Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby cwgator » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am

^It's time for it to come down. It's been neglected for years, especially since A/B sold the parks. It would probably be cheaper to tear it down and start all over than to completely overhaul. It's also not that big a surprise....it's been rumored to close for quite awhile now.
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am

"Save Gwazi, the Greatest Ride Ever" campaign to start in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . ;)

They'd be better off making Gwazi into a picnic area than staffing it as a ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am

According to that rumor (and I should stress that it's a rumor though Screamscape seems really confident in this one), there are no plans to tear it down... just to close it and leave it there. That's the part I don't really like... I'm all for removing this horrible death machine.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 am

By sitting there management probably means removing it very little at a time until the have the finances to do a large deconstruction. I hope in the future they decide to put an ass-kicking mega-lite or RMC there.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:37 am

Look how long Son of Beast stood SBNO at Kings Island. So enjoy the big wooden lawn ornament at BGT for a while. In the wake of the big company management shakeup it may be a while before anything new is greenlit for construction.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 am

http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm#General

Screamscape sources tell us that GWAZI will be the latest item cut from the company budget. I’m told that the last day for guests to ride GWAZI will be Sunday, February 1st, 2015. After that it will silently close, but don’t look for it to be demolished anytime soon... as that will cost money that the park doesn’t have. Instead Gwazi will sit as a silent sleeping giant until the park is ready to redevelop the site for a new future attraction. I have reached out to the park for an official comment on this, but so far have heard nothing back to officially confirm this. So for now, it is a rumor, but you’ve got a few weeks left to get your last rides in before GWAZI goes extinct.

UPDATE - Screamscape has confirmed with Busch Gardens Tampa that they do plan on closing GWAZI on or around February 1st, 2015. The exact date may change between now and then however, but the park does plan to make an official announcement with a confirmed final date near the start of the new year.

Gwazi is closing for good shortly after the new year begins... Get out to Busch Gardens Tampa ASAP if you care to ride what is left of it one last time!

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:58 am

Leaving a giant wood coaster sitting in the center of the park rotting seems like a horrible idea, but I guess if you want to look for A/B doing this sort of thing, Drachen Fire did just sit there forever before getting cut up. I still think it sounds desperate.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 am

DirkFunk wrote:Leaving a giant wood coaster sitting in the center of the park rotting seems like a horrible idea, but I guess if you want to look for A/B doing this sort of thing, Drachen Fire did just sit there forever before getting cut up. I still think it sounds desperate.

You're being a bit unfair. They were actually trying to sell Drachen Fire to another park for some time, but there were no takers. A bald eagle also built a nest on the top of the lift hill, which means that the park couldn't touch it until the eagle and her young had left. After that, they sold it for scrap.

As for Gwazi, I propose a bonfire and smores.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 am.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:25 am

Well, there you go. Now that I've rationalized A/B's actions there I can basically just post "SMDH" about Gwazi standing for some unknown period of time because they don't have the money to knock it down.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby IrishCasual » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

cfc wrote:As for Gwazi, I propose a bonfire and smores.

^ I second this. Definitely! =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!