TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

^Being a little generous, sir. If dozens would've visited them, they would've had a fighting chance at staying in business.

Oh, I would say there were easily more than a dozen people there when I visited the place. They were all waiting for the Led Zepplin: The Ride pre-show to begin.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Time Machine and Max. RPM would stay stateside, (my wish would be Kentucky Kingdom), but that's unlikely. As long as they get used again and do not get scrapped or left to rot I'm ok with anything. It was hard to get my pic in front of TM in 2012 watching it go to waste.

Led Zeppelin may very well be the most impressive looking forgettable B&M I've been on. The ride has lots going for it - two vertical loops, straight drop, great setting in front of the water, and it was just dull and forgettable. Not to mention a little rattly and a bit rough.

I'm actually just fine with it going to Vietnam because if it went to a park in the states that means it would take the place of said park potentially getting a better ride.

Led Zeppelin may very well be the most impressive looking forgettable B&M I've been on. The ride has lots going for it - two vertical loops, straight drop, great setting in front of the water, and it was just dull and forgettable. Not to mention a little rattly and a bit rough.

I'm actually just fine with it going to Vietnam because if it went to a park in the states that means it would take the place of said park potentially getting a better ride.

I agree. At least the Vietnamese will (probably) not have to suffer through that pre-show.

I agree. At least the Vietnamese will (probably) not have to suffer through that pre-show.

I really enjoyed the pre-show (probably because I really like LZ), but I did not enjoy it in 100 degree weather the day we visited. But dozens of rides on Nights in White Satin made up for that. Damn I miss that ride.

^ I actually didn't mind the pre-show itself, but what I minded was sitting through a (what seemed like) 10 minute pre-show while they were cycling empty trains because NO ONE was at the park, and we were made to watch the pre-show EVERY TIME we rode. Yeah, no thanks.

I really enjoyed the pre-show (probably because I really like LZ), but I did not enjoy it in 100 degree weather the day we visited. But dozens of rides on Nights in White Satin made up for that. Damn I miss that ride.

Nights in White Satin was the best ride there.

I'm bummed I never got to try Nights in White Satin. I wish they were able to salvage that ride and put it somewhere else, even if it's Vietnam or Darien Lake. The name of this thread should be changed to the Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Demolition Thread btw.

I'm glad that I didn't visit this park. Once I saw the video and photo trip report that Robb posted when they visited it, I felt like that was enough for me. There are far better parks to waste time at and I'm glad that I have those hours of my life that I didn't visit this park. True, some of the rides looked "interesting" but nothing that looked like anything to write home about (except the Moody Blues dark ride.)

Too bad a really bad hurricane didn't blow through that area this year and just blow the buildings down...that would have helped the demolition progress!

Jimmy "Hard Rock Cafes are better than a park" Bo

Having to watch that pre-show a dozen times was crazy annoying, as was seeing the empty trains rolling by. On my second visit they actually let people walk straight through the room if they chose, which was much better. The drop on Zeppelin is great, but after the cobra roll it was forgettable. And there was DEFINITELY some misalignment of the piece of track after the midcourse, the whole train shuffled diving into that helix.

I think it had potential...it wasn't bad, it's just that the themeing was only on the surface and they didn't do anything to overcome the terrible location.

I recall that the park had pretty good food, too, but really slow service.

Edited by cfc

I think it had potential...it wasn't bad, it's just that the themeing was only on the surface and they didn't do anything to overcome the terrible location.

THIS! Had the park been located in Las Vegas, or hell, even in Orlando with as crowded of a theme park market it is here, it would have had a much better chance of survival. It also didn't help that all of the coasters were not memorable. Really, the only really stand-out ride in the park was Nights in White Satin.