TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ghost Town In The Sky Discussion Thread

Cliffhanger, instead of Magic Flyer, will be the new ultimate credit whore coaster for a lot of enthusiasts. Not meant to offend anyone and sorry if I do, this park is like a North Korea rebuild if they change Jesus into Kim Jong Un.

Hopefully Cliffhanger will be closed or relocated, that way I won't have to decide to go or not.

Cliffhanger, instead of Magic Flyer, will be the new ultimate credit whore coaster for a lot of enthusiasts. Not meant to offend anyone and sorry if I do, this park is like a North Korea rebuild if they change Jesus into Kim Jong Un.

Hopefully Cliffhanger will be closed or relocated, that way I won't have to decide to go or not.

Seriously, I'm trying to contain my laughter here at work! This is absolutely brilliant, and it's very true.

• 2 months later...

Is anybody surprised by this news (from Screamscape):

Park News - (1/20/15) It looks like we may never get to see just what the planned Holy Land / Resurrection Mountain plans would be at Ghost Town in the Sky. According to Screamscape sources the park has been quietly put up for sale now, with the asking price set at a cool $3 million.

So the question is... is there a new potential owner out there with $3 million in their pocket with the vision and experience to turn Ghost Town in the Sky back into a serious attraction?

Truth or just rumor? I'm leaning toward the former.

Edited by cfc

Two items:

1) apparently everything at Ghost Town in the Sky will be torn down and "Resurrection Mountain" will be built in its place.

Wow, that video is incredibly painful to watch.

The part where they say you can drink of the vine sounds promising.

For $3 million this property could be a steal for someone with a legitimate vision. I could see it becoming a great retreat/summer camp, or some type of resort.

I'm glad the Resurrection Mountain idea died early. While it would have been mildly entertaining to see that crash and burn, it's better this way for everyone.

I feel like this property's best chance is to convert it into a resort with added attractions as amenities for the resort. The limited access and limited appeal of the former Ghost Town in the Sky concept coupled with the lack of functional rides have really killed this park's chances of operating entirely as an amusement park.

• 3 weeks later...
Presley wants to take part of the old steel roller coaster and create a huge cross to place on top of what she calls “Resurrection Mountain.” Presley wants the cross to be the tallest in the western hemisphere.

Sacrilege!

(I think)

Presley wants to take part of the old steel roller coaster and create a huge cross to place on top of what she calls “Resurrection Mountain.” Presley wants the cross to be the tallest in the western hemisphere.

Sacrilege!

(I think)

They should install an S&S Shot Tower on the cross and call it "The Rapture."

If this place isn't going to be restored/updated to a better version of the original Ghost Town, it just needs to be put out of it's misery. Sorry, combining religion/spirituality with an amusement park (to this degree) is not going to be a good mix for a solid business plan. Ms. Presley would be better off to save her money & get out.

• 1 year later...

I don't fully know why, but for some reason I have been intrigued with the drama around this park for about the last ten years. Just curious if anyone else has recently followed the struggles this park has had?

The most recent plans for the park were to rebrand it as "Ghost Town Village." There seemed to be conflicting reports as to whether there would still be ANY rides.

This morning, I saw a facebook post from the park saying that they would not be open this year, but that post has since been removed. Anyone have any insight?