Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Food and Wine is seriously the greatest event in the world. I'm so bummed I've missed it the past two years. Next year I'll definitely be heading out for it!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JEANY LASER » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:45 pm

I love Frozen and I can't wait to ride it! :mickey:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jimmiemac02 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Found this interesting tidbit today... I would much rather change its length.
nye.png

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 pm

What ride was he referencing?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Sounds like Ellen's Energy Adventure. I believe that's from Bill Nye's AMA on Reddit.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Time to make it "Ellen's Global Warming Adventure."

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Location: Freezing for the last time in the SoakZone at SeaWorld

Postby StuckInSD » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:12 pm

cfc wrote:Time to make it "Ellen's Global Warming Adventure."

... with an "Al Gore presents:" in front of it.
"I-Did-A-Dumb" Counter: 25

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/11/new-experiences-coming-to-holidays-around-the-world-at-epcot/

One of my family’s favorite traditions each year is to visit Epcot during Holidays Around the World, where time-honored traditions come alive through the sights and sounds of the countries of World Showcase. We enjoy learning about the customs of Hanukkah and Kwanzaa and listening to the tales of characters like the kind-hearted witch La Befana, whom I recall from the years I spent living in Italy as a child.

For the 2014 holiday season, new Holidays Around the World experiences in Mexico, Morocco, and China join returning favorites such as “Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season,” the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, and of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus.

In Mexico, guests will enjoy the songs and traditions of “Fiesta de Navidad,” featuring colorful dancers and mariachis, who celebrate the holiday customs of Mexico in an interactive, musical performance. A Moroccan storyteller invites guests to join her on a journey to experience the gaiety of festivals, holiday traditions, and celebrations that are like the “spice of life” across Morocco. And the China pavilion bursts to life with the vibrant Chinese Lion Dance, bringing good fortune and happiness to all in honor of major holidays such as the Lunar New Year and Lantern Festival.

