Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby chadster » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 am

If you haven't been following TPR on twitter, you missed out on last weeks progress on Justice League: Battle for Metropolis! Crews have been busy pouring concrete, clearing out the old Rockin' Rocket, putting up walls, and finishing off the addition to the ride building.

Do you have what it takes to save Metropolis?

image_10122.jpg
The carcass of Rockin' Rocket has been removed.
image_10123.jpg
By the construction lights is the ride unload platform. It's location and the need for a queue made it necessary for the Rocket to meet it's maker.
image_10124.jpg
But really, is anyone truly complaining? Between Sally, Oceaneering, Alterface, and Pure Imagination, JL:B4M promises to be the best dark ride built to date.
image_10125.jpg
image_10126.jpg
You can see here that walls are going up
image_10127.jpg
3D is on it's way.
image_10129.jpg
The crews are working hard to ensure the ride opens as scheduled this spring.
dsc_0568.jpg
The is the load platform.
dsc_0567.jpg
Crews were installing the final forms needed to complete the front of building expansion.
dsc_0569_1.jpg
Inside the building walls are going up that will separate the various scenes
dsc_0576.jpg
This is the building expansion that sits above the reservoir pond for Roaring Rapid. As you can see interior construction is moving right along.

Roaring Rapids will re-open in 2015 once construction is complete.
image_10130.jpg
Finally from the back, the building addition is just about closed in.
news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg
In no time at all we will be battling Lex Luther and The Joker to save Metropolis!

Who's as excited as we are?!

Some photos courtesy of Six Flags over Texas

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Texascoaster89 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:18 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^ For Titan's case, it is nearly impossible. They can't build an unload platform on transfer track or the main brake. One possible solution could be turning the turn before lift hill into loading platform.

Yeah, sorry I didn't specify, that was my thought as well, just extend out the entrance and what is the loading platform can become the exit. It was only a thought is all for some fun :lmao: If you'd like another thought to ponder, I've always thought they could totally revamp the entrance. I would like to see a permanent entrance by Titan or that temporary thing they build sometimes by La Vibora to actually become a thing. Then just re-do the whole entrance area of the park and the entrance territory to be more spacious, could maybe a fit a new ride if they tried hard enough.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Anyone know if this is the one that used to be at Magic Mountain?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:04 pm

^it was the refurbished Space Shuttle from Astroworld. I believe Magic Mountain's was scrapped.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:28 pm.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby bigboy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:18 am

Take it with a grain of salt, but I had always heard that none of the rides added in 2006 came from Astroworld. I remember being told that SFOT's looping starship came from SFOG. I'm pretty sure theirs (like AW's) was removed after the 2005 season, so it's certainly possible that one ended up in Arlington.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Sweet update! I'm super excited for Battle For Metropolis and it looks like it could potentially be the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride yet! Do you think it might come to other parks in 2016 or later? Great Adventure could sure use a dark ride to replace the abandoned 3D movie/simulator theater
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:59 pm

I saw it mentioned that they decided against making the ride a 2 level indoor attraction (like Transformers is) and instead went with building an addition making the attraction one level. Any idea what the upper portion of the Building will be used for? There has to be a lot of space.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby TexasParkman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 am

When Rockin Rocket first arrived at SFOT it was decorated to look like a space shuttle. I remembered the ride from the previous year at Astroworld. I really believe it was the same machine. We also received "Crazy Legs" from Astroworld and the Large Fiberglass guns on Gunslinger.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby bigboy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 pm

The one from Georgia had the same space shuttle theming. I forgot about Crazy Legs. I also remember hearing that the Scrambler from AW was supposed to go to OT, but was damaged in transport. The one that went in near Titan was the one that had previously been on the Air Racer/S:TOP pad.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 pm

p-sychiatrist wrote:Sweet update! I'm super excited for Battle For Metropolis and it looks like it could potentially be the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride yet! Do you think it might come to other parks in 2016 or later? Great Adventure could sure use a dark ride to replace the abandoned 3D movie/simulator theater

I'm sure it's a real possibility depending on how well they do at SFOT and SFSL, afterall Six Flags has in the past placed identical rides at multiple parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!