Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Moose » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:51 am

cfc wrote:Never understood why so many enthusiasts complain about it; of course, complaining is what many coaster enthusiasts do best. ;)

Agreed!

It's fun and smooth. Not every coaster has to be the fastest or have all sorts of inversions to be a good coaster but that is what I feel any enthusiasts want. I loved cheetah hunt. Was it my favorite coaster ever? no, but it was fun.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 am

Put me in the camp of those who really like Cheetah Hunt. Yes, their trio of B&M's are better coasters, but I have come to really appriciate the lesser intense coasters that are just pure fun. Also my tolerance for re-riding intense coasters has been somewhat reduced over the last few years, and then coasters like Cheetah Hunt are perfect. I can understand if it was marketed as the star coaster of the park, but it's not and with the other coasters that BGT have it helps balance the offerings of the park.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 am

My general thought process is that if you're the kind of person who can't enjoy riding Cheetah Hunt, you probably should find a new or different hobby.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 am

DirkFunk wrote:My general thought process is that if you're the kind of person who can't enjoy riding Cheetah Hunt, you probably should find a new or different hobby.

:nina:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 pm

I love Cheetah Hunt just for its all out fun. I took my parents to BGT for the Christmas buffet at Crown Colony , (which was fantastic for only 16 bucks btw. )But the real story here is that right afterwards we went to Cheetah Hunt. My father is 81 and mom, well, you dont ask a lady her age, absolutely loved it. It has all the right elements for just a fun and very re-rideable coaster. My partner and I wanted to do the drop tower but the line was too long and Mom said no way.so we skipped it. But to my surprise Mom and Dad went back 2 days later just to ride the drop tower but by the time they got there it was down for the day. So they just did Cheetah again . It goes to show, one is never too old and a fun ride is just fun.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:22 pm

^ oh, and btw, we rode Sand Serpent and my parents thought that it was the lamest mouse coaster they ever rode. In case anyone thought they weren't real coaster nuts. :)

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 pm

DirkFunk wrote:My general thought process is that if you're the kind of person who can't enjoy riding Cheetah Hunt, you probably should find a new or different hobby.

This. For what Cheetah Hunt was supposed to be it's a freakin Homerun.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Coaster19 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Amen! Thank you for posting that! I don't understand people that comment negatively on that ride!!
...make today a glorious day, you never know who you will influence...

Just Another Life Experience

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 am

It isn't even "for what it is supposed to be" thing. It is, as close in my mind as exists, to an objectively good ride. If you don't enjoy barreling through the canyon portion at high speed, swinging through those banked curves, what are you doing continuing to pour money down the black hole of theme parks? If this is directed to you and you find that insulting, it only is if you want it to be. But do something else. Ski. Whitewater rafting. Scuba. Get a old Mazda Miata and drive recklessly at a club track. Something with a higher adrenaline threshold than roller coasters, because obviously this isn't for you any more.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:00 pm

This just in from Busch Gardens Tampa...

LAST CHANCE TO RIDE GWAZI

Tampa, Fla. (Jan. 9, 2015) – February 1 is the last day for thrill seekers to ride Gwazi® at Busch Gardens® Tampa as the park prepares to permanently close the wooden rollercoaster.

Gwazi opened in 1999 as Florida’s first dueling wooden rollercoaster, providing guests with thrilling and memorable experiences for more than 15 years.

“No decisions have been made about what lies ahead for Gwazi or for the future plans of that area of Busch Gardens,” said Park President Jim Dean. “But, we are always looking for ways to enhance guests’ experiences, so stay tuned for more news.”

Plus, be the first to know about future announcements by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com, or “Like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page and follow @buschgardens on Twitter and Instagram.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!