I can’t wait to see it all! Holidays Around the World at Epcot starts November 28 and continues through December 29, 2014. Who else is going?
thuthu736991.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Now that the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 2014 is over, I thought I'd share a recap of all of the food items I tried this year... And there were a lot!
Bacon Hash and Yard Bird Farm Fresh.JPG
This year saw the addition of two new items at the Farm Fresh booth, the Bacon Hash and the Yard Bird, pictured at center. The dish on the far left is the Empanada from Patagonia (formerly Argentina) and on the far right is the Lamb Chop with pesto and potato crispies (crushed potato chips) from Australia.
Black Pepper Shrimp China.JPG
Here is the Black Pepper Shrimp and Noodles from the China booth.
Carrot Cake Hops and Barley.JPG
Also new this year was the Carrot Cake at the Hops and Barley Market. This was definitely not a traditional take on carrot cake with its melted cream cheese sauce versus a traditional cream cheese frosting, but it was amazing!
Cheese Bread Brazil.JPG
The Brazilian Cheese Bread was also a new option at the Brazil booth this year. It was a little too soggy for my taste, but there were others in my group that loved it.
Cheese Plate Hops and Barley.JPG
The new Cheese Plate at the Hops and Barley Market was also a winner!
Cheese Soup Canada.JPG
It isn't a trip to the Food and Wine Festival without some Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from the Canada Booth!
Conch Salad Puerto Rico.JPG
The new Puerto Rico booth brought several awesome new items, including the fantastic Conch Salad, which was light and refreshing!
Crabless Crab Cake Terra.JPG
The Crabless Crab Cake was the first item I ever tried from the Terra booth (vegetarian foods). The item was made with tofu, which I normally enjoy, but this didn't have any distinct flavor and the consistency was grainy in an unpleasant way. Definitely not my favorite thing I tried this year...
Creme Brulee France.JPG
The Sea Salt Caramel Creme Brûlée was a new take on the France booth's typical inclusion of a creme brûlée. It had a great flavor but the caramel came on a bit strong for me, so I couldn't finish it myself.
Cronut Refresment Port.JPG
The Refreshment Port (found between the Puerto Rico and Canada booths) now offers a take on the trendy Cronut (listed as a Croissant Donut). Do worry though! This item is still available despite the Food and Wine Festival being over!
Driskall Berry Waffle Belgium.JPG
The Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream is always a winner at the Belgium Booth!
Duck Bun China.JPG
The Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed Bun was a new item for the China booth, and definitely my favorite out of anything I've ever tried there.
Empanada Patagonia.JPG
The Empanada at Patagonia (formerly Argentina) has been a favorite of mine for years, and thankfully it continues to please!
Escargot Tartlet France.JPG
The France booth changed up its typical escargot preparation (formerly three snails served with a garlic sauce in mini brioche) for a new presentation. The Escargot Tart puts the snails in the same garlic sauce but carries it within a flakey, crumbling tart and tops it with bacon. The flavors were good as before, but the consistency and stability of the tart itself didn't really appeal to me as much as the brioche used to.
Filet Canada.JPG
The Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce is always a crowd-pleaser... And a great excuse to get more soup!
Fisherman's Pie Ireland.JPG
I've always been a huge fan of the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie at the Ireland Booth. Sorry there was a bite taken out of it before I took the photo. I was so eager to have it that I totally forgot to take the photo beforehand!
Grand Marnier Slush France.JPG
This one is kind of a cheat since you can get it year round, but I almost always pick one up when I'm enjoying the Food and Wine Festival. The Grand Marnier slush is a heavenly drink laced with delicious Grand Marnier cognac, and a must-have while at Epcot.
Grass Fed Beef Slider Farm Fresh.JPG
The Florida Grass Fed-Beef Slider from the Hops and Barley Market was good, but not amazing.
Griddled Greek Cheese and Spanikopita Greece.JPG
Two classic favorites from the Greece booth were the Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and the Spanakopita.
Gyoza Japan.JPG
It was my first time ever having Gyoza having missed them while in Japan. I seriously couldn't get enough of these things! These were my new favorite item out of the ENTIRE event!
Kerrygold Cheese Plate Ireland.JPG
The Kerrygold Cheese Plate from the Ireland booth is always a winner for cheese lovers like myself, especially for those mourning the loss of the Country of Cheese booth.
Lamb Chop Australia.JPG
The Lamb Chop from Australia is another one of my all-time favorites from the festival.
Lobster Alfredo Hops and Barley.JPG
The Lobster Alfredo from the Hops and Barley Market was another new item, but sadly it didn't impress.
Hand Roll Chirashizushi Japan.JPG
The Spicy Hand Roll and the Chirashizushi were both fantastic at the Japan Booth.
Mimosa Grand Morocco.JPG
I almost never get anything from the Morocco booth but the new Mimosa Royale sounded too good to pass up, and I was happy to find it was just as delicious as it looked!
Mongolian Beef Bun China.JPG
The Mongolian Beef Bun at the China booth was a returning classic and always worth a go!
Muffaletta Rolls Craft Brew.JPG
The new Craft Beers area in the old Odyssey Restaurant serves some cold, prepared food items including these Muffuletta Pinwheels. They were solid but I actually enjoyed the house-made pickles more than the pinwheels themselves.
Potato Pancake Scotland.JPG
The Fresh Potato Pancake with Smoked Scottish Salmon and Herb Sour Cream was a great start to my first time trying the Scotland booth.
Potstickers China.JPG
All for the Elissa... These potstickers from China are always a winner.
Rainbow Trout Canada.JPG
The Seared Rainbow Trout was also a solid returning food option for the Canada Booth.
Ribeye Taco Mexico.JPG
The Rib-Eye Taco is a solid choice for Mexico as well.
Rice Brew South Korea.JPG
The iCing Grapefruit Sparkling Rice Brew was an intriguing, delicious option from the South Korea booth.
Salmon Patagonia.JPG
The Roasted Verlasso Salmon from Patagonia had a great sauce and flavor behind it!
Scallop Scotland.JPG
The Seared Sea-Scallop with Spinach-Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon was also a winner!
Schinkennudel Germany.JPG
The Schinkennudeln at Germany has always been one of my favorites and continues to please!
Spicy Pimento Chese Dip Craft Brew.JPG
The Spicy Pimento Cheese Dip from the Craft Beers area really grew on me!
Supersized Grand Marnier SlushFrance.JPG
And if you find that you're adventurous (or addicted like I am), there is a new'ish option for the Grand Marnier Slush in France to have the drink super-sized with a double shot of Grand Marnier, served in a larger glass. It is the best.
Tostones San Juan Breeze and Aulani Sunrise.JPG
Here you see the Tostones from Puerto Rico (which were fantastic), the Frozen San Juan Breeze with a Don Q Limon Floater (AMAZING) and the Aulani Sunset from Hawai'i (also fantastic)!
Vegetarian Haggis Scotland.JPG
The Vegetarian Haggis from Scotland was comparable to a potato pancake, served with mashed potatoes and a rutabaga mash. A good option as well!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:03 pm

All in one visit, huh? :wink: Wow, all of the above looks wonderful!

I can't comment on any of it, because it all - looks - awesome!
(Even if a few things weren't to your liking.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!