TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ghost Town In The Sky Discussion Thread

It is definitely a shame to see this project once again hitting major roadblocks, but I think the lesson learned is that no grand opening date for a project of this scope should be set until the inspections have been passed. The number of false grand opening dates for this season alone can't help to garner local support.

• 9 months later...

Two items:

1) apparently everything at Ghost Town in the Sky will be torn down and "Resurrection Mountain" will be built in its place.

2) Ghost Town in the Sky's acronym is GTits. What a waste of an incredible acronym.

Lame. What a waste of a classic 1960's wild west attraction. They had a humble authenticity for building these types of attractions back then that is hard to find now.

I predict they'll be able to build enough momentum to tear down the old park, but then everything will stall out and that will be the last we'll hear about this park and "Resurrection Mountain" until they finally throw in the towel and sell the property so houses can be slapped across it.

• 6 months later...

Ghost Town in the Sky, home of Cliffhanger (The bizarre Hopkins terrain looper on the side of a mountain), quietly reopened this July with some kiddie flats and the original chairlift, and in September its western show reopened with Phase 2... Phase 3, which hopefully includes attractions on top of the mountain is slated to be finished in late 2014 or early 2015...

Park website: ghostowninthesky.com/

Any thoughts or comments about the future of the park with its new management?

^The fact that no one on this forum has posted about the park opening (or knew) isn't a good sign. I haven't seen a single advertisement that the park had opened here in Knoxville and the last thing posted in this forum was the park was being torn down for a religious attraction. Pretty strange that they would "quietly" reopen.

Two items:

1) apparently everything at Ghost Town in the Sky will be torn down and "Resurrection Mountain" will be built in its place.

2) Ghost Town in the Sky's acronym is GTits. What a waste of an incredible acronym.

Wow, that video is incredibly painful to watch.

Two items:

Yeah, sounds like a barrel of laughs, that's for sure.

Two items:

Agreed

But in one of the pictures it looked like they planned on keeping Cliffhanger so at least we can all look forward to that!

in the small chance that Cliffhanger DOES reopen, maybe I'll visit with a big "ATHEIST" shirt just to see what happens. After I get my coaster credit, of course.

Beware, the crazy religious people have some sort of sixth sense about this stuff! Robb and I walked NEAR Holyland one time while getting my oil changed at a place nearby and security gave us this evil look like they knew!!!!!

Don't worry about me. I went to college in Southern WV and our school was filled with religious nut jobs. I know how to handle myself around those people. In reality, I probably wouldn't even bother going because it's not like Cliffhanger was ever worth riding.

Fixed that for you.