every time I ride Invertigo at Kings Island for example, I get super dizzy and pretty nauseous, never to the point of puking, but still feeling pretty bad. You can catch me marathoning Mind Bender like always. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!