TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Sweet update! I'm super excited for Battle For Metropolis and it looks like it could potentially be the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride yet! Do you think it might come to other parks in 2016 or later? Great Adventure could sure use a dark ride to replace the abandoned 3D movie/simulator theater

I saw it mentioned that they decided against making the ride a 2 level indoor attraction (like Transformers is) and instead went with building an addition making the attraction one level. Any idea what the upper portion of the Building will be used for? There has to be a lot of space.

When Rockin Rocket first arrived at SFOT it was decorated to look like a space shuttle. I remembered the ride from the previous year at Astroworld. I really believe it was the same machine. We also received "Crazy Legs" from Astroworld and the Large Fiberglass guns on Gunslinger.

The one from Georgia had the same space shuttle theming. I forgot about Crazy Legs. I also remember hearing that the Scrambler from AW was supposed to go to OT, but was damaged in transport. The one that went in near Titan was the one that had previously been on the Air Racer/S:TOP pad.

Sweet update! I'm super excited for Battle For Metropolis and it looks like it could potentially be the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride yet! Do you think it might come to other parks in 2016 or later? Great Adventure could sure use a dark ride to replace the abandoned 3D movie/simulator theater

I'm sure it's a real possibility depending on how well they do at SFOT and SFSL, afterall Six Flags has in the past placed identical rides at multiple parks.

I saw it mentioned that they decided against making the ride a 2 level indoor attraction (like Transformers is) and instead went with building an addition making the attraction one level. Any idea what the upper portion of the Building will be used for? There has to be a lot of space.

From looking at those pictures and touring the JLBM construction at SFSL, the walls in Texas are just a lot taller than St. Louis. It seems like instead of making the individual scenes in the ride shorter with two levels, they just expanded the footprint with taller walls. However, I could be wrong, and I'm sure there are some high parts of the building that won't be used.

I'm sure it's a real possibility depending on how well they do at SFOT and SFSL, afterall Six Flags has in the past placed identical rides at multiple parks.

Talking to the Six Flags St. Louis Park President Dave Roemer, part of the reason why SF chose to build two for 2015 was to split the production cost of the 3D film. While I don't know the future of any park besides SFSL, based on the price of that 3D video, I would definitely expect SF to take advantage of their investment by installing the ride in other parks.

Talking to the Six Flags St. Louis Park President Dave Roemer, part of the reason why SF chose to build two for 2015 was to split the production cost of the 3D film. While I don't know the future of any park besides SFSL, based on the price of that 3D video, I would definitely expect SF to take advantage of their investment by installing the ride in other parks.

That makes sense. I hope the ride's a hit, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

And we will gladly accept their tax revenue to continue refurbishing the infrastructure near the park.

Oh boy and they will show up in bunches! And Buckeye fans(the ones that are able to go to all these bowl games) will shell out the money! It's a win-win for everyone!

One thing I noticed when I was at the park last month, was very few on ride photo cameras were functioning. Texas Giants weren't working at all while Titan only took photos of the last three cars. Anyone have an explanations for that? Seriously confused

One thing I noticed when I was at the park last month, was very few on ride photo cameras were functioning. Texas Giants weren't working at all while Titan only took photos of the last three cars. Anyone have an explanations for that? Seriously confused

From what happens at GADV, I would guess it wasn't the cameras not working but the a problem with the photo system or even the photo kiosk just being closed for the day. For Titan, that sounds likes the monitors displaying the first three cars may have not been working. That's just my guess though haha I don't know too much about the ride pictures department.

---Judge Roy Scream rehab---

---New wood stack on 1st and 2nd drops---

Regular wood track or RMC topper track?

Yep, looks to be the normal 8-layer stack. Looks to be only 7 on there right now, just missing the top ply. I didn't think this park had a carpentry team still on staff after the Texas Giant conversion.

I didn't think this park had a carpentry team still on staff after the Texas Giant conversion.

Why would you think that? The structure of NTAG is wood and still requires a similar daily inspection to what it required before the conversion. Judge still has to be inspected and maintained on a daily basis and there are a number of other rides with wood structures that need regular attention (MIne Train, Mini Mine, the flume ride). Not to mention the dozens of buildings in the park that require repair from time to time.

I can't remember a year in recent memory that Judge didn't see some type of replacement of structure or track in the off season. Unfortunately, corporate doesn't give them much to work with in the way of money for Judge, but the park knows how to make it count.

Did anyone hear about the fire at the park on Saturday? The small utility building at the train crossing next to Daffy Duck Blasters caught on fire and burned to the ground on Saturday morning. Luckily, there were plenty of off-season staff on site and it was caught quickly and extinguished before spreading. The building had likely been there for nearly 40 years and had once held pumps for the fountains and ponds that ran under Big Bend. The ponds were all filled in last year, so it was only housing a generator and some electrical panels for the kiddie rides.