Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

**Page 5: MGM**
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Randomness

Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Okay, so last Saturday, we finally pull into the hotel! After 14 hours of sitting I sat again while we waited to check in. We stayed at Shades of Green, which is a really nice resort for active and retired military. It's across from the Polynesian, but it's tucked away pretty good. I think part of it used to be the Disney Inn.

It's really one of Disney's best kept secrets due to its location and the price! Anyway, we check in, go to the room, and then eat.

Now for the coaster stuff. Sunday we went to Magic Kingdom (or is it THE Magic Kingdom)

No, I want to skip ahead to the awesomeness of Tuesday!

We get to Animal Kingdom, late as usual, so I had to dash to Everest just to wait for about 20 minutes, not bad. My dad was sick so I was waiting by myself, but no big deal! There was tons of stuff to see.

So, I get in the middle with some lady, and we're off! We go through the first part and I'm like, ok, not bad! We start going up the second lift hill. and the train stops.

The lady goes" this isn't good" and I said to myself, "wow, this sure wasn't in Erik's video! So after a few minutes the usual voice recording: "we have had to make an unscheduled stop, the train will continue shortly" yeah, that held me over for about 10 minutes.

Then finally, I see three cast members making there way up the mountain. "We are making a routine evacuation" Routine....... One person was even dumb enough to ask if this was part of the ride.

I asked the cast member and she said "something had gone wrong". So we got to walk through all the track before the lift and I got some pretty nice shots!

And of course they gave us re-entry passes and I rode it. Very nice! Alot better than I had expected. The yeti seemed to come alot closer than he did in the videos! I'd give in a 8/10.
100_1641.JPG
I wasn't too high up.
100_1642.JPG
Random people in front of me!
100_1644.JPG
Expedition Evacuation!! (or is this part of the ride?) =)
100_1646.JPG
More random people!
100_1647.JPG
Ooooooh! Mountain!!
100_1648.JPG
100_1649.JPG
Can't get that shot in too many places!! =)

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:09 pm

LMFAO!! :lmao: Thats great....I wish I was on it, he well at least you got something positive out of the evacuation! GREAT PICS! =)

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:13 pm

I got an evacuation on TTD from the launch pad, oh yea, be jealous I got to walk 10 feet of flat metal mesh.

At least there wasn't anyone completely freaking out and having a baby.

Full Fledged Pirate Enthusiast!

Postby phazan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Thats cool you got to walk around the ride, AND you got to ride it. Anyway, sounds like you had fun on your trip. BTW, was that evacuation part of the ride?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:40 am

You got a couple of really great shots there, the ones at the end?

Bet those two photos couldn't be taken from a moving tea train, lol! :wink:

And it looks like (IMhO) yours is:

The First E:E Walkback TR

Congrats!

:airtime:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ShadowLink79 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:27 am

Congratulations! You got to ride ~The Walkback!~ Ooooooooh! If you were higher... maybe you could ski off the mountain! ;)

:b ShadowLink79 :br

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:20 am

Well... atleast you got some good pictures out of it.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:06 am

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

So we arrived at "THE" Magic Kingdom at 9:30. The crowds were pretty bad but not terrible. We rode the train around and then headed towards Big Thunder Mountain. The wait was only 20 minutes! It turned out to be 10.

- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (6/10)
It was actually a fun ride, we sat in the back so we got a little airtime. It was alot faster than it seemed to be. A really nice ride.

Then we headed over Haunted Mansion. You could somewhat say it was a walkon because within minutes, we were in the "sinking" room.

- Haunted Mansion (5/10)
This ride was alot better than I expected it to be! The effects were classic and great. The ride itself was alot longer than I thought it would be.

Then we ate lunch at some Columbian themed place. Pretty good food and not bad prices.

After lunch, we went over and saw Phillarmagic. It was a pretty cool ride with nice 3D effects.

After that, we went over and rode the slow Indy Speedway twice because my brother liked it soooo much. After that I hightailed it over to Space Mountain and got a FASTPASS.

While we waited for our time to come around, we rode Stitch's Great Escape.

- Stitch's Great Escape (6/10)
I never got to ride Alien Encounter so I don't know how similar they were. The ride was fun and I'm not sure why everyone puts it down. It wasn't "awesome" but it was fun. Except for the chili dog. I'm never eating one again!!

Then it was time for Space Mountain!

- Space Mountain (7/10)
This ride really made me look twice. I had no idea it was so open inside the mountain and that you could almost see to the top. The ride itself was cool to. Not fast but still a nice ride.

After that we rode Carousel of Progress and it was pretty cool but a bit boring.

Then as my Mom wanted to watch Cinderellabration, I went and got Fastpasses for Jungle Cruise which was dumb because there was only a 20 minute wait.

- Jungle Cruise (4/10)
This ride was okay, I guess it was our "enthusiastic" guide that kinda ruined it for me. Other than that, the ride was okay.

The day overall was fun and the lines weren't bad at all except for a few and FASTPASS helped that.
100_1505.JPG
Castle! People!
100_1509.JPG
I see Big Thunder Mountain!
100_1514.JPG
This sign apparently confused alot of people because they didn't see "Epcot" at the bottom.
100_1520.JPG
100_1525.JPG
Castle shot!
100_1530.JPG
My kind of wait time!
100_1529.JPG
I can't believe I forgot to ride Splash Mountain!!!
100_1533.JPG
Shot from the lame Tom Sawyer's island.
100_1537.JPG
Spooky... Not really....
100_1550.JPG
Wasn't that bad!
100_1559.JPG
DUCK!!
100_1563.JPG
Tomorrowland!
100_1578.JPG
Action shot!! Animal Kingdom pictures later!

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:07 am

Some people say it ruins the magic, but if it meant I were in WDW, I'd love to have an E:E evac. :lol:

Thanks for the pics so far!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:53 pm

Here's some more pics from "THE" Magic Kingdom
100_1513.JPG
Mainstreet
100_1518.JPG
Look at that HUGE castle!
100_1531.JPG
The sky was really blue.
100_1543.JPG
carousel! more people!
100_1546.JPG
Space Mountain!
100_1548.JPG
Arcade next to Space Mountain!
100_1549.JPG
I kept calling "Mass Transit Authority" People Mover, was I corrected!!
100_1567.JPG
OH Yeah!
100_1562.JPG
Silhoutte-lookin
100_1577.JPG
Another Action shot!!

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive