Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Texascoaster89 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 pm

-I'm behind a bit on here, but yeah they backed up the Dragster train in maintenance mode and loaded it. I was only surprised because I'm used to Six Flags methods. This occurred with Dragster about 4 hours after opening.

-No fooling on the stack out. I think I've complained on every season pass survey this season about not running 3 trains and how pathetic their operations are. It's sad really...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Linders wrote:A lady had a friend back out on her and got all freaked out because it was nighttime and thought the dead lady's ghost was out there.

What? That's just...odd. But hey, at least it worked out to your advantage!
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:25 am

Just so there is no confusion, Red train came out of rehab with 6 cars, in fact I rode it that weekend, in 'the' seat. The trains were shortened a few weeks later for undisclosed reasons.

My guess, they needed a part, and with the law suit going on, certain non-stock parts might be hard to come by, if you know what I mean.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TexasParkman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 am

We visited the Park on Saturday (Private Party). The Red and Blue Trains are being used- No Black Train to be seen. It was a great day at the Park- few people- no lines. It was a little "breezy"- otherwise much fun.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:13 am

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg

Sally Corporation's new action-packed interactive dark ride, "Justice League: Battle For Metropolis," is set to open in 2015 at both Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis. This thrilling new attraction will bring the world`s most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests as they fight to defeat two of the most feared villains in the DC Universe, The Joker and Lex Luthor.

B2vHINYCAAANGLp.jpg-large.jpeg
The Joker animatronic for the @SallyCorp @SixFlags Justice League: Battle for Metropolis 4D ride has been unveiled!

Last edited by jray21 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:19 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 am

Those animatronics got me more excited for this ride.

Postby chadster » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:03 pm

SFOT settles lawsuit with family over NTAG accident

www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/tarrant-county/2014/11/18/settlement-in-six-flags-roller-coaster-tragedy/19244163/

Six Flags Over Texas has reached a settlement with the family of Rosy Esparza. She fell to her death from the Texas Giant roller coaster on July 26, 2013.

Details of the settlement were not revealed.

The family's attorney said only they are very pleased and appreciate the condolences offered by Six Flags and the ride's manufacturer.

Postby chadster » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Better article:

BY BARRY SHLACHTER
barry@star-telegram.com

Six Flags Over Texas and the German roller-coaster maker Gerstlauer have reached a settlement with the family of Rosa Esparza, the 52-year-old woman who was killed when she was thrown from the Texas Giant in Arlington last year, the company said Tuesday. Terms were not disclosed.

“Our deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers will forever be with the Esparza family,” said Steve Martindale, president of Six Flags Over Texas. “We are thankful that all parties could reach an agreed settlement.”

“The Esparza family is very pleased with the settlement and appreciates the condolences offered by Six Flags and (German manufacturer) Gerstlauer,” the family’s lawyers, Frank Branson and Garret Chambers, said in a statement released by the park.

The settlement ends a drawn-out legal battle. Esparza’s family filed a lawsuit two months after the accident against Grand Prairie-based Six Flags Entertainment Corp. and three other Six Flags-related entities, as well as Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, the 60-employee company based in Münsterhausen. Six Flags and Gerstlauer filed cross claims, blaming each other for the accident.

All sides attempted to settle the case through mediation. It didn’t work, and a three-sided court fight ensued until Tuesday’s settlement was announced.

Esparza was thrown about 75 feet from the ride in the early evening of July 19, 2013, as her daughter and son-in-law sat in front of her. It was her first visit to the amusement park. The family’s suit said Esparza was upside down in her seat and holding on for “dear life” before she fell to her death.

Following the accident, the ride was immediately shut down before reopening in September after an investigation by Six Flags found no mechanical failure was involved. Six Flags added redesigned restraint-bar pads provided by the manufacturer, as well as seat belts, and began providing a coaster seat at the ride’s entrance so guests can test whether they fit safely into the cars.

Gerstlauer had alleged that Six Flags employees failed to properly secure Esparza and to stop the ride when operators thought the restraint bar was not in its proper position. For its part, Six Flags alleged the ride was defective and dangerous, and that it followed all the recommended operational and maintenance procedures as spelled out by Gerstlauer, even at the time of the accident.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/11/18/6299314/six-flags-settles-lawsuit-over.html#storylink=cpy

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BrandonR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Hmm, wonder how much the settlement was for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Linders » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:58 pm

^^ That is good news for both her family and SFOT. Closure.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!